In today’s fast-paced world, technology is shaping our life into the digital world. The newest technology allows us to be worry-free in our daily life. The digital industry is helping people to reach their demands by evolving technology. Tracfone is one of the renowned prepaid cell phones providers, and this company is still going strong for its innovative plans. They have been providing quality service to their customers according to the demands for many years. Tracfone offers both airtime service and cell phones.
Keeping your old number to your number is like magic. Your same number means staying in the present with your family and friends. Lack your current number, your many opportunities can fail to reach you such as any job interview, admission result or your unused data and so on. Following Tracfone’s innovation, it is possible to transfer the Tracfone number to a new phone for the Tracfone users. Though many providers do not allow you to transfer your current number with new mobile. Luckily, Tracfone makes simple transferring numbers to a new phone. If you are looking for how do I transfer my Tracfone number to a new phone, your search will end here. Let’s dig into some steps to solve this issue.
Steps to Take transfer Tracfone Number to New Phone
If you have already bought a new phone and you want to remain your current cell phone number to Tracfone service, then you should maintain the procedure. Keeping your old number provides tremendous benefits, especially at a professional level.
Some important factors you should focus on more. Such as:
- The SIM you are using should fit your new phone. If too short, then it should be put in an adaptor and If the SIM size is too long, then you have to cut it to the appropriate size.
- If your current phone uses the Verizon network, then the new phone must have been registered.
You should follow several steps while transferring the Tracfone number to the new mobile.
- STEP 1: First, you have to try through the Tracfone website. Then, you will log into your Tracfone account by inputting your ID and Password. You must input “Register” for an online account. For registration input Tracfone number and email address.
- STEP 2: You just click on the “Activate/Reactivate Phone”. In the sidebar, you will find add or buy airtime,
- STEP 3: Click “Activate Phone” on the subsequent page. There will be a drop-down menu, that menu will appear in multiple steps.
- STEP 4: From the drop-down menu, select “Transfer Menu”
- STEP 5: The next page shows, transferring number process. Select “Transfer My service and phone number from One Tracfone number to another. Generally, it takes two weeks for the process to be completed. While transferring a number to your new phone, it is important to choose the model and brand of your new phone. Take a picture of your new Tracfone in the next panel, and now you should click “submit” when it is done.
- STEP 6: Click the check box where you will see terms and conditions. Read the terms for better understanding. And then agree to terms and conditions by clicking agree.
- STEP 7: When you transfer your Tracfone number to a new phone, you will be prompted to input your phone’s serial number. Enter the ESN or MEID number in the right place. You will find the number by removing your battery from this new phone. Usually, the number is listed as a sticker on your phone.
- STEP 8: After entering the number click “continue” if done. After completing the transfer process, you will receive a message on your newly activated phone.
Note: You have to wait until completing the number transfer from both carriers to a new phone. You can still use the number while the transfer is taking place, and you should not cancel your contact at Tracfone.
There is another effective way to transfer your Tracfone number to a new phone. This way is super simple, just you need to call the customer support of Tracfone. Tracfone customer service is highly responsive to their customers. You can take fast and efficient service from Tracfone.
- The customer service number is 800-378-9575
- Time: Mon-Sat 8 am to 10 pm EST (the best time for calling is 8. 20 am)
- Talk with a representative and ask for the help of transferring the number.
You may take help from customer support Live chat. For the fastest response, press 1 for English and Press 1 for Tracfone. Click on the next menu option to help new and old customers. To provide a quick response to 24-hour tech support, Tracfone has partnered with a California-based expert. Get advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership for getting help from a Live expert now.
Is It Possible to Transfer Minutes – Data from My Old Tracfone To my New Phone?
Tracfone has been an efficient call service, especially for low-cost prepaid plans. Tracfone users can easily buy a large number of minutes and data for daily use. If you decide to buy a new phone and want to keep your reaming minutes, then Tracfone allows you to transfer those minutes. Here are some simple steps you must follow while transferring minutes or data from your old Tracfone to any new phone.
- STEP 1: Call the Tracfone customer service number at 800-378-9575. Though Tracfone customer service is highly responsive, you don’t have to wait for long. Talk with a representative and ask for help with transferring the reaming minutes and data you want to use. The representative will give you suggestions regarding this matter. Wait for further action.
- STEP 2: For transferring your minutes and data to a new phone, you have to input your phone’s serial number. Provide that number to the customer service representative. The number can be found by taking the battery out of the new phone. Usually, there is a sticker on the phone with the number.
- STEP 3: You should wait until your remaining minutes are transferred. It doesn’t take too long time to transfer. The representative will tell you how long it takes for minutes and data to be transferred.