The internet kept alive many jobs and businesses as we could work from home through virtual platforms. But still, many people have been struggling to afford their monthly internet bills. The Federal Government here came up with this idea to provide people with nearly free broadband internet monthly. The purpose was to let those low-income households stay connected so that they don’t get deprived of their regular income. The Federal Communications Commission initiated before the temporary Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program which already has finished. As a result, the government launched a new program named the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which replaced the EBB program. There are also discounts for connected devices like smartphones and computers.
Assurance Wireless is known as a Lifeline and free smartphone provider, now joined in this Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) as one of many participant providers across the US. Here in this article, you will get to know the details on FCC criteria for eligibility, enrollment process, and other answers you might be looking for.
Sub Questions / Contents
- 1 How Does Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Work?
- 2 About the Assurance Wireless
- 3 Benefits of Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for Assurance Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- 5 The Application Process For The Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program
- 6 Required documents to apply for the Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- 7 Restrictions for the Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program
- 8 Assurance Compatible phones
- 9 How do you activate the assurance Wireless Service?
- 10 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 10.1 How do I know whether Assurance Wireless ACP is available in my area or not?
- 10.2 Will I receive the funds directly each month?
- 10.3 How long will the Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) last?
- 10.4 Can I get both the Lifeline benefit and ACP benefit?
- 10.5 Is any type of phone compatible with Assurance Wireless?
- 11 Final Word
How Does Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Work?
The ACP is a systematic subsidy program of the FCC. There are several stakeholders and procedures involved in this nationwide program. 875 internet service providers are taking part in this program. Assurance Wireless is one of them. These providers joined ACP immediately after the FCC announced the EBB closed. FCC doesn’t provide this fund directly to those low-income households. Rather FCC took the participant providers as stakeholders and provided the fund to the families through these internet service providers. Hence Assurance Wireless worked as the EBB provider to qualified households in the past. Now with ACP benefit, a household gets a $30 discount every month on its total internet bill. Families living in tribal lands get $75 per month. Besides, there is a free smartphone and $100 discount facility for these households. But remember this program is only allowed for per household and this program is nontransferable.
Now if you think you want this discount to your monthly internet bill, then you must meet one of the FCC eligibility criteria. The National Verifier here determines the applicant’s household eligibility. As an applicant, your first step is to submit your eligibility supporting information and documentation, based on which the National Verifier determines your eligibility status. All the criteria are pointed to determine the low-income household status. So, if you meet the income-based criteria or your household is a member of any of the government assistance programs then you can enroll in the Assurance Wireless affordable connectivity program. Lifeline beneficiaries are automatically considered for this program. They don’t need to go through the eligibility process.
About the Assurance Wireless
Assurance Wireless is renowned for its Lifeline Assistance program. The assurance Wireless offers free monthly data, monthly minutes, unlimited texting, even a FREE Phone to eligible households through the Lifeline Assistance program. This company offers free phones to their eligible customers in over 40 states in the USA. Assurance Wireless comes with a low-cost plan including extra minutes and data. Even customers can get low international rates to over 200 countries. Fortunately, there are no extra bills, long-term contracts, and activation fees so that Assurance customers keep their customers worry-free. Due to additional voice minutes, data, international calling, and international texting, eligible low-income people’s top choice are Assurance Wireless.
Assurance Wireless is professional, reliable, and highly responsive to its vast numbers of customers. This company has a strong commitment to ensuring the highest numbers of customers to provide the best possible experience. A mobile hotspot is another attractive feature that is designed for personal mobile connectivity. Both the Lifeline assistance program and the ACP is available at Assurance Wireless, but only one household can receive each benefit.
Benefits of Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
Assurance wireless is the most attractive option for millions of subscribers with a wide coverage area. Their services are highly satisfactory to the customers. You can bring your device to them for an update or change. The most attractive part is, that you may receive a completely FREE phone. To know more about current plans, call 1-888-898-4888.
With the ACP of Assurance Wireless, you may receive certain benefits. Those are:
- A Free Smartphone
- Free Unlimited data
- Free Unlimited Texts
- Free Unlimited Minutes
- Free 10 GB Hotspot Data up to 4G LTE Speed
There are some other special offers that Assurance Wireless provide to their customers:
- No annual contract
- Voice mail account, call Waiting, and Caller ID
- Multi-Layer Scam protection (Scam ID, Scam Block, and Name Caller ID)
- 911 Access
- Low International rates over 200 destination
Eligibility Criteria for Assurance Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The FCC has specified eligibility criteria for the applicant families. You also can qualify for the Assurance Wireless broadband discount if any of your family members meet any of the FCC criteria based on income status or government assistance membership. If you are already a member of the Assurance Wireless Lifeline program then you are already eligible for the ACP. For the Assurance Wireless ACP, here are some of the eligibility criteria mentioned below. So, to get the monthly discount, find out if you meet any of these FCC criteria:
- The household income should be less than or equal to 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. FCC considers this income as low-income and the household is eligible for the ACP program.
- Lifeline program members are directly eligible for the Assurance Wireless ACP. It’s because the eligibility criteria for both Lifeline and ACP programs are the same here. Other Government assistant programs determine ACP eligibility also. Among them are Medicaid, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), SSI (Supplemental Security Income), Federal Public Housing Assistance, and Veterans Survivors Pension.
- The applicant’s household members must have received free or reduced-price meals in the last 12 months.
- The recipient of a Federal Pell Grant in the current year.
- It is possible that you may be eligible for a low-income program offered by an existing provider.
You have to submit the required documentation to the National Verifier as part of the whole application process. There are other criteria you can find on this page fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit.
The Application Process For The Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program
Those who enroll in the Assurance Wireless EBB program by December 31, 2021, will continue to receive Assurance Wireless EBB benefits for another 60 days. The total process is pretty simple, just you have to show some proof of documentation while applying for the Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program. There are some simple steps that you should follow to apply for the Assurance Wireless ACP.
- Step 1 : Check if you are eligible or not via National Verifier.
- Step 2 : Then you have to contact using Assurance Wireless official website by inputting your zip code. Make sure that Assurance Wireless is available in your area.
- Step 3 : Press ‘Apply Now. Your browser will be redirected to the Assurance Wireless ACP application form. While applying online application, you have to input the following information:
- Your full name
- Current address
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
- Passport/driver’s license, taxpayer ID
- Step 4 : You must include your proof of identity
- Alternatively, you can apply at acpbenefit.org, and Assurance Wireless or another participating provider will apply the discount to your account.
Note: After finishing the application process you will have to wait for the eligibility mail. In the meanwhile, the National Verifier will verify all your information and documents to check if you are eligible according to the FCC guidelines. Once you are considered eligible, Assurance Wireless will provide you with monthly internet service.
Required documents to apply for the Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
To apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), you have to prepare all of your information and documents against your claim for the ACP benefits of Assurance Wireless. When you go to apply, provide a copy of one of the documents listed below.
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Tribal Identification Number (If you fit this category)
- Any of the Government-issued ID (State ID, PR ID)
- US Driver’s license
- Your Passport copies
- U.S Military ID
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
You need to provide your Federal Government special program-related documents based on your eligibility claim:
- Current income statement
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General assistance (SNAP, Medicaid, etc.)
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Unemployment statements
- Other official documents containing income information
Restrictions for the Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program
There are still some restrictions from the FCC for the Assurance Wireless EBB program. It is only for individuals who participate or qualify in any of the government programs. And if the household experienced a job loss or qualified according to the income rate of federal poverty guidelines. According to the FCC regulation, each household will receive only one benefit. A household is not permitted to use the Affordable Connectivity Programfor multiple users. Even so, this benefit is non-transferable. Customers have to notify the provider within 30 days if they no longer qualify.
Assurance Compatible phones
Unfortunately, not all devices are compatible with assurance networks. Some wireless compatible phones work with the Assurance Wireless network. Via the Virgin Mobile network, any regular phone or smartphone is compatible. The most attractive option is a simple compatible regular phone or Flip phone that is a more flexible option for senior people. Those phones are highly customized for people who choose simple options such as calling and texting. Those phones have regular large dial pads and buttons and ensure maximum user convenience. You can get an entry-level smartphone for free, or you can upgrade the models of your choice with the Assurance Wireless.
How do you activate the assurance Wireless Service?
Please follow the steps if you want to activate the assurance Wireless Service to your phone.
- Press and hold the power button and turn on your smartphone. Allow your phone to connect with the Assurance Wireless network. The phone will take “Update” and it will power off.
- When the phone turns back on it will ask to customize the phone. You may skip the setup screen, just accomplish three simple steps.
- Dial 611 to follow recorded instructions.
- Now, enter your Assurance Wireless account PIN (you will find the option on your approval letter.)
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How do I know whether Assurance Wireless ACP is available in my area or not?
The ACP benefits are not available in every state. You have to check whether Assurance Wireless is available in your area or not. The process is simple, just visit “assurancewireless.com/acp/affordable-connectivity-program”. Enter your zip code to check availability.
Will I receive the funds directly each month?
Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provides a monthly discount to eligible households of up to $30 and in tribal states, the monthly discount is up to $75. This wireless provider receives the fund from FCC like other providers and passes the discount to its customers. Assurance Wireless processes all enrollments within 7 business days and all credits by the 10th of each month.
How long will the Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) last?
According to the FCC, this program will last for years. Since FCC already announced the termination of EBB, The ACP will be serving low-income households from now on. Assurance Wireless will provide discounted internet and gadgets until the FCC stops it.
Can I get both the Lifeline benefit and ACP benefit?
Yes, being a Lifeline customer, you are automatically eligible to get the ACP. But being a Lifeline customer doesn’t enroll you in this discount automatically. If you are already a Lifeline member, then you just need to ask for your ACP through Assurance Wireless. You have to complete the Assurance Wireless application for the permission of ACP.
Is any type of phone compatible with Assurance Wireless?
Unfortunately, not all devices are compatible with assurance networks. Some wireless compatible phones work with the company’s network. You have to check compatibility while you want to enroll in Assurance Networks.
The covid-19 has changed all of our communication aspects. Such changes allow us to look for high-speed internet connection as the most essential medium to live or work. The Federal Government has always been coming ahead to aid people who struggle for livelihood. The newest and the right example is the recent ACP program. The FCC initiated the Affordable Connectivity Program so that eligible low-income people can take advantage of high-speed internet-based communication in every aspect of virtual activities. Assurance Wireless is always committed to offering reliable internet services with excellent customer services. Assurance Wireless is trying to provide internet facilities to customers with equity through the ACP. Getting this monthly benefit is like a blessing for vast numbers of Assurance Wireless users who are eligible households.