With every leap in technology comes a lot of exuberance and massive migration. People want to have a taste of the new features and thus may overlook the previous products. This is the case with basic phones also phones without internet capability. Since the introduction of smartphones, most people transitioned to smart life. Even most retailers stopped stocking the basic models.
Therefore, getting a without internet capability phone today can be very hard. That however doesn’t make it impossible. There are several phones without internet whose experience can make you forget your smartphone.
In this article, I’m going to bring you all the necessary information you need about phones without internet capability. Additionally, I’ll also provide a review of top models consider the best in the market. These phones are mostly used by seniors or children. Also, they are good backups in the event your smart phone runs out of charge. Despite the fact that their technology may be fading away, these gadgets are still relevant.
Are Cell Phone Without Internet Capability Worth It?
Wondering what phones without internet are still doing in the market? Ask no more. These phones have the capability to do more than you may think. Besides, they can get the job done in hard situations where even your fancy smartphone can’t save you. Below are some top reasons why basic mobile phones are still relevant today;
- Saves on cost: Buying a phone without internet excludes you from expensive data costs. Instead of purchasing plans with data bundles, you can go for those with only minutes and texts. Apparently, these are cheaper; thus, you can save what you otherwise would have spent.
- Best for specific users: The first categories of users who can greatly benefit from these phones are children. The dark age of calling other people like neighbors to inquire about your kids is gone. You can buy them a simple basic phone for only texting or calling. This has two major advantages. One, the phone is simple to operate. Secondly, you don’t expose your kids to toxic internet content. So, if you were to buy a home phone, don’t go for those expensive smartphones. The other users who can enjoy these phones are seniors. These are people who can’t operate these modern complicated smartphones. If you want to keep in touch with your parents or grannies, basic phones are the way to go. If you choose well, you can get such an easy-to-use senior phone. Rarely will you find a senior who needs internet? Only a few like veterans or who still have things to manage.
- Long battery life: These phones are only for calling or texting. Such limited functionalities mean that they are not overly used. What that means is that they can stay for hours with a charge. Also, most of them have potent batteries that will go for days, even with constant use. Therefore, if you live off-grid, these are the best phones for you.
- Cheap: In general, phones without internet are not expensive. Even their repair is an easy and cheap process. If you are working under a budget, you can get a mobile phone at a low price.
- Durable: If you want a mobile device that will serve you for years, basic phones are the real deal. Unlike smartphones, they are made of strong and durable materials. So, they can withstand strong impacts without major effects on their functionality. Such occurrences can completely destroy a smartphone. If lucky, you will spend a couple of dollars on repairs.
Top 10 Best Cell Phones Without Internet Capability
1. Samsung Rugby 4 B780A Unlocked GSM Tough Rugged Durable Flip Phone
Although this phone lacks internet capability, this phone is worth your money. First off, it has a large memory storage capacity of 32GB that facilitates storing all your valuable information. Further, it has a large screen display size that measures approximately 2.4 inches. This makes it very suitable for seniors, as they can clearly see whatever is on the screen. If you like visiting or live around a remote environment, this device is also for you. This is so as the phone is crafted to be tough hence being rugged and strong enough to withstand tough environmental conditions.
The latter uses AT&T network and comes with a 60 days warranty, so just in case any malfunction arises within those days you are assured of a refund. An inbuilt compass plus GPS ensures that you get limitless adventures with this device. Besides that, a 3mp camera is fixed at the back to ensure that you get to take quality photos whenever you want.
- It features a rugged design hence withstanding tough environmental conditions.
- It has a reasonable display size.
- Has a convenient size hence easy to carry around.
- It has quite a reasonable memory storage capacity.
- It has quite a weak rear camera.
- It is only available in a single color (black).
2. Blu Tank II T193 Unlocked Dual SIM Cell Phone – Phones Without Internet
This is yet another amazing phone that lacks internet compatibility but comes with several alluring features. The latter comes with a large backlit keypad as well as 2.4-inch display size. This makes it very suitable for seniors and users with vision defects.
When it comes to its memory storage capacity, it has s micro SD slot while the capacity is expandable up to 32 GB. On top of that, this device allows for up to 12hrs talk time thanks to its large 1900mAh battery capacity with 408 hours of standby. Lastly, it is equipped with a rear camera that boasts 640 × 480 pixels.
- It has a reasonable battery capacity.
- Has a micro SD slot for memory expandability.
- It’s very easy to use.
- It lacks a tough exterior military construction.
3. Samsun Convoy 3 SCH-U680 Rugged 3G Cell Phone – Phones Without Internet
If you are pursuing a simple and durable cell phone without internet connectivity, then the latter will definitely make quite a lovely phone for you. This device features a rugged military spec design, which allows it to withstand harsh environmental conditions relentlessly. Even if it drops accidentally, it will hardly break. Therefore, this helps you to save on phone repair and damage costs.
With this device, you will readily make calls as it features a standby push to talk feature. Furthermore, the calls will be very convenient as it comes with a dual microphone backed up by a noise cancellation technology. This ensures that you are loud and clear whenever you are on a call. To spice things even further, it comes with hands-free convenience, which allows you to use the phone using voice command. The device runs on an Android operating system and is equipped with 256GB of RAM. Also, it has a standing screen display that measures approximately 1.3 inches.
- It can withstand very tough environmental conditions thanks to its military design.
- It comes with a push to talk feature.
- Allows hands free operation.
- It has a small display size.
- It is only available in a single color.
4. NOKIA 3310 DUAL SIM DARK BLUE, A00028115 – Phones Without Internet
If you are well acquainted with cell phones’ history, then it is definitely obvious that you will not lack a cell phone from Nokia when looking for internet free phones. This is so since Nokia started making phones even before the internet was introduced to the world of cell phones. The above phone boasts an elegant exterior outlook that totally compliments its design. Moreover, it is available in four distinct colors: warm red, dark blue, yellow, and Grey. If you love watching videos via your phone, this device has got you covered with its curved polarized 2.4-inch display.
Pictures lovers are also favored since the latter boast of 2.0 cameras backed up with a flash for clearer pictures. Further, it boasts a 16 GB internal memory capacity. However, it has a micro SD slot, which allows for memory expandability up to 32GB. Plus, it allows for dual sim capability as it receives support from GSM 900/1800 MHz bands. With this device, you stand an opportunity of enjoying up to 22 hrs of talk time. This is achieved through its robust inbuilt 1200 mAh battery.
- It is available in variety of colors.
- It has a micro SD slot for memory expandability.
- Has a reasonable display size.
- It doesn’t have a tough military exterior construction.
5. BRAND ZTE AT&T Prepaid (US Warranty) – Phones Without Internet
This is another amazing phone with no internet capability that features a large qwerty keyboard backed up with large 2.4-inch display size. In addition to that, its screen boasts of a screen resolution power of 1600 × 1200 pixels for clear fonts and images. A 2mp megapixel camera is also inscribed on the back. Additionally, it has a 14GB internal memory storage capacity and micro SD slot for memory expandability. Additional features like Bluetooth and GPS are also inscribed on the phone.
- It has micro SD slot.
- Has an innovative design.
- Has a good display size.
- It has a very weak battery.
- Exhibits a small internal memory capacity.
6. Kyocera Dura LTE E4610 Verizon Wireless Rugged Waterproof Flip Phone
This also stands out to be among the best internet free phones that are cheap to buy and maintain. First of all, this phone features a very durable exterior design. This design allows the phone to withstand harsh environmental conditions. As a matter of fact, it makes the device waterproof whilst still protecting it against both shock and solar damage. Hence, this helps users to save on both damage and maintenance costs.
The device supports wireless communication technology, and it is HD voice compatible. Apart from that, it features a 16GB internal memory capacity as well as 2GB RAM. When it comes to the battery size, the device boasts of a 1530mAh Li-Ion battery. Thus, it allows users to enjoy up to 8 hours of talk time and up to 440 hours of standby time. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy quality pictures as it boasts of a clear 5mp rear camera.
- It has a reasonable battery size.
- It allow for HD voice compatibility.
- Has a very durable exterior construction.
- It has a strong 5mp camera.
- It lacks a push to talk feature.
7. LG Xpression C410 Qwerty Keyboard Slider Cellphone GSM Unlocked
This phone with no internet capability will absolutely leave you dazzled as it comes with a very alluring design. The design includes a large push to slide display that measures precisely 3 inches and a qwerty keyboard. However, you have to slide the phone’s screen so as to access the keyboard as it’s normally located under the screen.
Moreover, it is equipped with a 2mp rear camera as well as other additional features like Bluetooth and a multi-format music player. Nevertheless, it has a 256MB internal storage capacity backed up by an external micro SD slot for the memory expandability of 32GB. The phone uses a standard size sim card, and it’s readily compatible with various GSM carriers. However, since this is an unlocked device, it doesn’t work with CDMA carriers.
Even though the phone is quite large, it only weighs 4.59 ounces hence quite easy to carry around.
- It has a very innovative design
- It has micro SD slot for memory expandability.
- It has a very weak battery size.
- It has a weak camera.
8. Snapfon EzTWO Senior Unlocked GSM Cell Phone – Phones Without Internet
Talk of a simple to use internet free cell phone and the latter will satisfy every font of that. As a matter of fact, this handset can make a very nice gift if at all you want to gift to any senior user. To begin with, it has very big buttons with a speaking keypad for easier usage.
The phone also has enhanced sound for more clarity during calls. Besides that, it is a hearing aid compatible hence being very appropriate for people with hearing complications. In addition to that, it has an SOS emergency alert button. That button allows you to call for help in a matter of seconds whenever you have an emergency.
In addition, it has a 120db siren which is very appropriate in case of an emergency as it will help you alert those around you. However, if you are a picture lover, this isn’t the phone for you. This is so since it has a very weak rear camera of only 0.3 mp. It boasts 4 alarm modes as well as Bluetooth 3.0, which allows wireless connection. Finally, its battery allows for up to five hours of talk time and up to 120 hours of standby time.
- It is a very easy to use device.
- Comes with an emergency button.
- It has enhanced sound.
- It has a weak battery.
- Exhibits a weak rear camera.
9. GreatCall – Phones Without Internet
The above phone with no internet capability is also designed to be very simple to use the phone. It comes with a large backlit keypad, which makes dialing very effortless. The screen size is also huge hence making it easy for one to read its contents. Plus, it exhibits a reading magnifier that helps to magnify illegible writings on the screen for easier reading. Besides that, the device exhibits another special feature that is quite rare in the other phones mentioned above. And that is the Amazon Alexa feature inscribed on it. With this, it means you can text and make calls super easily through the Alexa voice control.
Additionally, this device allows nationwide coverage since it is supported by the country’s largest and most dependable wireless network. A caregiver app is also installed on the device to allow users to stay updated on their health affairs. There is an urgent response button on its keypad that allows one to call for help in case of an emergency.
- It as an emergency button.
- Exhibits a very large display size.
- It is very easy to use.
- It comes installed with Amazon Alexa.
- It is only available in a single color, (red).
- It can’t withstand tough environmental conditions.
10. Jitterbug Flip Phone – Phones Without Internet
If you are tired of high internet costs, then this is among the best alternative. Available with no internet capability, the phone features very amiable features. It is specially designed for seniors as it features a standby emergency button on its keypad to call for help in case of an emergency.
Typing and reading things on display is quite easy as it comes with a large 3.2 inch TFT screen as well as a large backlit keypad with large buttons. Carrying the phone around is also a non-issue as the device weighs only 4.7 ounces. Also, it boasts of a 2mp rear camera allowing you to enjoy quality photos all the time. It has an excellent battery life that allows for up to 8 hours of talk time. On top of that, this device is compatible with hearing aids for more clarity during calls. Other additional features like Bluetooth 3.0 are also inscribed on the latter.
- It features an emergency button.
- It is compatible with hearing aids.
- Has a large display size.
- It is very easy to use it.
- It has a very weak camera.
Key Features to Look Before Buying Phones Without Internet Capability
- Durability: Look at the external body structure of the phone and the materials used. Even although most of these devices have considerably high durability, it’s worth checking. A sturdy rugged body is always the best. It is hard to slide, and even if it falls, it should withstand impacts. If you happen to buy a phone with an LCD touch screen, you need to be careful. Ensure that the screen has protective mechanisms. Otherwise, it will become vulnerable to cracking.
- Battery life: Phones without internet are known for their strong power preservation. Although, that doesn’t mean they all have similar ratings. There are some that stay with power for hours. Others hold power for days or even weeks. Before purchasing a phone, check out the reviews and the ratings by the manufacturer. Then, make your decision based on your needs.
- User interface: The UI determines the simplicity of the phone. You need to consider the user versus the interface. How easy will it be for the user to interact with the phone? So, that calls for understanding the person you are buying the phone for. If, for example, a senior, consider big sized screen and buttons. As people age, their sight tends to fail. So, it may be hard for seniors to read small buttons.
- Storage space: Does the owner of the phone need to store their personal data on the phone? If yes, how much? You may need to look for a phone with expandable storage space via SD card. This is most important in the event the phone has a camera. You need more space to store photos and videos.
- Weight: How heavy is the phone. Some of these phones are too heavy, which can be a downside if you travel a lot with the phone. You don’t want a phone that will be so hard to walk around with. So, consider the weight versus the use before making your decision.
- Extra features: Some models have incorporated various features into these devices. You can pick the phone with the best extra features to maximize your cash. A good example of such features includes an MP3 player, a radio, a torch, and a camera.
How to Track a Phone without Internet
Without an internet connection, establishing a specific device location can be hard. Although using the GPS in your phone, you can easily establish the longitudinal and latitudinal location. The problem is that this gives only approximate positions.
There are also third-party applications that you can use to track a phone not connected to the internet.
How Do I Get A Phone Without Internet Capability
Hard is not an impossibility. So, even though it might be hard to get a phone without the internet, there are various ways to crack it. Below are some awesome methods you can use to get these phones;
Check the older models
The incorporation of internet capability is a recent addition to mobile phones. There are very high chances that if you go for an old phone, it doesn’t have internet capability. Now the challenge is getting a physical store with these phones. So, the best bet is scouring the internet and search for online shops with such models.
Get phones with internet blocking capability
Sometimes you may not get the type of phone you want without internet capability. If you get a phone with internet modules that you don’t need, you can choose one with internet blocking settings. So, immediately you purchase it, instruct the provider to deactivate the internet. Therefore, the phone won’t be able to access the internet.
Alternatively, you can opt-out of data subscriptions. That means your phone will never access the internet.
Apply for free government phones
Through the Lifeline program, the government gives free mobile phones to low-income citizens. Initially, all the phones were simple cellphones, but things have changed. Most of the available phones are smart. However, you can still get a phone without internet if you specify. When filling your application, state you want a simple phone without internet connectivity.
Buy cheap phones
Cheap phones are simple with limited features. Only expensive mobile phones with complicated technology can access the internet. Instead of looking for high-end devices, go for the cheapest models. Chances are high that you will only be able to call and text.
Buy from retailers
Instead of looking for phones from carriers, check various retails. After manufacturing, most carriers give retailers their products to sell. Thus, you can visit retailers explaining what you want. Who knows, you may have a variety to choose from.
How Do I Restrict My Child’s Internet Access?
There are two main ways you can restrict your child’s access to internet content. The first one is by buying a simple phone without internet. This way, they will only be able to use the phone for calling or texting.
Another way is disabling the internet on their phone. Therefore, even if the phone is capable of accessing the internet, it won’t be possible.
How to Disable Internet Access from Smartphone
In some instance, you may have to buy a phone with internet functionality but disable it. There are two ways you can achieve this;
The first one is by switching off the Wi-Fi. This is a straight forward process. However, you should note that the steps are different from one model to another. The best thing to do is to ask the manufacturer on guidance about the same.
Another technique you can use to disable the internet on a smart phone is turning cellular data off. Even though these are temporal methods, once evoked, your phone cannot access the internet.
Whether you want a phone for seniors, your children, or you want a phone to save you a few bucks, basic phones are awesome. With only a few dollars, you get a phone that you can use to text and call for hours or even days. Despite the fact that most people that these are outdated, phones without internet remain relevant.