Though we frequently overlook our wallets, sunglasses, and other things, the mobile phone is a thing that rarely gets out of our reach. Becoming able to ping a person’s cell phone might help you monitor the individual during a crisis. Pinging can also help you locate your cell phone when it is lost or stolen.
Because of the cell phone privacy legislation in place, the typical civilian doesn’t have the right to follow another person’s mobile phone’s specific location without the owner’s approval. Even if you are aware of the procedure of pinging a cell phone on your own, you’re likely breaking the law as you do this in case you don’t have sufficient cause and permission. On the flip side, police, emergency personnel, and other authorized individuals might be able to ping a cell phone legally, given the appropriate circumstances. Throughout this article, we will inform you how to ping a cell phone without going through much hassle.
How To Ping a Cell Phone If You Lost or Not Found Your Phone
Pinging a mobile phone means typically locating the phone by identifying the final signal’s mobile tower the telephone obtained. But the good news is, there are other ways to ping a phone. Let us get into the methods of doing so.
Method 1 – Ping a Cell Phone
The simplest and “modern” method to find a missing phone is through the software included with many smartphones — Find My Phone Apple’s iOS or Google’s Location History.
- Step 1: there are lots of programs that monitor the location of smartphones. It is possible to use Find My Friends on iOS, as an instance, or even “WhereAreYou” on some other smartphone.
- Step 2: The conventional strategy is to ask your mobile phone supplier to ping to the mobile tower and then triangulate the phone. This is accessible to authorities and law enforcement; however, usually not something ordinary citizens could do.
Method 2 (How to Track a Mobile Via GPRS)
Many new mobile phones, like the iPhone along with other mobiles, are equipped with an inner GPRS which lets you find places anywhere on the planet. This attribute may also be convenient in the event you want to keep tabs on your mobile phone. There are programs you can download that will make it possible for you to locate your mobile phone in case it becomes damaged or stolen.
- Step 1: Open the online browser on your phone and then browse to a website that delivers downloadable monitoring apps on your mobile.
- Step 2: Pick a program and click on the”Download” button to get the program to your mobile phone.
- Step 3: Open the program from the main menu display of your mobile phone.
- Step 4: Notice the username-password and site URL of this program.
- Step 5: Open the internet browser and browse to the program site if your phone is stolen or lost. Log on with your own username and password, along with the positioning of your telephone. Following these steps, you can see the location of your phone.
Method 3 ( Ping from Pc )
- Step 1: Press the”Menu” button on your Android device. surf through “More” and “Settings.”
- Step 2: Tap “About phone.”
- Step 3: Go to “Status.” The Android device’s Internet Protocol address is recorded.
- Step 4: Click on the Windows search menu on your pc. Type “cmd” in the search box and press “Enter” to start the Windows Command Prompt.
- Step 5: Type “ping” followed from your own Android device’s IP address.
Suggestion: if you cannot utilize the”ping” command from the Windows command line, then execute the command prompt application as an administrator. Right-click the “Cmd.exe” icon in the Start menu and click “Run as Administrator.”
How Can I Ping My Mobile Phone That Has Been Powered off?
The answer to this question is- you cannot. Once your device was switched off, it is technically impossible to track it because its signs ceased interacting with the nearby GPS towers. Consequently, it stops giving out its location. In such a scenario, the only area that may be traced is when they were last active.
There are some exceptions, though. In war zones, the signals of powered phones may likewise be traced with the aid of NASA’s technologies. Though the specifics of such operations aren’t understood, as shown by a report. NASA did help in tracing regions of people in the past. Apart from that, there aren’t any means of monitoring a powered-off mobile device.
How Can I Prevent My Location From Being Tracked?
After mentioning every detail about a device and tracing its own location, let us get down to the simple fact there continue to be a variety of individuals around who may not need to own either the location of their device tracked. The question they could have in their head is: how do I avoid being monitored? Well, the most straightforward answer is that you can do this in three different ways.
- Switch off Your GPS Location : Switch off your phone’s live location, and you’ve successfully vanished out of the live tracing program’s advantage.
- Switch On Your Airplane Mode : The next trick to prevent being monitored is turning on the Airplane mode. This will keep the device from providing out signals to the nearest GPS towers.
- Switch off Your Phone Totally : The next trick is to turn your phone off and take out its battery if possible. In this manner, no applications or monitoring device will have the ability to monitor its location.
- Switch off Location Services inside Phone Settings : Proceed to a phone’s location settings and turn them off, whether iOS or Android powered mobile.
Pinging a phone is a typical case nowadays. Some try to find their lost or stolen one; others try to find out where their loved ones are right now. Location tracking is used extensively by ordinary people, unlike when you needed the authority to do so. If you are up to casual tracking, then the methods we have shown will definitely help you out. But if your case is somewhat serious, we would suggest you reach out to your nearest authority to solve the problem for you.