Internet is the most optimum medium for all types of virtual communication. But, millions of Americans cannot afford high-speed internet, especially during this Covid-19 pandemic crisis. Many Americans have lost their jobs, businesses had to be shut down, and the income sources turned off. But the demand for broadband internet surprisingly increased for online classes, online jobs, online health care services, online shopping, and other virtual communications. But many US citizens found it difficult to manage their mandatory internet usage to deal with the financial crisis. Being concerned about this crisis, the Federal Government has taken several steps to alleviate the struggle. Among many of the steps, Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBBP) and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) should be mentioned, especially for those who are struggling with the internet bill during this pandemic.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) first initiated the EBB to facilitate eligible low-income people with high-speed internet. The purpose was to contribute by providing discounts on their monthly internet services and gadgets like smartphones, desktops, and laptops. But the EBB program ended in December 2021 and a new program named the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is going to replace it soon. Good to share with you all that the ACP is going to be a permanent benefit for low-income households. If any individual or family can meet one of the specific criteria then they can apply for this ACP benefit. PCs for People is one of the many Business and Government organizations that joined with FCC to provide facilities for low-income people. Here you will get more information about how to get PCs for People EBB Program.
About PCs for People Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The FCC is heading the ACP like the EBB Program supporting the participant providers with incentives to provide discounted high-speed internet. Participant Providers will provide these monthly discounts to eligible households to cover their monthly broadband bills. Unlike the EBB, ACP is permanent. But it is non-transferable, and one household is allowed for one discount.
PCs for People have been approved for participating in Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) with the existing eligibility verification process. The FCC has set rules that how much amount of money they will give people as a discount to purchase desktops with internet services. The discounts are:
- $30 discount on hotspot/modem subscription for new subscribers (total cost will be from $75-95 $25-45
- In the case of the renewal of one-month internet service, there will be a full discount. Meaning you have to pay $0 when the benefit is applied.
- A $100 discount on a desktop computer package or laptop, if anyone purchases a new or renewed internet subscription, as supply allows.
Pcs provides those computers with licensed copies of Windows 10. They have more economical machines such as Linux or LibreOffice. Those desktops come with full packages including mouse, keyboard, power cords, monitor cords without any additional fees. Additional fees will require for monitors, accessories, hardware upgrades, and some additional software like licensed Microsoft Office. Additionally, PCs for People offers high speed 4G LTE internet only at $15 per month. There are no hidden fees or credit checks.
About PCs for People
PCs for People provides free pick up and recycling electronic waste from any organization either businesses or Governments. PCs for People has a recycling business in Minnesota and Colorado having both NAID AAA and R2 certifications. That means it ensures protection through strict adherence to the highest standard of information destruction, hard drive sanitization, or other environmental responsibilities. PCs for People accepts all electronic waste such as computers, peripherals, monitors, cables, drives, and more. They provide facilities for all low-income individuals to benefit from the highly effective impact of computers and mobile internet. Since 1998, they have distributed over 150,000 computers to thousands of individuals and nonprofits. They also offer quality refurbished desktops, laptops, internet, and other accessories.
PCs for People products:
- Microsoft Registered Refurbished
- Customized products
- Free Standard Shipping
- Dedicated to nonprofits or schools
- 30 days PC return policy
- 1-year PC hardware Policy
What Are The Available Computer Discounts?
PCs for People offers desktop and laptop packages that are compatible with remote works. All desktops are from renowned brands like HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc. The best-tier packages like Windows 10, MS Office, etc. are included. Even desktop comes with full packages including monitors, mouse’s, keyboards, wireless adaptors, and audio/video accessories. With every Laptop, they offer an AC adaptor. The price range will be from $11 to $49.99 after adding the discount benefit. You can visit acp.pcsrefurbished.com/sales/salesHome.aspx to see available computers.
Eligibility To Get PCs for People for Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
FCC wants you to apply directly for the federal government’s ACP benefits. PCs for People requires the existing eligibility verification. Anyone who meets the required criteria can apply to receive the benefits.
You must require photo identification and income documents for program qualification. There are two categories for income documentation.
- Proof of current enrollment in an income-based government assistance program
- Documentation from a government source of current income under 200% of the federal poverty level (relative to household size).
For Photo Identification:
- Driver’s license or state id card for non-drivers.
- Formal ID card (such as veteran or student)
- Company or work-issued identification.
Income-Based Assistance Program
- Adult & Child Mental Health Case Management*
- Employment Services (only if income-based in your state)
- Extended Foster Care
- Food support (a dated letter, showing current eligibility is required)
- Financial Assistance, such as GA, TANF, etc. (a dated letter showing current eligibility is required)
- Head Start
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Medicaid or Medical Assistance (bring a document that says “MA” or “Medical assistance” on it)
- The National School Lunch Program’s Free or Reduced Lunch Program.
- Section 8, Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Group Residential Housing (GRH)
- Social Security Disability
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Pell Grant.
Qualified Income documentation
- The household income should be less than or equal to 200% of the Federal Poverty
- Guidelines that will be accepted for application. Annual benefits must meet the following guidelines:
- Prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- An Unemployment statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General assistance (SNAP, Medicaid,
- A social security statement of benefits
- A retirement or pension statement of benefits
How to apply for PCs for People Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)?
Here are some simple steps for applying for PCs for People Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefits:
- Get verification : Visit “acp.pcsrefurbished.com/acp” to enter your information for validation. The federal database check if you are receiving another provider’s benefits or not.
- Create an account : Once you have completed, you may continue with creating an account to place your order.
- Place order : To place an order, you have to send eligibility documents.
There are three ways that you can send documentation for eligibility. Those are:
- Upload those documents online while applying or placing an order
- You may email at email@example.com
- You may Fax them at 651-666-1045
PCs for People will not accept:
- Anything handwritten
- Tax return (applicant claimed as a dependent)
- W-2 forms or Pay Stubs
- Bank Statements with deposit records
- Notices for applying again
Note: any proof of documentation is subject to apply by PCs for People. Additional documents are required to prove income or enrollment for the Government Assistance program. PCs for People offers fixed wireless internet service within limited coverage. Please see at “pcsforpeople.org/wisp” for low-cost fixed wireless services.
How Will You Activate PCs for People Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefits?
- Go to the PCs for People ACP portal at acp.pcsrefurbished.com/sales/salesHome.aspx
- There are some terms and conditions, review and accept them
- Log into exiting PCs for People account or create a new account
- Verify your account through the National Lifeline Accountability Database (NLAD)
- Receive a confirmation message
- Shop from ACP products (available computer packages, hotspot/modem, internet)
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
When does the EBB program end?
According to the FCC, the EBB program is temporary and ended in December 2021. It was funded initially with $3.2 billion. And the FCC already announced the termination of the program which is going to be closed in February 2022. The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is going to start from March 2022 to replace the EBB benefits.
Can anyone apply for PCs for People ACP benefits who already enrolled another internet service provider?
Fortunately, customers who already got EBB discounts with another internet service provider, cannot apply for PCs for People’s ACP benefit but as a new customer. PCs For People provides their ACP services to customers who subscribed to internet service only. They will update their customers if any changes happen.
Can anyone get ACP benefit with prepaid for multiple months?
PCs for People don’t provide the ACP to any customer who purchased previously and purchased multimonth packages. When a customer has to renew their service, the customer can start renewing the benefits program.
What happens when the Emergency Broadband Program Ends?
EBB program is temporary and the Federal Government doesn’t have the intention to expand this program. PCs for People stopped providing the benefits to the EBB customers immediately after the expiration of the program. But Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is going to replace the EBB from March 2022 and will be continuing the offer to the eligible households.
PCs for People is a blessing for those Americans who have been struggling to arrange the bills for the internet and who cannot afford a desktop or laptop computer. As this pandemic forces almost everyone to work from home, these features from PCs for People are like a complete benefits package for low-income households. So, if you are struggling to cope with the pandemic or it’s after effect in terms of your income then you should apply for the PCs for People ACP to fulfill the virtual and digital needs spending less amount.