Have you ever desired to create or even edit music for different purposes? GarageBand is the best app that can help you undertake all these activities with precision. As we speak, this app has revolutionized the music arena, thanks to its plethora of innovative features. The good news is that this app is very easy to use. It is one of the best apps Apple ever made. Although GarageBand app is an instrument and music app specifically made for iOS devices, this app can now operate on a Windows platform. This article will outline how you can download this app and use it on your Windows PC and other details regarding this app.
The Way To Use GarageBand For Windows PC & Laptop
Besides using this app on your iPhone device, you might want to use it on a larger platform, such as your Windows PC. However, the reality of issues is that there is no official app or software for GarageBand on Windows PC. In fact, Apple, the parent company that made this app, has not released any version of this app for platforms other than iOS.
Therefore, you might try to look for the official version of this app to use your Windows PC with no success. The good news is that there a solution to this problem. There are several ways you can download GarageBand on your PC and Windows.
Before we dive into how you can download this app on your Windows PC, there are several requirements that your computer should meet. They include:
- Your computer should run on Windows 7 or a higher operating system
- It should have 4GB RAM or higher
- The computer should have Intel i5 processor or higher.
- Minimum of 2GB of disk space
When downloading this app for your Windows PC, we shall consider using Bluestacks emulator. An emulator is basically used to replicate the user interface of one device onto another. Therefore, those apps that can only run well on Android or even iOS can now readily run well on your computer without any hitches. Here are the steps that will help you get started:
1. Download and install the Bluestacks emulator
As you purpose to download this emulator, it is imperative that you ensure that the emulator is not corrupt or have any form of malware. This is because if the emulator has malware, your system might be hampered and can make you lose essential data. The good news is that Bluestacks is completely virus-free and is free to download.
Besides this, it is one of the fastest emulators you can ever download. Other emulators that you can consider include; the Nox app player and so on. By visiting https://www.bluestacks.com, you will be able to download this emulator. Once you download the emulator, install it on your computer.
2. Launch the BlueStacks emulator
After the installation process is over, you can then proceed to launch the BlueStacks emulator. By doing this, you will find an interface that resembles that of an Android device.
3. Open the Google Play Store
On the home page of the emulator, you will see the Google Play Store. Log in your Google details and then search for GarageBand.
4. Download and install the app
The next step is to now download and install this app on this emulator. Technically, this process should take you a few minutes, and you will be good to go.
5. Launch the app
Once everything has been set, you can now tap on the GarageBand icon in order to launch the app. Thereafter, start making or editing your music.
Besides Bluestacks, you can now download GarageBand for PC using iPadian emulator. Here are the steps that you should follow;
- First, you should purchase iPadian using your PayPal so that you can later download it
- Once you have downloaded the iPadian emulator, you can now install it and then allow it to run.
- On the home page of this emulator, you will see the App store. Click it.
- Log in your details and then search for GarageBand in the search bar.
- Once you see the app, click it and let download it on this emulator.
- Install the app and then launch it on this emulator.
- Start making or editing your music the way you please.
Once you download this app for your PC, you can expect that you will enjoy these features:
- The app will allow you to use virtual keyboard. Better still, you can still use an external keyboard to connect to the GarageBand app using a USB cable.
- This app comes with multi-touch features as well as trigger options for live loop cells.
- With this app, you can trust that you will enjoy DJ style effects such as repeaters, filters, and vinyl scratching
- It allows you to play, record, capture and even share your music with your friend and those whom you love
- The app allows you to create over a million realistic groove
- This app comes with a simple user-interface that is easy to understand
- The app allows you to select from 9 electronic or acoustic drummers alongside their signature sounds
Best GarageBand Alternatives For Windows PC
Some of the best GarageBand alternatives for your PC include:
- Audio tool
- Abeleton Live
- Mixcraft 7
- Music maker jam
- FL Studio 12
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Is GarageBand available for Windows pc?
Not really. You have to use emulators for you to download this app. Some of the vital emulators that you can consider include the BlueStacks, Nox app player, and even iPadian.
Is GarageBand for Windows pc safe?
To start with GarageBand for PC does not have an official version. Therefore you have to look for this app from third-party providers. As you consider this option, you should be careful not to download an app that has malware as your PC might be at risk due to high-virus damage.
Is GarageBand still free?
You will realize that this app is free for iOS, iPadOS and even macOS. As a result, this app is ideal for creating and sharing music even when you are using your PC.
Do professionals use GarageBand?
Yes. As we speak, professionals now use this app to create and edit their music. In fact, some big names in the entertainment industry have used this software to track their entire albums and even hit songs.
Is GarageBand good for beginners?
Yes. Beginners can now use this app to create music, thanks to is simple user-interface. In addition, the built-in software instruments are not difficult to use or understand.
From beginners to professionals, everyone can use GarageBand to create or even edit their music the way they please. What’s interesting is that you can now do this away from your small handset and now do it on your PC. All you need to do is to download this app for your PC and you will be good to go. With a complete sound library that includes instruments, presets for guitar and voice, there is a plethora of features you are bound to enjoy once you download this app for your computer. Consider the above-mentioned ideas today and you will not regret it.