Internet is the most necessary medium of communication which we depend on to finish daily online activities in today’s world. But the recent catastrophe has made a phenomenon where millions of people cannot afford reliable internet as they fight for their lobs, businesses, and other works they live on. These financially affected people have been stuck in their houses and find it difficult to stay connected as the rate of high-speed internet is quite unaffordable for them.
The Federal Government came up with huge funds and relief packages to alleviate their struggles. The Government formed the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program or EBB with a fund of around 3.2 billion dollars to provide low-income households with a monthly subsidy on their internet usage. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Started this temporary program and closed it in December 2021 after providing aid to millions of Americans. Then the FCC came with this new project named the Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP to replace the EBB.
Unlike the EBB, the Affordable Connectivity Program is going to provide benefits for a longer period as FCC introduced it as a permanent program. Now the households that are struggling due to job loss or low-income situations, can join the HughesNet Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) by meeting the eligibility criteria for the program. If you think you deserve government aid then prepare your eligibility documents and apply for this FCC program. After your successful application based on your eligibility, HughesNet is ready to provide you with high-speed internet at a monthly discounted price.
Sub Questions / Contents
- 1 What is HughesNet Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)?
- 2 HughesNet Network System
- 3 Eligibility Criteria For HughesNet Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- 4 Application Procedure for HughesNet Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- 5 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 6 Final Word
What is HughesNet Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)?
Hughes Network system is a famous brand for satellite communication. It has always been beside the users with the latest technology, quality services, and cordial commitments. It participated in the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) Emergency Broadband Benefit Program to aid users with support during their crisis period. Now it has also announced its participation in the Affordable Connectivity Program. This program is designed for eligible households who are struggling to pay their monthly internet cost during their financial crisis. With this program starting from March 2022, the eligible household will receive a discount of up to $30 per month toward HughesNet Satellite internet service and $75 per month as qualifying resident tribal lands.
There is also a one-time discount offer to buy connective devices. In this offer, an eligible household can apply for a $100 subsidy to buy a laptop, desktop, or tablet. But only a few service providers provide this subsidy. Most of the providers like HughesNet focus on the monthly internet discount. This program is not temporary like the EBB, rather FCC is going to keep it longer for the eligible households.
If you are eligible for the HughesNet Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) based on the FCC criteria, you will be subject to your HughesNet rates, a subscriber agreement before enrolling for the ACP benefit. This benefit is not transferable and each benefit can only be used by one household. Hughes is the pioneer satellite broadband network provider nationwide that listed its name at very first when the FCC announced the ACP benefit.
Hughes Network is glad to offer the Affordable Connectivity Program to help households to stay connected with their virtual activities. HughesNet is available with its strongest satellite network across the USA and Puerto Rico, though speeds and uninterrupted use of service may vary from state to state. With the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), HughesNet has commitments to ensuring affordable, reliable, and high-speed internet.
HughesNet Network System
Hughes Network Systems, LLC is the parent organization of the flagship internet service HughesNet. Hughes Network has been operating with many innovative technologies and services for around 50 years. Many of the internet network technologies now being used around the world were invented and manufactured by Hughes Network. It has been providing broadband equipment and its services, software-defined networking, end to end network operation to businesses and consumers around the world.
Hughes supplies half of the global satellite terminal market to the satellite operators. It also works with in-flight service providers, mobile network operators, and defense organizations. EchoStar is the parent organization of the whole Hughes network. Its headquarter is located in Germantown, Maryland. HughesNet has been recognized as the Best Satellite Internet Provider of 2021 by the US News and World Reports. It has around 1.5 million families with satellite broadband internet connectivity.
Eligibility Criteria For HughesNet Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
If any member of your household meets any of the criteria formed by the FCC, then HughesNet will consider your household eligible for the monthly benefits. Visit affordableconnectivity.gov/do-i-qualify/ to know whether you are eligible or not. To enroll in the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program, here are some of the certain eligibility criteria mentioning below.
- If the yearly income range of a household is below the FCC guidelines then that household can apply for ACP. For a single filer, the yearly income should be under $99,000 and for joint filers, the yearly income should be below $198,000. The income here is countable only for the year 2020.
- A household member who lost a job or got a termination letter or was furloughed since February 29 of 2020 will be considered for ACP.
- The household income should be less than or equal to 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. This income range is regarded as low-income and these types of households are eligible for the HughesNet ACP benefits.
- Any one of your households Lifeline Membership of the SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), Medicaid, SSI (Supplemental Security Income), Federal public housing assistance, and Veterans survivor Pensions Benefits Fund will be able to enroll as HughesNet ACP eligible.
- Student of your household who already qualifies for the free and reduced-price school lunch/breakfast program during the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year.
- Anyone who received a federal Pell Grant in the current years can apply as eligible for the ACP benefits.
Application Procedure for HughesNet Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The application or enrollment process of the HughesNet Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit is easy and simple. If you think you meet any of the eligibility criteria then don’t make late to apply for this temporary benefit program. New and existing HughesNet customers can visit hughesnet.com/acp to know about the proper application process of the HughesNet ACP benefit. The complete instructions for the HughesNet ACP are given below.
- Check Eligibility : First, you have to check whether your household is qualified or not. There are some ways to check to qualify the process for assistance from the ACP. Go to the website affordableconnectivity.gov/do-i-qualify to check you are eligible or not.
- Submit your application at the USAC : You can submit via online or email. The national verifier will determine whether you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. You will get a notification from the national verifier on your status.
- Contact Hughes : Once approved from USAC, call HughesNet customer care at 833-754-2010. They will confirm your eligibility and implement the discount offer to your account.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What happens when the Emergency Broadband Program Ends?
EBB program was temporary and FCC didn’t form it to serve longer. The average duration of the program was six months and FCC closed it in December 2021 to start the ACP in March 2022. HughesNet notified all its ACP customers before the expiration of EBB. So, now the new program formed as a replacement to the EBBP with a bit of technical difference but maximum similarities in policies.
How long will the Affordable Connectivity program last?
According to the FCC, this program will last for years and any expiration is not announced yet. Thus, people are thinking that the new program will last longer as a permanent program. FCC introduced the EBB as a temporary initiative from the beginning but didn’t mention any dateline about the ACP. Rather FCC is planning to make it a permanent program for low-income households.
How can HughesNet customers get the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit?
Existing HughesNet customers can apply for the ACP discount. After apply once approved, you will have to contact HughesNet customer care at 1-866-347-3292. A HughesNet agent will contact you to verify your eligibility. Moreover, they will provide the plan details so that you can sign up for the benefits program.
How much does HughesNet broadband service cost?
HughesNet is one of the broadband network providers that joined this initiative to aid eligible households with high-speed internet. HughesNet is already known for the satellite-based uninterruptible broadband network that it provides to more than one million Americans. Being an ACP eligible household, you can get a monthly discount on your broadband internet usage. The ultimate cost will depend on the service plan you select. Contact HughesNet customer care at 1-866-347-3292 to learn about plans and pricing in your area.
HughesNet has been providing its satellite internet to rural households across America. These household members have been staying connected to their jobs, health services, and other internet-based things for many years. Now the households who lost their income due to financial unrest can get both internet service and monthly discounts just being eligible for the ACP. HughesNet is glad to provide internet to remote areas during this financial crisis. It doesn’t matter whether you are a new user or a current customer, HughesNet welcomes every household to offer high-speed internet and its exciting features. So, it’s better to get a monthly $30 discount by enrolling in the HughesNet ACP benefit, especially during financial hardships.