With the advancement of modern technology, a good internet connection is no longer a luxury but a necessity. This is because it is used for various purposes, such as staying in touch with loved ones, working online, learning online, accessing emergency healthcare, and more. Although a good internet connection offers these benefits, it comes at a cost.
Fortunately, Optimum is now offering free internet to those who are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. To put this into perspective, you will receive free 300 Mbps internet and a discount of $30 per month. The good news is that this program is now available to both new and existing Optimum customers. This will help you reduce your overall monthly internet bills. In this article, we will take a closer look at how you can get Optimum free internet, along with other related information.
Does Optimum Offer Free internet for College Students?
Indeed. In order to keep students connected during the pandemic, this carrier is currently offering Altice Advantage Internet for free for 60 days. If your household has a student in college or K-12, you will be eligible for this free internet.
This program has been a lifeline for many students who have been displaced as a result of school closures due to COVID-19. It has allowed students to continue learning and stay connected at an affordable cost. This program has also been critical in helping students who did not have internet access during the pandemic to remain connected and learn online from the comfort of their homes.
The 60-day program is now coming to an end. After the 60 days have elapsed, all beneficiaries will have the option to cancel the service or continue paying for it as a regular internet service. If beneficiaries choose to continue paying for the service, they will be able to do so for $14.99 per month. They will not be required to sign an annual contract and will receive free equipment.
To sign up for the service, please call 886.200.9522 or visit alticeadvantageinternet.com for more information.
Who Qualifies Optimum Free Internet
Optimum is one of the many service providers that participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). The ACP is a federal program that provides eligible households with a discount on their internet service. With the ACP, you can reduce your monthly internet bill or even get free high-speed internet service.
To be eligible for the ACP, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- You have a low income. Your income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. You can check the Federal Poverty Guidelines for your state to see if you meet this requirement.
- You are a participant in a government assistance program. The following programs are eligible for the ACP:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veteran and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Head Start
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) benefit
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- You are a beneficiary of free or reduced-price school breakfast or lunch via the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- You are a beneficiary of a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- You enrolled in a school that offered free school lunch and breakfast to all students via the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
What Documents Needs To Apply For Optimum Free Internet
When applying for Optimum free internet, there are a variety of documents that must be submitted. These documents will allow you to prove your identity and eligibility for the ACP program. The following is a breakdown of the documents that you should submit:
1. Personal Documents
You have to submit an official document that bares your official name in full, date of birth and your physical address in order to verify your identity. Some of the personal documents that contain these finer details include:
- Your government-issued ID
- Your passport
- Your state, Tribal or state ID
- Your birth certificate
- Your U.S Driver’s license
- Your Green card or permanent resident card
- Your certificate of U.S naturalization or citizenship.
2. Eligibility documents
In addition to the personal documents listed above, you must submit an official document that demonstrates your eligibility status. This may be proof of low-income or participation in a government assistance program.
If you are seeking to demonstrate that your income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level, here are some of the documents that may be used to verify this:
- Your prior year’s federal, state, or tribal tax return
- Your Social Security statement of benefits
- Your current income statement from your employer
- Your paycheck stub
- Any other document that shows your current income or pension or retirement statement of benefits
- A document that shows that your household benefited from the free and reduced-price school breakfast program or lunch program
- An official document indicating that you are a beneficiary of a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
When applying for this carrier’s ACP program, you must be 18 years of age or older. If you are an emancipated minor, you may also apply for this program. However, you must submit a document that proves your emancipated minor status. Some of the documents that may be used to verify this include a certificate of emancipation or an official court document.
How Do I Apply For Optimum Free Internet
Once you have gathered the aforementioned personal and eligibility documents, you may proceed to apply for Optimum Free internet offered by the ACP program. The following steps will help you get started:
- Determine your eligibility for the ACP program by using the National Verifier. To do this, visit the website: “getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D” and enter your first, middle, and last name in the empty fields. You will also need to enter your date of birth and choose how you would like your identity verified. Finally, enter your home address and select whether you qualify via a child or dependent. Click the “Next” button to continue. The National Verifier will determine whether you are eligible for the ACP program. It is important to note that you must be the actual Optimum account holder when verifying your eligibility.
- If you are not an Optimum customer, visit the website: “order.optimum.com/Buyflow/Storefront” and enter your contact information. Click the “Continue” button to continue. If you are an existing Optimum customer, skip to the next step.
- Complete the application process by visiting the website: “solix.my.site.com/AlticeBroadbandACP/s/?language=en_US“. Here, you will be able to apply for ACP credit to your Optimum account.
- You will receive a notification within 5 business days regarding the status of your application.
- If you are approved, you will receive the ACP credit within 2 billing cycles. This will provide much-needed relief on your monthly internet bills.
Optimum Free Internet Plan
As we have previously stated, Optimum is a participant in the ACP. If you are eligible for this program, you may be able to receive free 300 Mbps internet. You will be able to remain connected and enjoy discounts of up to $30 per month if you live on non-tribal lands.
If you reside in tribal lands, you may be able to receive discounts of up to $75 per month. Since this program offers credits towards the customer’s monthly billing cycles, you will be able to enjoy high-speed internet almost free of charge.
How Do I Get Free Optimum Internet If I Not Qualifying ACP
If you do not qualify for this carrier’s Affordable Connectivity Program, you may still access free internet by using the various hotspots available through this carrier. This carrier currently has over 2 million Wi-Fi access points available nationwide, which you can visit and connect your device to the internet free of charge.
To access the free internet, you will need to register your device once. After registering your device, you will be able to connect to the internet at any Optimum hotspot location. For more information, please visit: “optimum.net/internet/hotspots”.
Other Optimum Internet Plan
Optimum is one of the select carriers that offer affordable plans in the United States. These plans are also replete with incredible offers that are sure to amaze you. Some of these plans include:
|Optimum plan name
|$29.99 per month
|$39.99 per month
|$59.99 per month
|Fiber Internet 100
|$29.99 per month
|Fiber Internet 300
|$39.99 per month
|Fiber Internet 500
|$59.99 per month
|Optimum 1 Gig internet
|$79.99 per month
|Fiber Internet 1 Gig
|$79.99 per month
How do I get a free Wi-Fi/hotspot from Optimum?
To utilize a complimentary Optimum hotspot, visit an area that has this carrier’s hotspot and then navigate to your phone’s Settings section, select Wi-Fi settings, and then turn it on. Once you see the ‘Optimumwifi Emergency’ network name, tap it, and you will be good to go.
Are Optimum hotspots Unlimited?
Yes, it is possible. However, you must be an Optimum Online customer. This means that you must have an Optimum Online account.
Alternatively, if you are a subscriber to any of the following carriers, you will be able to enjoy this service free of charge:
- Comcast Xfinity
- Time Warner Cable Internet
- Brighthouse Internet & Cox Internet
If you are not an Optimum Online customer or a subscriber to any of the above-mentioned carriers, you may use a free day pass or purchase a day pass.