EBB program can be of great assistance to low-income families, and eligible people can achieve it at any time. The EBB program is temporary and will not last for a long period. FCC started the Emergency Broadband Benefit program on May 12, 2021. According to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), this program will last for at least six months.
FCC shut down the temporary EBB program in December 2021 and came up with the fresh and permanent Affordable Connectivity Program. There are still lots of similarities since the EBB is changed to the ACP. So if you want to cancel the EBB program, you can. Here we discussed discuss how to cancel the EBB program.
Sub Questions / Contents
- 1 Cancel The EBB Program
- 2 What will happen if you want to cancel the EBB program before the program ends?
- 3 What will happen after the EBB program ends?
- 4 How to deal with provider’s issues?
- 5 FAQ (Frequently Asked Program)
- 6 Final Word
Cancel The EBB Program
Yes, it is true that customers are able to cancel the EBB program if they want. As such, the EBB program is temporary, and the Federal Government has no fixed end date. Before the EBB program ends, a notification will be sent to the registered email address or phone number. The provider will notify you before the program ends. You may cancel the program before the end date. If you previously used the provider’s service then your provider cannot require you to wait for longer for a cancellation issue. In addition, your provider cannot charge an early termination fee (ETF).
Here are some terms regarding canceling the EBB program
- USAC and FCC must post updates about the program’s predicted termination. USAC and FCC both will aim to provide the information at least 60 days in advance of the snapshot date.
- 30 days before the end of the EBB, the Internet service provider (ISP) must notify you
- While you are applying for the EBB, you cannot submit more than one provider for approval per application.
- It is only for individuals who participate or qualify in any of the government programs.
- According to the FCC regulation, each household will receive only one benefit.
- A household is not permitted to use the EBB program for multiple users.
- This benefit is non-transferable
- Customers have to notify the provider within 30 days if they no longer qualify.
What will happen if you want to cancel the EBB program before the program ends?
If you want to cancel the EBB program before EBB ends, you have two choices:
- Continue with your existing service at the market rate- It will be possible to continue the EBB service with another service provider. There are several service providers are available to provide the EBB program. Just cancel your current provider, and enroll with a new one.
- Switch affordable home internet service- It is possible to cancel the EBB service if you no longer want it. Then opt-in or request to continue regular broadband service or choose any other low-cost plan. If you do not want to opt-in to the new service plan then the broadband service will end once the EBB ends.
Note: before the end of EBB, your service provider will notify you. In that case, EBB will not be applied to your next bill. If you do not make any choice, the ISP will not give any service after the billing period ends. You can choose any of the providers you want. If you are part of the EBB program, your service provider cannot force you to wait for a long period.
What will happen after the EBB program ends?
The EBB program is designed for this pandemic. After the pandemic will get over, the program will no longer be durable. The Federal Government has no fixed end date. Before the EBB program ends, a notification will be sent to the registered email address or phone number. The provider will notify you before the program ends. However, once the EBB benefit ends, you will have the option to continue the plan with your service provider. You should also find out how much the internet plan will cost once the program ends. Unless you charge or cancel your internet plan, you will be charged the full price once the EBB program ends.
How to deal with provider’s issues?
A few internet service providers have a bad reputation because sometimes they push high-priced plans with EBB, which becomes more expensive. Some customers reported that the provider denied their application despite being eligible for the EBB program.
FCC states that EBB is a voluntary program, providers have a chance to provide the benefit of other internet services. But, if any provider makes it harder for customers to receive this program, then customers need to cancel or switch the EBB program.
FCC said, when customers report, then they serve that complaint to the provider and they have 30 days to respond. The FCC is always making it easier to get the EBB benefit for low-income customers.
There is a specialized team who are handling EBB, call 1-855-846-8376 for more details.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Program)
How will I know if the ebb program has ended?
As such, the EBB program is temporary, and the Federal Government has no fixed end date. Before the EBB program ends, a notification will be sent to the registered email address or phone number. The provider will notify you before the program ends.
Can a provider disconnect a subscriber for non-payment when the subscriber is in the EBB program?
No, a provider cannot disconnect their service for non-payment associated with the EBB program. In that case, the provider can take action as per their regular terms and conditions.
Can I transfer my EBB to another provider?
Yes, you can transfer the EBB program from the existing provider to another one at any time. You do not have to worry because the process is pretty simple and easy. Remember, almost every provider follows the same rule.
Can households continue to receive broadband service after the cancellation of the EBB program?
After cancellation of the EBB, households will opt in or request to continue regular broadband service. If households do not opt-in to the new service plan then their broadband service will end once the EBB ends.
The EBB improved the lives of US citizens. But still, some people deny the EBB and they want to cancel this benefit program. Most commonly, people want to cancel the EBB program due to IPS (internet service provider’s issues. A few ISPs have a bad reputation for pushing overpriced plans with EBB, which often cause increased costs. FCC encourages you to share your bad experience on a dedicated website so that the FCC can start the action. There is nothing to worry about if you decide to cancel the EBB program. You simply need to let your provider know that you want to cancel.