Since the Covid-19 impacted our nation and lives, people have been experiencing new ways to lead their lives. Eventually, everything has been done virtually. There have been dramatic changes in Jobs, health services, businesses, entertainment shows, and many more sectors. Even the first graders are attending their classrooms virtually. In these states of affairs, the federal government found that many people lost their income sources due to this pandemic. Many people saw their income depleted due to the shutdown. But the government came up with many financial aid programs. For example, the Emergency Broadband Benefit, or EBB, was one. After the EBBP, the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) started another program named ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) immediately to let these households stay connected with their virtual necessities.
So that these people who lost their income can continue their jobs, study, and other services. The government is offering the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) via various broadband, and wireless providers among others Boost Mobile is the significant one. Boost Mobile is a wireless telecommunication company that offers various services including voice calls, internet connection, and messaging. Boost Mobile is playing a role to help bridge the digital divide which marks a major class inequity. Read below to know detailed information about the Boost Mobile Affordable connectivity program (ACP).
What is the Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)?
Within the guideline of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Boost Mobile started committing to help underprivileged people by providing affordable internet. Under the FCC’s initiative called Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), Boost mobile works as a participant high-speed internet provider. Now, eligible people across America can enjoy high-speed internet from boost Mobile with a $30 discounted price monthly. In this initiative, if you are eligible based on some Federal Governments Criteria then you can enroll and enjoy unlimited data, text, and call. In tribal lands, eligible households get up to a $75 monthly discount on broadband internet like the EBB. Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) also offers a discount of up to $100 off for device purchases such as smartphones, tablets, etc. through the providers. Boost Mobile will offer a wireless plan exclusively for Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) customers.
Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Plan
According to Boost Mobile’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) plan, customers get 7GB of 5G/4G LTE data monthly along with unlimited data at slower speeds when the high-speed allocation is reached. A Boost Mobile flagship plan offers 512Kbps data at a throttled speed. With a phone plan, customers will receive unlimited talk and text as well as 50 minutes of domestic roaming.
Now low-income people can use the internet and don’t deprive themselves of their job or social services from high-speed internet. All you have to do is to check if you are eligible and then enroll for the discount benefits.
Eligible Requirements for Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
Before applying for Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program you must be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Make sure and check that Boost Mobile covers your area. There are general eligibility criteria in the following:
- If the household has participation in these assistance programs: SNAP (supplemental nutrition assistant program), SSI (Supplemental Security Income), Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), Veterans survivor Pensions Benefits Fund, and more)
- If the household’s total income is less than 200% of the federal poverty guidelines, then the applicant will be eligible for Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
- If any of the members of the participant household receives the federal free or reduced-price lunch and breakfast program.
- If anyone has received the Federal Pell Grant in current years
- If you lost your job or were furloughed during this pandemic then can apply as eligible with the documents.
The application process for Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
Before applying check, that you are eligible or not. You may visit the local store of Boost Mobile. Then a trained representative will guide you. You must gather your proof of documentation.
However, applying online is the simplest way, visit https://acp.boostmobile.com/ just enter your zip code, and click the “Start Button”. Zip code is necessary because Boost mobile availability and plans vary State by State. Then input some personal information below:
- Your full name
- The last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Your date of Birth
- National Verification Application ID
- Your email address and phone number
- Tick whether you are already a Boost member or not and if you agree to provide information or not.
- Then continue and follow the instructions to continue the application process.
The provider will review your application in a couple of days and let you know if you are successfully enrolled.
What are the documents required for the Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)?
Before applying for the Affordable Connectivity Program, you have to make sure that you are eligible for this program or not. As an applicant, you will have to provide any of the documents listed below.
You will require these documents during your application for Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP):
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Any of the Government-issued ID (State ID, PR ID)
- US Driver’s license
- Your Passport copy
- Tribal Identification Number (If you fit this category)
- U.S Military ID
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
You may also need to provide Federal Government’s special program-related documents based on your eligibility claim:
- Current income statement
- Unemployment statements
- Prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General assistance (SNAP, Medicaid, etc.)
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Other official documents containing income information
Furthermore, if you think you are eligible based on a specific program, then these documents are needed:
- Benefit award letter
- Statement of benefits
- Approval letter
- Benefit verification letter
What are the benefits of the Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program?
Customers who qualify for the Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) (former Boost Mobile EBB Program), can apply to apply their discount for free service to the following plans:
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Program includes:
- With our 7GB Unlimited plan, you will receive 7GB of 5G or 4G data (with unlimited data), unlimited text messages, and unlimited voice minutes.
- A tablet Plan.
- Plans that include a mobile hotspot with a monthly data allowance of 7GB of 5G or 4G data
- Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) offers a $30 discount on other available plans if the plan costs $30 a month or more. Each household is entitled to one discount.
- Tribal lands residents will get a free Boost Mobile ACP 35GB smartphone plan worth $60 monthly, or the 7GB Tablet plan or mobile hotspot plan (each worth $30)
- As a new customer, you can use a given Pomo code to select the discounted monthly ACP plan.
- Even existing customer can use given e-PIN when activating their plan.
Does Boost Mobile offer free tablets?
Recently there is no information on the Boost mobile website that they are offering free devices. They may change deals at any time with availability. Currently, they are offering well-discounted smartphones. As an eligible household and a Boost Mobile user, you may receive one-time discount on a mobile device. It is completely up to Boost Mobile to select a device. According to boost mobile, eligible customers will get the option to purchase an Alcatel Linkzone device for a one-time cost of 24.99 (a discount of $49.99) from the website or retail store. The eligible customer who is already on an Alcatel Linkzone will receive a $25 digital “bonus” gift card after 5 months of usage. We advise you to check with Boost Mobile Support and ask which device you can attain by the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit.
Limitation of Affordable Connectivity Program
Similar to other Government Assistance Programs Affordable Connectivity Program comes with some restrictions set by the FCC. Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) limitations apply to all programs from all ACP providers. Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is only available to certain eligible households. In order to be eligible, you must have a household income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefits are only available to one household per year. This ACP benefit is non-transferable. If they no longer qualify for the discount, customers must notify the provider within 30 days. Within each 30-day period, the customer must use the service at least once to make a voice call, send a text message, or use data.
What other services can I get at Boost mobile?
Besides Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), Boost Mobile offers numerous deals to its customers.
- Unlimited talk & text
- $15-2GB 4G/5 per month
- $25-5GB 4G/5G per month
- $35-10GB 4G/5G Per month
- $50-35GB 4G/5G Per month
- $60-35GB 4G/5G Per month
- Mobile hotspot
- Data packs
- $5/month- 1GB 4G LTE Data
- $10/month- 2 GB 4G LTE Data
- Phone insurance
- International services
- Premium caller ID
How do you know if you enrolled in the Boost Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)?
- If you are a new customer: As a new customer, you can track your enrollment status by using a unique code, if your application is approved. Boost Mobile will notify you via text message with the specific number and instructions regarding the next step.
- If you are an existing customer: As an existing customer, they will issue you an e-PIN number to switch $30 plan if your application is approved. You will receive an e-PIN from Boost Mobile. In the text message, there will be instructions regarding the next step.
Frequently Asked Question
How long is the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) available?
As I mentioned before, the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) replaced the EBB program. At the end of 2021, ACP took over EBB. However, EBB was a temporary program only intended to last until funding runs out, or for 6 months. Since its inception, the FCC has made sure that the ACP program is a long-term undertaking. At present, it is unclear whether ACP is a permanent program. However, the Affordable Connectivity Program will serve the nation for a very long time without a doubt.
Does Boost Mobile participate in government lifeline programs?
In the current situation, Boost Mobile does not offer a government Lifeline program. Lifeline customers may be eligible for Boost Mobile’s basic Lifeline service discount. Be sure to check with the provider’s customer support department.
How existing customers can enjoy Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)?
Existing Boost Mobile customers are also welcome in Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) but they have to go through the eligibility process beforehand. After qualifying the FCC guidelines and criteria, the Boost Mobile users will be switched to the new discount program automatically.
The FCC initiated the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to help eligible households with internet-based communication in every aspect of their life. In this program, every low-income household gets high-speed internet with an affordable discount. Boost Mobile is doing so to help people stay connected 24/7. Boost Mobile already provides award-winning connectivity to US wireless consumers with no annual service contracts. You will be surprised to know that Boost Mobile offers various kinds of services for different earning households. With other popular Boost’s services, this company is offering an emergency broadband benefit program to ensure monthly discounts on broadband internet. Boost mobile is also offering other communication services such as texting, calling, internet surfing at a regular rate.