The federal government formed the national Verifier to facilitate the potential Lifeline benefits holder as well as for the EBB program. It is also called The Lifeline National Eligibility Verifier. When you apply to get government aid services, the national verifier checks your information whether you qualify or not. The service providers can check your eligibility to get the benefits. The national verifier checks the identity of the applicant using the state, federal, and other databases. The Federal Communications Commission initiated the Emergency Broadband Benefit program for eligible households. In this program, you will get a 50 dollar monthly discount on the internet, up to 100 dollar purchase discount on tablets, and many more. People who passed the Lifeline verifier now can automatically be considered EBB eligible.
Here, the national verifier plays a key role. As both the applicant and participant service providers will know the statement of the application process. If anything is wrong with the application procedure, the verifier will let you know the possible error. So that you can resolve the faults by re-submitting the valid documents. Now you want to enroll in the EBB program and enjoy the benefits. Then you must submit your documents to the national verifier to check your eligibility.
Goals of National Verifier
The federal government centralizes the eligibility determinations for EBB with the support of the national verifier. FCC specified three goals for the national verifier to perform the eligibility verification properly. Those 3 goals are:
- To protect and to reduce fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Increase administrative efficiency to lower the cost of both the government and the EBB provider.
- To improve eligible consumers’ enrollment experience by providing them a better choice.
How National Verifier Works
There are three ways to apply using the national verification number for the EBB program. FCC initiated these three paths to go through the National Verifier.
- Online- Visit the consumer website and click the “Apply Now” button
- By Mail- They will send you an EBB form to your mail. Print it and fill it up. Send the copy along with the necessary documents to Emergency Broadband Support Center.
- Or you can contact the service provider. Hence, use the National verifier service provider portal.
“The consumer will enter each piece of information such as name, address, date of birth. They need to prove their identity. For EBB Program National Verifier you can email EBBHelp@usac.org or call for assistance at (833) 511-0311.”
Required Documents for National Verifier EBB Program
The National Verifier website will verify your identity based on the information you provided and process the application. The information you should provide during the application process are:
- Full Name
- Complete Address
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
If you are already Lifeline eligible then prepare those supporting documents. In this case, National Verifier may want you to show them. You will start the application procedure when you are ready with all these documents.
Application Process for EBB Through National Verifier
There are three simple steps to apply for EBB. The crucial one is to qualify through the National Verifier. Without crossing this one you will not be able to get the broadband internet benefits.
- Step 1: First create an account with the internet service provider. It’s important because once you create a profile you will get to know the services and features they offer. Ultimately the broadband companies will provide you the EBB.
- Step 2: In this step, you have to browse the National Verifier website. Create your account entering relevant information properly. You will need to submit the required documents that will prove your eligibility for approval. Remember, here you will have to provide proper and valid documents to qualify.
- Step 3: After submitting your documents you will have to wait to know if you are qualified. Once you qualify for the EBB now select your desired internet service provider. Contact the provider and ask them for your broadband plan with a 50 dollar discount. If you want tablets or smartphones with purchase discounts or free then look for the providers who have this program available. It’s not that every broadband service provider provides tablets or smartphones under the EBB program. Some participant providers offer free tablets or smartphones with 5G features to make you experience it. But you must be allowed by the National Verifier for this service.
Who Will Qualify The National Verifier for EBB Program?
The National Verifier is designed to nominate the households for EBB. In this regard, it uses some programs and people who use those programs as qualification criteria. The criteria the National Verifier approves are:
- Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Survivors, and related beneficiaries.
- Pension benefit fund, etc.
- The household income is below 135%.
- Federal Pell Grant receiver in the current years.
- The children participate in a free and reduced-price lunch program.
- Any substantial job loss since February 29, 2020, or got a furlough notice.
- Your yearly income is 99,000 dollars or less as a single filer. For double filers, the yearly income should be below 198,000 dollars.
FCC designed the national verifier to monitor fraud applications. Besides, it addresses the fraud risks and any kind of abuse. The Universal Service Administrative co. (USAC) got the responsibility from FCC to perform this deal as a third party. So it is trustworthy to receive the benefits through the National verifier process. This Covid-19 pandemic makes millions of Americans struggling through their livelihood. But the National Verifier is doing its job properly to assist those people with EBB. As an eligible person with low-income experience, it is your right to get a 50 dollar monthly discount on broadband internet and other facilities.