Are you looking for a carrier that can help keep your senior connected to his or her loved ones? Look no further as Cellular One is the ultimate carrier of choice. This carrier is one of the best carriers in the United States. Currently, this carrier offers prepaid, contract cellphone services to all its customers. This carrier also offers free government monthly plans to all eligible seniors. When it comes to connectivity, this carrier does not disappoint as it allows you to enjoy 3G, 4G LTE, and 5G network, depending on the model you choose or get.
Thankfully, it has good coverage across the US. When it comes to free phones, be sure that you will get one, once you are eligible for its Lifeline program. Apart from this program, the carrier offers ACP program that helps to lower your communication costs significantly. With all these advantages at hand, chances are that you are eager to know the various cell phones for seniors can obtain from this carrier. In this article, we shall take a closer look at how you can obtain Cellular One phones and plans alongside other related ideas.
Does Cellular One Offer Free Phones For Seniors?
Yes. Unlike other carriers, this one offers free phones to seniors who qualify for its Lifeline program. However, it does not end there as any other person can get a free government phone in case he or he meets this carrier’s Lifeline program requirements.
Therefore, if you are a low-income earner or participate in a government assistance program, you can now go ahead and apply for the free government phone and be connected with those whom you love.
In Which States Cellular One Offer Free Phones
To start with, this carrier does not offer free government phones to all states in the US. The only states where you are likely to get a free government phone include:
- New Mexico
Therefore, if you reside in any of these states, you can go ahead and apply for a free government phone from this carrier.
How Do I Get Cellular One Free Phones
When it comes to the methods that can enable you to get a free government phone, be sure that there are two ways that can help you get started. The first one is based on your income. If you have a low income that stands at or is below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines and resides in either Arizona or New Mexico, you can produce your eligibility document to ascertain the same and then apply for a free government phone from Cellular One.
On the other hand, if you reside in Utah, your income has to stand at or be below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. With that requirement at hand, you can now go ahead and apply for a free government phone from this carrier.
Besides the income criteria, you can also get a free government phone from Cellular One if you are participant in a government assistance program. Whether it is Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, be sure that you can qualify and apply for a free government phone from this carrier and be connected with those whom you love. All you need to do is to accompany your application letter with any of these eligibility documents and be good to go.
Who Are Eligible For Getting Cellular One Free Phones
Although it is the wish of everyone to get a free government phone, not everyone deserves to get one. This is because there are certain eligibility requirements one has to fulfill in order to qualify for a free government phone. Some of those requirements include:
1. Ensure you have a low-income
One of the criteria that can enable you to get a free government phone is having a low income. To put this into perspective, your income has to stand or be below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, if at all you reside in either Arizona or New Mexico. However, if you live in Utah, your income has to stand at or be below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
2. Be a participant in a government Assistance Program
Apart from the low-income criteria, you can be eligible to get a free government phone from Cellular One if at you participate in any of the following government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(Food Stamps)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- National School Free Lunch Program
- Supplemental Security Income(SSI)
- Navajo Nation Program for Self Reliance
- Tribal Food Distribution Program
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
What Documents Need For Getting Cellular One Free Phones
When applying for Cellular One free phones, there are certain documents that you must present in order to verify your identity and eligibility status. Typically, these are the personal documents and eligibility documents. Here is a breakdown of these documents so that you can know them better:
1. Personal documents
To proof your identity, you need to provide an official document that shows your full legal name, your address, your date of birth and so forth. Some of the documents that can help prove this include:
- A green card
- U.S driver’s license
- Your passport
- Your birth certificate
- A certificate of U.S citizenship
- A government-issued ID, military, Federal or Tribal ID.
- Your personal Tax Identification Number(TIN)
2. Eligibility documents
Besides the personal documents listed above, you must present or submit one of the eligibility documents that shows that you are genuinely a participant of a government assistance program or have a low income. To prove that you have a low income, consider submitting any of the following:
- Your Social Security statement of benefits
- A copy of the annual Federal or Tribal tax return
- Your unemployment statement of benefits
- A copy of the pension statement of benefits
- Child support award or divorce decree
- Veteran administration document
On the other hand, if you are a beneficiary of the government assistance program in the US, be ready to submit any of the following documents:
- A letter to show that you are approved to enjoy Medicaid program
- Federal public housing benefit award letter
- SNAP benefits verification letter
- A document showing you received Current academic year Federal Pell grant
- Free and reduced-price school breakfast or lunch program document. This document should have a future expiration date on it.
Generally, any document that can help show that you benefit from any of the government assistance programs listed above, can help prove your eligibility to get a free phone from Cellular One.
How Do I Apply For Cellular One Free Phones
The process of applying for the Cellular One free phones is not difficult per se. When it comes to the application process, you can either choose to apply online by visiting Cellular One’s website, www.cellularoneonline.com.
Better still, you can visit one of the brick-and-mortar stores of this carrier and get started from that end. Finally, you can reach out to Cellular One’s customer service team by dialing 1-800-730-2351. You can even leave a message on the Contacts section of this carrier’s website and they will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you choose to apply online, you should first ensure that you meet the much-needed requirement and then get started. Whether you have a low income or participate in a government assistance program, you should ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements of these criteria. Thereafter, visit this carrier site and then make your application from that end.
Depending on your eligibility criteria, you are at liberty to fill out either the income-based application form or the program-based form. Thankfully, these two forms are available on this carrier’s site.
More importantly, ensure that you fill in your personal details correctly in the fields that you will see on your screen. Once you are done, consider uploading any of the eligibility documents you have, depending on the application form you choose to fill in the first place. The good news is that the application form does not take long to fill. Within a few minutes, you will be done.
Once you submit your application form, alongside the eligibility documents, you should wait for it to be approved by the Cellular One team. Typically, the team will take a few days and will get back to you soon.
Here, you will be able to know the fate of your application form. In case it met all the necessary requirements, you will get a free phone from this carrier within a few days. Thereafter, you will be able to activate it and start enjoying the incredible cell phone services of this carrier.
What Type Of Free Phones I Get From Cellular One
When it comes to the models the seniors can receive, this carrier does not specify the specific model one can end up having. Besides this, the carrier only offers free smartphones to those eligible seniors who qualify for the Lifeline program.
Although the model one can expect is not specified, be sure that you will get a good smartphone that will meet your communication needs. This is because these models are refurbished models that work well just like brand new handsets. Depending on your location and current availability, you can expect to find any of the following models:
1. Nokia 1.4
The above-mentioned phone comes with the following striking features:
- 6.5 HD+ screen that is ideal for seniors as it allows them to see texts clearly whenever they are typing. Also, they will be able to see images with minimal or no eye strain at all.
- 2-day battery life that will ensure that the senior remains connected even when there is a power outage in your home. Therefore, the senior will not have to keep on charging it every now and then.
- To optimize your phone’s security and data, it comes with a fingerprint sensor. With this feature in place, the senior will be the only person who will have access to the mobile phone.
- The model allows you to connect to 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE network. With this feature in place, the senior will be able to connect to the internet fast enough and be able to receive new updates, email alerts, and so forth.
2. Sky D5 Max
This model comes with the following features:
- It has a screen display of 5 inches which is large enough for seniors to write text messages, see images sent, and so forth.
- If your senior likes storing photos, videos, and other files, be sure that this model will not disappoint as it comes with an internal memory of 16GB and 1GB RAM. The latter enables the phone to be relatively fast whenever the senior is using it on a day-to-day basis.
3. Alcatel Vision
Besides the above-mentioned models, you can now get Alcatel Vision from Cellular One, thanks to its Lifeline program. Some of the features that come with this model include:
- It comes with a relatively larger screen that is big enough to allow the senior to see images on a larger interface with minimal eye strain. In addition, the large screen makes it easier for him or her to type messages and also browse the internet.
- The model comes with alarms and timers that can remind the senior to take his or her drugs on time. Besides this, the alarms help him know when to leave for a doctor’s appointment.
- It comes with a GPS location feature that is vital for seniors who may want to find places whenever they are driving. With this feature in place, you will be able to track the senior in case of an emergency and thus save his or her life.
4. Alcatel 1
This phone boasts of having many incredible features that might mesmerize you. These include:
- The model has a battery whose capacity is 2000 mAh. With such a long-lasting battery in place, the senior will not have to charge the phone every now and then.
- It has a large screen display that allows the senior to type well and see the images sent clearly. Whenever the senior is browsing the internet, he or she will not have to strain his eyes as the screen is large enough.
- Besides supporting LTE bands network, it allows you to connect to Wi-Fi hotspots. Therefore, the senior will have an easy time accessing the internet whenever he is at home or even in public places.
- It allows you to install fitness and wellness apps. Such apps are very vital for seniors as they can help track their fitness routines and also enable them to obtain much-needed nutrition information.
- The model allows the senior to download games and play them during his or her free time. Such games can have a positive effect on memory and cognition,
5. PCD P41
To start with, this model has a 4-inch screen display that is large enough for your seniors to type messages, view different images and videos and so much more. Thankfully, the screen comes with a user-friendly interface that will not be difficult for your senior to use. Besides this feature, the model has the following features:
- It comes with a Li-Polymer battery whose capacity is 5000mAh which can store charge for longer hours. As a result, the senior will not have to charge it every now and then. In fact, it is ideal whenever the senior is traveling or is in an area that has a blackout.
- The model allows the senior to set alarms and alerts so that he or she can know when next to take drugs. This feature also helps the senior when next visiting the doctor for an appointment and so on.
- It also comes with a GPS location feature that helps the senior locate different places whenever he or she is out there. Apart from this, the feature makes it easy for his loved ones to trace him when necessary.
- The model allows the senior to install fitness and wellness apps that help keep his or her health in check. Here, the senior will allow the senior to know vital details such as the steps he has taken in a day, and essential nutrition information, among others.
Apart from these models, here are other phones that you can get from this carrier:
- Blue View 3
- Cat 242
- Moto E6
- Blu C5L 2021
- Blu M8L
How Do I Activate Cellular One Phone
Once you receive your Cellular One phone, you can visit the nearest Cellular One store and get assisted from that end. Here, you will find an agent who will help you get started. Besides visiting the nearest Cellular One store, you can also activate your device by reaching out to the customer care service of this carrier.
Here, you can dial 1-800-730-2351 and you will be able to reach out to a representative or agent who will guide you accordingly. Either way, you will get helped and be able to be connected to this carrier’s network.
It is imperative to note that you will be given a phone number that is not easy to change. In addition, your device will only work with this carrier’s network. Once your device gets activated, you will be at liberty to send text messages, make calls, connect to the internet, and so forth.
What Other Benefits I Get From Cellular One If Qualify Lifeline
Besides obtaining a free phone, there are other benefits that you can get from Cellular One, once you qualify for its Lifeline program. If you live in Arizona, Utah, or New Mexico and do not reside in Tribal lands, you will be able to enjoy the FreedomFone plan. Thankfully, this plan comes with the following offers:
- 1100 Voice minutes
- 1100 Texts
- 5GB of 3G Data
On the other hand, if you reside in the Tribal lands in New Mexico, Utah, or Arizona, be sure that you will get the following offers, on top of a free mobile phone:
- Unlimited Nationwide Talk and Text
- Unlimited Facebook
- 5GB of LTE data
Does Cellular One Participate In the Affordable Connectivity Program?
Yes. As we speak, this carrier is one of the participants of the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP program). Previously, it used to offer the Emergency Benefit Program but after 30th December 2021, this program got replaced by the ACP program. The good news is that the ACP program will further lower your communication costs as you will get a number of discounts on your monthly cell phone bills.
To put this into perspective, you will be able to enjoy discounts of up to $30 per month in case you live in non-tribal lands. However, if you reside in Tribal lands, you will be able to enjoy discounts of up to $75 per month.
Just like the Lifeline program, the ACP needs all the applicants to meet certain eligibility requirements. Here, you can qualify if you have an income that stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Better still, if you receive WIC benefits or experience a substantial loss of your income due to the COVID-19 pandemic, be sure that you will eligible to enjoy the benefits of the ACP program.
Generally, if you are a participant of a government assistance program, such as Medicaid, SNAP and SSI, you qualify to enjoy the ACP’s benefits.
Cellular One Plans
Besides the Free4Life plans and FreedomFone plans, some of the plans that are offered by this carrier include:
1. Contract plans
By subscribing to any of these plans, you will be able to enjoy the unlimited text and talk. However, as the name suggests, you will be tied to a 24-month contract. Under these plans, there are two categories of plans you can find here.
There is the $20 per month plan that allows you to bring your own phone and be able to pay monthly access fee as usual. Better still, there is the $40 per month plan that comes with a monthly access fee and 24-month promo pricing.
2. FlexFone plan
Unlike other plans, these ones do not need any deposit and do not subject you to any contract. In addition, your credit will not be checked for you to enjoy this plan. Typically, these plans are pay-as-you-go plans, where you will enjoy a 30-day bundle that is best fit to meet your lifestyle needs.
3. AirMax Home internet
By choosing this plan, you will enjoy high-speed internet in your home. With as little as $30 per month, you will enjoy internet speeds of 6 Mbps as the download speeds and 2 Mbps as the upward speeds.
What Network Does Cellular One Use?
This carrier relies on the Verizon Wireless network in order to offer nationwide cellphone services.
Does Cellular One Have WiFi Hotspot?
Well, you can purchase the Option XYFi Mobile Hotspot for as little as $99.99 and be able to connect to numerous hotspots within your locality.