To me, an iPhone is not a luxury anymore. It is now a communication device that lets me connect to any online platform and helps me to execute my tasks successfully. But a few months ago, I had to struggle with digital communication. Video calling, texting, surfing essential sites, using applications, and all the high-end smartphone experiences with faster speed were only in my dreams. But when I got the iPhone in my hands, I can now communicate with my friends and colleagues smoothly like a pro. Even my work-from-home hours are so constructive and simple that I mostly don’t need to depend on any other devices. If you are the one then let me tell you that, you can also get a free iPhone if you have a food stamps membership (now it is known as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP).
A few months ago, I was searching on the internet to see if there is any chance to get an iPhone for free. Surprisingly, I found a way to obtain a free iPhone. If any of your household members enjoy the Food Stamps membership, then you can apply for an iPhone through the Lifeline or EBB program. Luckily my parents have this Food Stamps membership and I applied for the Free iPhone using the Food Stamps. So, here I am sharing my whole experience of getting the free iPhone with Food Stamps.
What is the Food Stamps Program?
Food Stamps is a renowned government assistance program for low-income households and individuals. Currently, the federal government calls it SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). The Federal Government initiated Food Stamps to provide low-income or incomeless people with free food and nutrition. The Nutrition Service of the US Department of Agriculture manages the total fund of food stamps. My family gets this fund according to our total income and expenses. We enjoy this benefit because of my household’s low income. This is how we met the eligibility requirements and then applied for this largest domestic program.
A large number of organizations such as local state agencies and nutrition educators provide SNAP benefits to eligible households. Families who are Food Stamps beneficiaries of this fund can buy bread, cereals, fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, poultry, and dairy products with the monthly fund. As I told you how I got my iPhone for free, Food Stamps qualifying families and individuals can apply for the free iPhones through the Lifeline program. If you are a SNAP member and want a free iPhone then you just need to qualify for the Lifeline or EBB free phone using your SNAP membership. I also got discounted internet, free minutes, and SMS through the program.
Can I Get a Free iPhone With Food Stamps?
SNAP or Food Stamps directly allow the beneficiaries to purchase food and nutrition products for their family members. You can also use your Food Stamps to apply for the free iPhone from the federal government. Please remember that you cannot apply directly for the iPhone through the Food Stamps program. The FCC terms and conditions state that applicants receiving government assistance should be eligible for Lifeline to receive a free iPhone. Like I said, first you will have to be eligible for the Lifeline or EBB program. Then you should apply for the free iPhone using your Lifeline or EBB membership. But you still can enjoy your food subsidy along with a totally free iPhone. In that case, you need to prepare some documents to prove your identity, income, and your qualification.
Furthermore, you may qualify if you are receiving any other government assistance program. You have to choose one of the listed Lifeline providers who offer a free government iPhone for the subscribers through Food Stamp. The whole process requires some online form fill-ups as well as offline paperwork to fill up. Please note that the provider will deliver you the free iPhone from one of the specific models. You don’t have options to get your desired iPhone model due to the FCC rules.
Eligibility of Free iPhoneWith Food Stamps
According to the Federal Government’s regulations, Low-income people must meet any of the eligibility criteria to receive the free iPhones with the Food Stamp or SNAP. Those qualification criteria are described below.
- Work : SNAP recipients must work at least 30 to 80 hours per week. Students and caregivers (of children under the age of six, elderly individuals, disabled people, and patients in drug rehabilitation) will work an average of 30 hours per week. Adults from 18 to 49 years who are not pregnant or with dependent children, must work or participate in workforce training for at least 80 hours each month.
- Income : Household members’ gross monthly income should be 130% or less than the federal poverty guidelines to be eligible for the Free iPhones with Food Stamps.
- Resources : A household saving could be a maximum of $2,250 in a bank account or equivalent sources. If anyone is disabled or older, then the household may have $3,500 in their resources. Though the entire requirement of resources varies from state to state.
- Immigration status : If you are a legal immigrant and living for 5 years in this country receiving disability assistance or any other benefit, then you can apply for the Food Stamps benefit.
- Housing expense : When the housing cost of a household is 30% or less of its monthly income, it is considered eligible for Food Stamps.
- Student : Students who are struggling due to low income are eligible for SNAP.
What Documents Need to Upload for Free iPhoneWith Food Stamps?
Knowing the requirements of actual documents is necessary to get the free iPhones with Food Stamps. Here are the documents you should provide.
Documents required as Food Stamps participant
You need to submit these documents to prove your participation as a qualified applicant.
- Food Stamps Program award letter that clearly shows your full name and the program name.
- Eligibility proof document (letter from State Agency Stating you receive this benefit).
- Copy of your Food Stamp Benefit EBT Card.
Proof of ID
Several types of ID prove your nationality as American. Make sure any of the IDs you provide is valid and clear enough to visualize. Here are the ID categories that the providers usually accept.
- Driver’s License
- U.S. Government, Military or State I.D. (including date of birth, social security number)
- US Passport
- Certificate of US Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Military ID
- Social security card
- Birth certificate
- Permanent resident
- Permanent Resident Alien Card
- Unemployment or Workers Compensation Statement
You have to submit any of these documents respectively.
- Recent Tribal TANF letter or card. Current BIA card
- Prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Free or reduced school meal award letter
- Current income statement
- Tax return in 2020or 2021
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment statements
- Divorce Decree
- Child support award
- Social security statement of benefits.
How do Food Stamps Recipients Apply For Free iPhone?
Providers offer free government phones maintaining the FCC guidelines. There are some basic procedures to follow to get the free iPhone from a Lifeline provider. Each provider has a different application process. Here are some processes according to the benefit providers:
The application process for Cintex Wireless:
- During the application process, you must provide all the necessary information (Your name, address, date of birth, last 4 digits of social security number, or Tribal Identification number)
- Submit all types of Proof of documents (a copy of membership card, or a cover letter, income Tax return, other legal documents)
- Then go to the official website of Cintex apply.cintexwireless.com, you will see the two boxes, enter zip code and email id and sign up.
- Complete the form by following the on-screen instructions.
- If you are eligible and your application gets approved successfully, then you can receive your free iPhone through Food Stamp within a few days.
The application process for the SFone wireless
- Apply online apply.sfonewireless.com/broadband submit all the required information and documentation properly according to the instructions.
- Call customer care at +1(855)655-3097 and ask anything you face during the application process.
- After completing your application process properly with proof of address and proof of eligibility, you will be able to get a free iPhone. The representative will contact you once they receive confirmation.
The application process for the NewPhone wireless
- Apply online : You can apply for the iPhone in only 5 minutes through the online application system. The application process is too easy, you just need to provide proper information. Visit newphone.com and submit all of your personal information and Food Stamps-related documents. Then tap on ‘Sign Up. The application approval process takes about 20 to 30 minutes. Sometimes it takes 3 to 4 days or longer to get approval due to proof of documents.
- Proof Verification : Your proof will be verified through the system by the Government. In that case, you need to provide proof of eligibility. It is assured that your documents are always guaranteed to be confidential. You can always check the status by logging into your account at apply.newphone.com/checkstatus
- Order shipment : You will receive an email confirmation for your order. If you get approval then NewPhone will begin shipping the iPhone to you within 7-10 business days. Enjoy free iPhones with food stamps.
What Is the Income Limit For Getting Free iPhoneWith Food Stamps?
According to federal law, your household and income resources have to meet three general requirements to qualify for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Food Stamps.
- Monthly gross income (income before any deductions under the program are applied) must be below 130% of the federal poverty guideline. The poverty guideline is higher for bigger and lower for smaller families.
- Net Income (after a household’s deduction for the program is applied) must be at or below the poverty line.
- Assets must fall below a certain level. Limits are: households without an elderly member (a person aged 60 or older is considered elderly), or with a disability must have assets of $2,500 or less, and for households with such a member, assets must be $3,750 or less.
Despite this, some people are ineligible for SNAP whether or not they meet the income or asset eligibility requirements. These individuals include:
- Strike taking individuals
- Immigrants without authorization
- Students who attend college more than half of the time
- Lawfully present immigrants
Additionally, people without children in a home without disabilities are limited to receiving SNAP benefits for only 3 months every three years.
What Type of Free iPhone Can I GetWith Food Stamps?
You won’t know which model of iPhone the provider would give you. You have to go through the approval process with the carrier first. Many providers offer iPhones and other Android phones with Food Stamp, some providers offer both and some offer any of them. If you want to get a free iPhone, choose the carrier or provider that offers only the iPhone through SNAP or Food Stamps.
With the Food Stamps, they offer a variety of facilities such as Free iPhone or smartphone in addition to food and nutrition. If you want the exact model of the iPhone, I have bad news for you. It depends on the provider and the availability of the model. And you will have to accept the one they deliver. But you can find the brand name and model on the provider’s website. I can give you hints like the Cintex Wireless gives iPhone 6 16 GB,
Which Providers Offer a Free iPhoneWith Food Stamps?
Companies like Cintex, NewPhone, and Sfone wireless especially provide free iPhones and other smartphones under the Food Stamp program.
1. Cintex Wireless
Cintex Wireless is a famous service provider and one of the largest LifeLine providers in the five states of the USA (Maryland, Arkansas, Maine, Rhode Island, West Virginia). Qualified customers can get monthly services with free minutes, text, data, and a free 4G LTE smartphone. Fortunately, there is a chance of getting a free iPhone with unlimited data as part of the Lifeline program through Food Stamps.
Food Stamp is the previous title of SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). It is one of the government assistance programs for low-income people. In this program, eligible customers can receive free iPhones. They are doing everything possible to keep customers connected. Moreover, Cintex is one of the providers that offer iPhones completely free.
2. SFone Wireless
SFone Wireless has a vast network that covers the majority of the USA and proud to offer the Food Stamps by providing a variety of facilities. They provides students, veterans, and seniors a great opportunity to move through unprecedented times with unlimited free data, Talk, Text. SFone allows you to stay connected to its network anytime, anywhere, anyplace.
SFone Wireless is offering free unlimited broadband service in Arkansas, Maine, Maryland, Rhode Island, and West Virginia. It has a plan to extend this service to everywhere in the US very soon. It has partnered with Cintex Wireless to provide free iPhone, Android smartphones, free minutes, and free texts with no contracts or bills. This SFone Lifeline service is free for qualified or eligible customers. To receive a free iPhone with unlimited data, you need to sign up with your eligibility documents but it depends on the product availability while the supplies last.
3. NewPhone Wireless
One of the leading providers of Lifeline wireless services is NewPhone wireless. This company dedicates itself to helping customers with new plans and facilities so that people can stay connected uninterruptedly. With Food Stamps and NewPhone Wireless, qualified individuals can receive unlimited free service along with 4G/5G smartphones and free iPhones. Whether you are a student, employer, doctor, or anything else, NewPhone can keep you connected with nationwide and reliable networks along with free phones and free services.
Besides the iPhone, NewPhone Wireless also provides some other popular brands. There are no hidden fees and no contract. NewPhone notifies the customers about any change in this program. Surprisingly, With the new iPhone, you can keep your current number.
Other Provider Names That Offer Smartphones
Certain providers offer free home phones and smartphones through the Lifeline program. All of them come with a reliable network and Lifeline program benefits. The free phones providers are:
- Access Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- American Assistance
- Cintex Wireless
- Easy wireless
- Feel Safe Wireless
- Infinity Mobile
- Life Wireless
- Verizon Wireless
- New Phone Wireless
- Q Link Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
- SafetyNet Wireless
- Standup Wireless
- enTouch Wireless
- Terracom Wireless
- True Wireless
- Tag Mobile
- Life Wireless
- Tempo communications
- Assist Wireless
- Blue Jay Wireless
- Budget Mobile
- Reach out Wireless
- U.S. Cellular
Are There Any Ways to Get a Free iPhone ?
In case you are not getting a free iPhone from Lifeline then there are some other ways to get a free iPhone. These other ways are given below:
1. Free iPhone from carrier deals
Some carriers offer free iPhones by signing a contract of around 1 year. That means You have to pay for the phone in 24 months’ installments. Major carriers like AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, and other few companies offer free iPhones regularly. The deal is not actually free as you will have to fulfill the payments by installment for 24 months.
2. Free iPhone From survey offers
Some surveys offer free iPhones through collecting credits and points. If you collect enough points or credit, you will be able to get an iPhone for free.
3. Free iPhone from Apple or other tech companies
It is a very common facility that gets iPhones from various tech companies. They provide free laptops, tablets, and iPhones to their valuable customers.
4. Free iPhone from free marketing agent
Being an online influencer on any social media platform you can get free iPhones by promoting brands that help promote business. If you have huge followers on your Instagram or Facebook profile, then you can ask for a free iPhone in exchange for the brand promotion.
5. Free iPhone by giving review
Some reviewers who are famous on social media and YouTube can look for the option that gives the reviewer an iPhone or free. There is an application option and you have to follow some instructions such as the review should be more than 500 words, you will have to upload photos or videos of the product testing, etc.
6. Free iPhone from giveaway contest
Nowadays, you will find various giveaway contests offering onscreen prompts to register. The winner can receive a completely free iPhone but have to post it on social media. Be careful about those types of giveaway contests that are complete scams. Choose the right one, especially a renowned name to participate in.
7. Free iPhone from Amazon vine
It is possible to get a free iPhone through Amazon vine. It is a platform that rewards people by making true and honest product reviews. In that case, you have to provide an honest review through your Amazon account. Once your review is noticed, you might luckily get the free iPhone.