Being a parent is fun but at the same time comes with a number of challenges. This is because, no matter how much you love your kids and want to make them happy, you must set boundaries for them. Of course, kids love and find smartphones fun and interesting. However, these types of phones are not friendly for them to use. As a result, Gabb wireless came in hand to ease such burdens from parents.
Gabb phones for kids are now easily available and helps to keep your children connected but safe from harmful technology. These phones lack internet connection and only features basic specs like radio, calculator, camera, alarm clock, texting app, and call app. However, it is important to note that Gabb phone for kids only works under Gabb wireless network. However, the good news is that the company has reliable services and affordable plans that make the experience more interesting. If you want to know about Gabb phone for kids, this guide is here for you.
Why You Shouldn’t Give Your Child a Smartphone?
As technology advances, so do smartphones. These devices have become useful not only in communication but also helps in other roles like tracking your kids, online learning among others. However, though important, there are a lot of cons that follow after giving smartphones to your kids. You should therefore avoid giving your kids smartphones. Some of these cons are:
- Your child might be exposed to pornography: As we speak, there is a plethora of adult content online. Your child might be exposed to that content unawares. Since some of these sites are not foolproof, your kid might be vulnerable to such content, and this can consequently affect his behavior. To avert such issues, you should not give your child a smartphone.
- Cyberbullying: Besides pornography, cyberbullying is another reason why you should not give your child a smartphone. This is because most people usually harass kids, especially on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. Your child might be harassed by people online, and this can affect him or her psychologically. To keep your child safe from such people, you should not give him or her your smartphone.
- Your kid might have difficulties when sleeping: If your child is always glued to the smartphone’s screen all the time, he or she might have difficulties sleeping. In most instances, your kid might suffer from insomnia, and this can have adverse effects on his health as well as his productivity both at home and even at school. To keep such a problem at bay, you should keep the smartphone away from your kid for a while.
- Your child might become a social outcast: Kids are known to be social beings. They usually play and interact with other kids freely. However, once you introduce a smartphone to your kid, he or she might become a social outcast. Here, your kid might hardly interact with other people apart from his peers online. This can be detrimental as face-to-face social interaction is key to the growth of your kid.
- It impedes your child’s ability to learn: As far as your child’s social-economic development is concerned, a smartphone is said to be detrimental. This is because it normally diverts the attention of your kid, among other things. To put it into perspective, regular use of a smartphone’s interactive screen usually impairs the development of your child’s skills needed for science and math.
- It can lead to obesity: If your child hardly exercises or plays games with others, chances of being obese are very high. Since a smartphone is addictive, your child might lose interest in playing games or being active at home. Consequently, your child might start gaining more weight over time. If this is not checked, it might lead to obesity.
Gabb wireless is a cellular network provider that was initiated by Stephen Dalby with the aim of designating special mobile devices for kids to offer them safe connection and communication. This company was started when the owner couldn’t find an ideal phone for his teen son. This triggered him to mode his own phone. The company has been greatly applauded with their phones received positively both by parents and kids.
What type of phones do they offer? This is probably the next question in your mind. Their phones do not have access to the internet and social media. Apart from this, their phones don’t have games. As a result, your kid is less likely to remain glued to the phone while playing online games. Also, their phone does not have an app store, where your kid might download extra apps other than the ones that came with the device. Finally, their devices do not allow you to send picture messages. As a result, your child will be safe from cyberbullying, among other issues. Besides being safe, your kid will spend less time on the device as it does not have a lot of fancy features. The good news is that your kid will be free to text and call his peers when necessary.
Gabb Wireless’s Z2 Kids Phone
This phone operates on an Android platform. Unlike other devices, it is easy to use and comes with a number of pre-installed apps. When it comes to the camera section, this device comes with an 8MP rear camera that allows your kid to take great photos anytime he or she pleases. It also comes with a front camera that allows your kid to take awesome selfies.
As far as its storage is concerned, this device comes with 2GB RAM and internal storage of 32GB. This means that your kid will have ample space to store videos, photos, and so forth.
It also comes with a powerful processor that makes the phone quite fast whenever your kid is using it.
When it comes to the battery section, this phone comes with a powerful battery that can last up to 3 days. Unlike other devices, this one comes with a fingerprint reader. Other essential features that come with the device include:
- Bluetooth feature
- FM radio
- Calendar app
- Voice recorder
- Photo gallery
- Alarm clock
The phone goes for $99.99 upfront. Since this device does not have fancy features, it is only ideal for talking and texting. With this device, you will be able to communicate with your kid and get a few updates whenever he or she is away from your home. As long as your kid has your contact, he or she will be able to reach you at any time.
Gabb Phone Plans
As we speak, Gabb offers two different phone plans. They include:
- Gabb Plan
- Gabb plus Plan
Note that both of these plans offer unlimited text and talk services. Also, both plans do not require you to sign a contract for you to enjoy them. Therefore, you can always quit any of them any time you please. They are also affordable and offer GPS tracking. This way, you will be able to know the whereabouts of your kid.
However, there are some differences between these two plans. One of them is that the Gabb plan does not allow for group and image texting while its counterpart allows it. Besides this, Gabb Plan costs $19.99 per month while Gabb plus Plan costs $24.99 per month. If you are on a budget, you can go for the Gabb Plan, though both of them are relatively affordable.
Gabb Wireless Reviews
Since its invention, Gabb wireless has been receiving praises and positive reviews. This has triggered many parents to buy these phones for their kids. Below are reasons as to why parents prefer to buy these phones:
- The handset is able to balance the safety needs and social needs of the child. This means that the kid can readily interact with his or her friends and still remain safe from cyberbullying.
- Like we mentioned above, the phone offers your kid a chance to enjoy unlimited texts and calls. Since your kid is not exposed to the internet, he or she will not feel different from other kids.
- When it comes to connection, the phone does not disappoint. Therefore, your kid will not experience connection problems whatsoever. As a result, your kid will be able to reach you anytime he or she pleases.
- Also, there are no disruptive apps or addictive apps that can make your kid to remain glued to the phone for hours. As a result, most kids using the phone still remain productive and still enjoy the benefits that come with the phone. In fact, there are no games in this handset, and this makes your kid not to be glued to the phone for longer. Since the phone comes with basic features, your kid will still remain in touch without necessarily having to jeopardize their relationships with other people.
- Generally, the phone does not make your kid to become addicted to it. Instead, your child will only be able to enjoy basic features such as texting, calling, and so on. Consequently, your kids will become a responsible people in the future.
Gabb Wireless Alternatives
Although Gabb Wireless has proved to be effective in the recent past, some kids prefer other options. Therefore, as a parent, you have to know other options that will meet the needs of your kid. Also, since different kids might have different needs, it is important that you consider the needs of your kids before buying one. Here are some alternatives that will not disappoint you:
Besides Gabb Wireless, you can go ahead and purchase Pinwheel for your kid. Just like Gabb Wireless, Pinwheel allows your kid to enjoy the basic functions of a phone without necessarily exposing him or her to internet-related risks.
Apart from this, Pinwheel does not allow users to install social media apps and games. You will also not be allowed to install web browsers and even email apps. Instead, the apps that you can find here are normally screened early enough to ensure that your kid remains safe while using the phone. The above-mentioned phone comes with intuitive parental controls and a messaging app. It also allows the user to access Spotify.
Just like Pinwheel, Troomi does not allows users to install social media apps. Also, the app does not allow users to install any addictive games. Unlike other devices, this one offers much-needed protection from spam calls. It also comes with a GPS location feature that allows parents to trace their kids. Other features that come with this device include:
- Group texting
- Safe browsing apps
- Photo messages
- Quad camera
With this device, you can be sure that your child will be free from cyberbullying and pornography. It is therefore a good alternative to Gabb Wireless and Pinwheel.
Where to Buy Gabb Wireless’s Z2 Kids Phone?
You can buy Gabb Wireless Z2 kid’s phone at the company’s website. All you need to do is to visit the company’s website “gabbwireless.com” and then buy from there. The good news is that after buying, the phone will come pre-activated and you will also get free shipping after-sale service.
Frequently Ask Questions
What network does Gabb Wireless use?
Gabb Wireless operates under Verizon wireless. That means, they use Verizon wireless network. With this network, users are able to enjoy making calls and even texting their friends and family conveniently.
Can a Gabb phone send pictures?
No. To protect children from receiving bad context images through messages, Gabb phones prohibit multimedia messaging services. Unfortunately, even though the phone features a good camera, you can’t be able to send pictures.
Can you delete texts on a Gabb phone?
Yes. If you wrote the wrong message, you can delete it easily on this device. All you need to do is to tap on top of the screen and then tap the button indicating ‘delete.’ If you want to delete the entire message, you should tap and then hold the message from the phone’s screen and then tap ‘delete.’
Can you group text on a Gabb phone?
Yes. Among the many functionalities of this device, group texting is one of them. Therefore, your kid can group text his peers the way he pleases. However, users here have to choose the Gabb plus Plan as it is the only one that allows people to enjoy group-texting capability.
Is Gabb wireless anti-social media?
Yes. To protect kids from cyberbullying or identity theft, Gabb wireless does not allow young ones to access internet through their phones. Therefore, Gabb wireless can be deemed to be anti-social media.
Does Gabb Wireless have Smartwatch?
Yes. As we speak, Gabb Wireless has a Smartwatch. This watch is actually targeted at the young generation. With this watch, kids will still be able to communicate with their parents just as they would with the Gab Wireless phone. The smartwatch comes with other conveniences like GPS tracking, emergency notification and water resistance
Can you return a Gabb phone?
Yes. However, if you have to return it, the phone has to be in its original package, and all the contents have to be there. Besides being present, all the content must be undamaged and in pristine condition. Also, you have to return the device within 30 days of purchase.
Does Gabb have a friend referral code?
Yes. You can now find a friend or a close relative who has a Gabb account and then use their referral code when purchasing this device. By doing this, you will be able to save $30. The process is so simple and entails the following:
- Get a friend that has Gabb account.
- Use your friend’s phone number that is used in his/ her account as your promo code.
Note that there is no limit in referring your friends to buy Gabb phones. Therefore you can refer as many friends as possible. Also, once you refer a friend and he/she buys Gabb phone, your account gets a free month of service.
Since kids are vulnerable beings, they should remain protected. However, kids need to communicate and keep in touch with their peers. As a responsible parent or guardian, you should consider investing in Gabb Wireless phone for kids as it comes with basic features and does not allow your kid to remain glued to the phone for many hours. The good news is that this device has a budget-friendly price and plans to consider. Also, you will get to enjoy a number of features as mentioned above. I hope we have helped you acquire enough knowledge on Gabb phones for kids and all the best as you purpose to buy one.