Cell phones have become essential tools in modern life. If you do not own one, you may be considered obsolete and outdated in today’s society. As sad as this may sound, not having a cell phone can prevent you from interacting with family and friends, getting help in an emergency, and staying up-to-date on current events. You don’t want to miss out on any of these things, do you?
Unfortunately, not everyone can afford a cell phone. This is because some phones are expensive to purchase and come with high monthly payment obligations. Are you one of those people? Don’t worry! There are several ways to get a free cell phone without a contract. On this page, we will discuss in detail how to get completely free cell phones without a contract. Follow us to learn more.
Is It Possible To Get A Free Phone Without A Contract?
It is indeed possible to obtain durable, quality, and reliable free cell phones without a contract. Several carriers offer amazing deals that allow you to get a free cell phone without signing a contract. Here’s how it works:
- Some carriers give out free cell phones with no contract as a welcome gift when you switch from another carrier to their services and open a new account.
- Some carriers have a “buy one get one free” phone policy as a way of marketing their devices. This entices you to buy their phone with a guarantee to get one for free without a contract.
- Some carriers offer free phones when you enroll in their unlimited monthly plans, which is a great advantage for members who require many lines.
- You can get a free or discounted phone with some carriers when you trade in your older phone to a more advanced phone.
So there you have it! There are several ways to get a free cell phone without a contract. Do some research and compare offers to find the best deal for you.
Is Taking A Free Cell Phone Worth It?
The value of a free cell phone is a subjective matter that depends on the individual’s circumstances. For those who value expensive, advanced, and the latest phones, and who have the financial means to pay for them, free phones are not likely to be worthwhile, as they are typically not as advanced as the latest models. However, for those who are financially strained, have little money to spend, and are in dire need of a working phone, regardless of its features, a free cell phone can be a valuable asset. These phones can meet their basic communication needs and save them a significant amount of money.
Places To Get Free Cell Phones without Contract
1. Lifeline Assistance
Obtaining a free cell phone is not exclusively limited to deals provided by various carriers. It is also possible to get one from the government. The American government, for instance, initiated a program known as Lifeline Assistance, which provides free cell phones to the needy, vulnerable, poor, disabled, and all eligible citizens. This program offers absolutely free cell phones and discounted service plans to low-income individuals. The program works with a number of carriers, such as Assurance Wireless and SafeLink, to be successful.
To qualify for a free phone from Lifeline, you must:
- Have an income that is below 135% of the federal poverty guideline.
- Be an active participant in any federal aid programs, such as Medicaid, SNAP, Supplemental Security Income, Veterans Pension, and Survivors Programs, among others.
2. SafeLink Wireless
This is a reliable provider that partners with Lifeline to provide free cell phones and discounted plans to eligible beneficiaries. With this provider, you can bring your own phone and receive a 500 MB data bonus each month. If you do not own your own phone, you can get a free device from them with service plans that vary by state. For example, if you live in Massachusetts, you will receive a free device, free 2 GB of data, and free 350 minutes of talk time each month. Residents of California will receive free 3 GB of data, unlimited talk minutes, and unlimited text messages each month.
3. Assurance Wireless
This is another lifeline company that provides free cell phones to eligible members without a contract. In most states, the provider offers free unlimited texting, free 350 minutes of talk time, and free 2GB of data per month. However, this is not the case for California residents. These users receive free unlimited texting, unlimited talk time, and 500MB of data per month. The company also offers low-cost discounted plans to users who need to add more data or minutes to their plans. For example:
- 100MB for $1 per month
- 2GB for $2 per month
- Unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 5GB of data for $15 per month
- 4GB for $20 per month
- Unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 4GB of data for $30 per month
- Unlimited talk, text, and 10GB of data for $45 per month
If you are not eligible for free lifeline phones, do not despair. There are other ways to obtain a free phone. You may be able to find a generous person who is giving away or selling their old phone at a very low price on Craigslist.
This is another convenient social network platform that provides an opportunity to obtain a free cell phone. It connects people in the same neighborhood for purposes such as trading, organizing local events, or assisting those in need. On this platform, you may be fortunate enough to meet a helper who is attempting to donate their older cell phone to those less fortunate.
This is another online marketplace that functions similarly to Craigslist. It connects a large number of people who advertise their products for sale. Some people also offer to give away their phones for free or at a very low price in order to sell them quickly.
Best Carriers That Offer Absolutely Free Cell Phones Without Contract
1. Sprint mobile
The process of obtaining a free cell phone through Sprint Mobile is both simple and effortless. The company operates a flex leasing system, which leases you the phone of your choice. After the lease period, you will own the phone outright. You may also choose to upgrade to a newer phone at a discounted rate after the lease period.
The company provides both new and refurbished phones at a lower price. As a result of Sprint Mobile’s partnership with T-Mobile, you will be able to obtain all of the free phones offered by T-Mobile through Sprint.
2. Verizon wireless
Verizon offers a variety of ways to get a free phone, including:
- Switching to Verizon service
- Adding an extra line of service
- Enrolling in an unlimited plan
- Trading in an old phone
Verizon offers a wide range of phones to choose from, including:
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Google Pixel 5
The Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G features a 128GB storage capacity, 64MP cameras with the ability to record 8K sharp videos, and a 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X display.
The iPhone 12 Pro Max features a 6.7-inch Super Retina XDR display, 128GB storage, and 12MP triple cameras.
The Google Pixel 5 features a 6-inch OLED display, 8GB of RAM, 16MP cameras, and a 4080 mAh battery.
3. T- Mobile wireless carrier
T-Mobile offers three opportunities to get a free cell phone: a trade-in deal, a “buy one get one free” policy, and discounted deals after switching to their services. Through its Magenta deals, you can get phones like the following:
- iPhone SE: When you add a new line to your existing T-Mobile plan, you can get a new iPhone SE for a $200 discount. This phone has a 12 MP camera, a 1624 mAh battery, 2 GB of RAM, and 128 GB of storage.
- iPhone 11: When you buy a new iPhone 11 under the Magenta deals and enroll in one of their monthly payment plans, you can get a free iPhone 11 and save up to $700. This phone has a 12 MP dual-camera system, a 6.1-inch display, a 3110 mAh battery, 4 GB of RAM, and up to 256 GB of storage.
- Samsung Galaxy S20: Buy a new Samsung Galaxy S20 from T-Mobile and get one for free. You can also trade-in an eligible device to get up to a $1000 discount. This phone has a 64 MP quad-camera system, a 4000 mAh battery, 12 GB of RAM, and a 6.2-inch display with a resolution of 1440 x 3200 pixels.
4. AT&T wireless carrier
AT&T offers discounted cell phones through promotional deals to all customers who switch from another carrier to their services. When you enroll in their services, you can enjoy the following:
- Samsung Galaxy S20: You can trade in your old phone for a new Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G and get a discount of up to $700. The phone features:
- 108 MP camera
- 5000 mAh battery
- 16 GB RAM and up to 512 GB memory capacity
- Google Pixel 4: You can get a Google Pixel 4 64 GB for only $5 per month, or trade in your old phone and get up to $300 off the price. The phone features:
- 16 MP camera
- 5.7 inch screen size
- 2800 mAh lipo battery
- 6 GB RAM
5. Metro by T- mobile
MetroPCS, which operates under T-Mobile’s 4G network, offers free or discounted phones with unlimited services under the following phone deals:
- iPhone 7 deal: You can get a new iPhone 7 at a discounted price of $29.99 after switching to MetroPCS’s services. The phone features a 4.7-inch screen, a 12-megapixel camera, and a 1960 mAh lithium-ion battery.
- Samsung Galaxy A20 deal: You can also get a free Samsung Galaxy A20 after enrolling in MetroPCS’s $50 monthly unlimited plan. The deal is discounted to $25 per month, and the phone features a 13-megapixel camera, a 4000 mAh long-life battery, and 32 GB of memory capacity.
6. Cricket wireless
Cricket Wireless, which operates on the AT&T network, offers free cell phones without a contract under a trade-in or “buy one get one free” policy. The following are some of their deals:
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Pure deal: Purchase a new Samsung Galaxy J2 Pure phone, enroll in their $30 monthly plan, and get one free. The phone features:
- 8GB of ROM
- 5-inch screen
- 8MP rear camera
- 5MP front camera
- LG Escape Plus deal: Get a free LG Escape Plus phone after switching to Cricket Wireless’s $30 monthly payment plan. The phone features:
- 8MP rear camera
- 5MP front camera
- 3000mAh non-removable battery
- 5.45-inch screen display
Twigby is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that operates on Sprint or Verizon’s networks. It offers discounted monthly plans and phone deals. Some of these deals include:
- A Samsung Galaxy A11 deal that includes a 79% virtual discount and a 50% discount on monthly plans for the first 6 months. The phone features a 6.4-inch screen, a 13-megapixel camera, up to 64GB of storage, and a 4,000mAh battery.
- A Google Pixel 4a deal that includes a 158% online discount and a 50% discount on monthly plans for the first 6 months. The phone features a 12-megapixel camera, a 3,140mAh LIPO battery, and 6GB of RAM.
8. Straight Talk
Straight Talk is currently offering a free LG L413 phone to new customers who switch to their service and enroll in any unlimited plan starting at $35 per month. These plans include unlimited talk, text, and data, with no annual contracts, no credit checks, and no activation fees. The LG L413 features a large 5.3-inch screen, 16GB of storage, an 8MP camera, and a long-lasting battery.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a free phone without contract?
Indeed, there are several ways to obtain a free cell phone without a contract. One option is to apply for a government-subsidized phone through Lifeline, a program that provides free or low-cost phone and internet service to low-income households. Another option is to purchase a used phone from an online marketplace such as Craigslist. Finally, some wireless providers, such as SafeLink, offer free phones with no long-term contracts.
Does Q Link provide free cell phones without contract?
Yeah, Q Link works with the government to provide free Obama phones without contracts through Lifeline. But you gotta be a low-income American resident to qualify.
Are free cell phones Absolutely free?
It is true that some free cell phones are Absolutely free. This is most commonly the case with government-subsidized phones. These phones are provided at no cost to the recipient, as long as they meet certain eligibility requirements, such as having an income below 135% of the poverty guideline. However, some free phones from other providers are not truly free. These phones may be available at no cost upfront, but the recipient may be required to pay a monthly service fee.
How do I qualify for a free cell phone without contract?
To be eligible, you must be enrolled in a government program, such as SNAP, SSI, or Medicaid. If you are not enrolled in a government program, your income must be equal to or below 135% of the poverty guideline. You must also ensure that there are no other beneficiaries of free government phones in your household.
There are several benefits to getting a free phone with no contract. These phones do not tie you to a specific carrier, which gives you the freedom to switch carriers without having to pay a termination fee. No contract also allows you to upgrade your phone to a newer model without having to worry about monthly installment commitments. As a result, these phones can help you live a more stress-free life.
As you can see, there are several deals that offer free cell phones with no contract. These deals give you the opportunity to enjoy both Android and iPhone services. The deals also come with favorable terms and conditions. Therefore, if you are looking for a free phone with no contract, we have listed the best deals for you to consider. We wish you the best of luck in choosing the deal that is right for you.