If you are looking for a device that is a perfect blend of a mobile device and a computer, look no further as a tablet is the ultimate solution for you. Unlike other devices, this one is light and comes with a larger screen interface. Also, it comes with incredible features that you can find in a computer such as huge storage, bigger RAM, better processing capacities, among others. As a result, a tablet can help you work online, learn online, get entertained, access emergency healthcare services and so much more. Although these devices come with these incredible capabilities, they also come at a cost.
When it comes to cost, not everyone can afford it upfront. Thankfully, there are carriers that allow you to get this device inexpensively. One of these carriers is NewPhone Wireless. As we speak, this carrier offers tablets at a discounted price, thanks to its Affordable Connectivity Program. As long as you are eligible for this program, be sure that you will be able to get this device at a budget-friendly price. In this article, we shall take a closer look at how you can get NewPhone Wireless free tablet, alongside any other related idea.
NewPhone Wireless Lifeline Program
Besides being a participant of the Affordable Connectivity Program, this carrier also participates in the Lifeline program. Remember that Lifeline is a government benefit program that aims at keeping low income individuals connected with their loved ones. Here, they are able to get a free smartphone and a number of discounted cell phone plans.
For instance, if you qualify for the NewPhone Lifeline program, you will be able to get a free government phone and 1000 minutes of talk, 3GB data, and unlimited texts. If you do not qualify through the low-income criteria, you can qualify if at all you are a participant of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI among others. As far as NewPhone Lifeline program is concerned, it is imperative to note that only those who reside in Louisiana.
When it comes to how you can apply for a Lifeline program from this carrier, it is important to note that one can readily do so online or via the nearest brick-and-mortar stores. If you choose the latter option, you can consider visiting housing complexes, assisted living centers, corner stores among others.
NewPhone Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program
Besides the Lifeline program, NewPhone Wireless is a participant of the Affordable Connectivity Program. Previously, this program was known as the Emergency Broadband Benefit program.
However, the latter ended on 31st December 2021. Currently, the Affordable Connectivity Program offers nearly the same benefits like those of the Emergency Broadband Benefit program. Basically, this program offers all eligible low-income earners or those who participate in government assistance programs the much-needed cell phone plan discounts and an affordable tablet.
As far as the cell phone discount is concerned, NewPhone Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program allows you to enjoy a discount of up to $30 per month if you reside on non-tribal lands.
However, if you live on Tribal lands, be sure that you will enjoy a higher discount of up to $75 on a monthly basis. With these discounts in place, you will be able to save more on your overall communication costs.
As far as tablets are concerned, this program allows you to get a tablet at a discounted price. Here, you will need to contribute more than $10. However, your contribution should not exceed $50 of the overall purchase price.
Does NewPhone Wireless Offer a Tablet?
Yes. This carrier now offers affordable tablets via its Affordable Connectivity Program. To put this into perspective, you will be required to part with at least $10 and not more than $50 towards the overall price of your preferred tablet.
If you meet these requirements, this carrier can offer a one-time discount of up to $100 towards your given tablet. Compared to other buying options, this one is a lifesaver for those people who earn a low income and would like to save more bucks in the long run.
Who Qualifies for a NewPhone Wireless Free Tablet?
From our discussion above, it is crystal clear that NewPhone Wireless offers affordable tablets via its Affordable Connectivity Program. Although this program can help you obtain a tablet at a relatively cheaper price, be sure that not everyone qualifies to get one. Here are the ACP eligibility criteria that can help you get a free or affordable tablet from this carrier.
1. You have a low income
Earlier on, we stated that you can qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program if at you have a low income. To put this into perspective, your income has to stand at or be below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines of your country. Depending on the country that you reside in, you can always go ahead and check this guideline and thereafter establish whether you qualify or not.
2. You participate in a government-assistance program
Besides having a low income, you can qualify for the ACP program if you are a participant of a government assistance program. Some of these programs include:
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children(WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(Tribal TANF)
- Head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- You received benefits under the free and reduced-price school breakfast program or school lunch program, including via the USDA Community Eligibility Provision during 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 academic year.
- You are a beneficiary of a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
Besides the above-mentioned qualifications, you have to be a resident in any of the following states; Delaware, Arkansas, Alabama, District of Columbia, Montana, Minnesota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, North Dakota, Vermont, Oklahoma, Washington, Hawaii, Illinois, Idaho, Maryland, Maine, Connecticut, Louisiana, Texas, New Hampshire, and Tennessee.
Documents Required For Apply To NewPhone Wireless Free Tablet
When applying for a free tablet from NewPhone Wireless, there is a myriad of documents that you will be required to submit. By submitting these documents, you will be able to verify your identity as well as eligibility status and thus maximize the chances of getting this tablet on the go. Here is a breakdown of the documents that you need to submit during the application process:
1. Personal documents
During the application process, you will be required to submit an official document that shows your first and last name, date of birth, proof of address, and so forth. Some of the documents that can help you prove this include:
- Your birth certificate
- Government-issued, state, Tribal or military ID
- Your passport
- Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization
- U.S driver’s license
- Permanent Resident Card or Green card
2. Eligibility documents
Apart from the personal documents listed above, you will be required to submit an official document showing that you either have a low income or are a participant in a government assistance program. If you want to prove your low-income levels, here are documents that can help you get started:
- Child support award
- Your pension statement of benefits
- Your Social Security statement of benefits
- Your current income statement from your employer
- Unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce’s decree
- Your prior year’s federal, Tribal, or state tax return
- Veteran Administration statement of benefits.
In case you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program, you need to prove the same by providing a document that has your official legal name, the name of the government, and the name of the qualifying program,
Other details that your eligibility document should have include; program administrator, Tribal entity, an issue date within the last 1 year or 12 months, the school, college or university that issued the document, among other finer details. Thankfully, here are official documents that can help you prove your participation in any of the assistance programs offered by the Federal government:
- Benefit award letter
- Statement of benefits
- School documentation
- Benefit verification letter
- Approval letter
It is imperative to note that one needs to be 18 years and above for him or her to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program from this carrier. In case you are emancipated, be sure that you can be a participant in this program.
However, you will be required to submit an official document that has both your date of birth and legal name. Also, you will be required to submit a document that shows that you are genuinely emancipated and you are a minor. Some documents that can help you prove this include certificate of emancipation or a court document.
How Do I Sign Up for Getting a NewPhone Wireless Free Tablet?
The process of applying for a NewPhone Wireless free tablet is generally easy and straightforward. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- To start with, ensure that you qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program. As far as eligibility for this program is concerned, you should ensure that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or be a participant of a government assistance program such as SNAP, SSI or Medicaid. Besides this, you must be a resident of one of the countries where this program is offered in the US.
- Once you are certain about your eligibility status, time is ripe for you gather all the documents that can help you prove that status. Besides obtaining the eligibility documents, ensure that you have a document that can show your full legal name such as your government-issued ID, passport, or birth certificate.
- With both personal and eligibility documents at hand, you can now visit apply.newphone.com. Once you visit that site, key in your ZIP code and your email address in the fields that you will see on your screen. Click ‘Apply Now’ button and you will get started.
- Upon clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button, you will be able to redirect to a different page where you will see the online application form of this company. Key in all the necessary details and accompany the application form with your eligibility documents. Since these eligibility documents are in soft copies, you just need to upload them alongside the application form. Thereafter, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After submitting your application form, the NewPhone Wireless team will review it and notify you within a couple of days. In case you meet all the eligibility requirements, be sure that you will receive the affordable tablet within 7 to 10 business. Remember that you will not be charged for any shipping expenses incurred.
How Long it Will Take to Approval for NewPhone Wireless free tablet?
Typically, it might take 20 to 30 minutes for your application to be approved by NewPhone Wireless team. However, this is not always the case as some applications take up to 3 to 4 days for them to be approved. Others can even take longer. The reason why approval timelines differ is that all the proof documents sent have to be reconfirmed by this carrier.
How Do I Check Application Status NewPhone Wireless?
To check whether your application form has been approved or not, consider logging in to your account online and you will be good to go. Here, you will keep track of the status of your application every now and then. Here, you can visit newphone.com/check-status and then key in your ZIP code and email address. Thereafter, click on the ‘Check status’ button and you will get updated.
How Do I Activate A NewPhone Wireless Tablet?
Once you receive your tablet from this carrier, you need to activate it so that you can start enjoying its benefits, under the Affordable Connectivity Program. To start with, you should dial 611 on your tablet in order to make an activation phone call.
Thereafter, choose option ‘3’. Once you do this, you will receive a confirmation message that your newly acquired tablet is now activated. After receiving this message, you can now start using your tablet.
From making calls to texting your friends, there are many activities that you can undertake with it in order to establish that it has been fully activated. Remember that if you try to reactivate it afterward, you will see a message on your screen showing that your device is already activated and thus does not need to be activated again.
Other Benefits That NewPhone Wireless Offer
NewPhone Wireless provides a free Alcatel Joy tablet, and eligible NewPhone customers also receive great discounts and benefits on the following:
A free 4G/5G LTE smartphone such as the iPhone 6s, Samsung Galaxy S7, and others. You can choose a smartphone from available NewPhone Wireless at newphone.com/free-phone.
- Free unlimited talk
- Free unlimited text
- Free unlimited data
Other benefits include nationwide coverage, nationwide calls, voicemail, free 911, caller ID, call waiting, text, 3-way calling and picture messaging, Wi-Fi connection, etc.
What Network does NewPhone Wireless Use?
This carrier relies on its underlying carrier’s 3G and 4G LTE networks. With these kinds of networks in place, you will be able to get connected to this carrier’s broadband internet and thus be able to work online, learn online, communicate with your loved ones online and so much more.
How Do I Contact NewPhone Wireless Customer Service?
If you have an issue that you would like to be addressed by this carrier, consider contacting the customer support team by dialing 1-855-204-3667 on your phone. Once you reach out to an agent of this carrier, narrate your story in detail so that you can get help. You can also mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org. For optimal results, consider reaching out to the customer support team from Monday to Friday from 8.00 AM to 8.00 PM CST. If you have to reach them on Saturday, you are at liberty to do so from 10.00 AM to 7.00 PM CST. Finally, you can visit https://newphone.com/support and then fill in a contact form. In case you want to make inquiries about your order, ensure that you key in your full name, email address, phone number, enrollment ID, among other details that you will see on your screen. Once you are done, click on the ‘Submit’ button and you will have managed to address your issue.