If you chose the right smartwatch, then you don’t have to smartphone with you. Yes! You read it right. A smartwatch can make your lifestyle easy and stress-free. A standalone smartwatch can connect with a sim card without a phone to make and receive calls. It also works as wonders as it sounds. In our busy lives, it became tough to remember and carry the phone and smartwatch. So, next time if you leave your smartphone at home, then you don’t have to worry. You can make a call from your wrist, and no need to bring your phone out of your pocket. Also, you can receive messages and notifications.
Smartwatches are known for their vocal support and workout tracker. In this modern civilized world, everyone wants to stay connected with the social platform. This wearable device will help you to receive all social platform notifications from your wrist. Some of the smartwatches will only allow you to see the notifications. But there are some smartwatch will permit you to interact with the social media application too. Not only that, but this device also allows you to watch YouTube videos and play music. In this article, I’ll tried to give you a complete knowledge of smartwatches that makes a call without the phone.
Sub Questions / Contents
- 1 How Does Smartwatch Make Calls Without Phone?
- 2 8 Best Smartwatch That Makes Calls Without A Phone
- 2.1 1. TicWatch Pro 4G LTE Cellular Smartwatch That Make Calls
- 2.2 2. Apple Watch Series 3 Smartwatch That Makes Calls without Phone
- 2.3 3. New Apple SE Smartwatch Make Calls
- 2.4 4. Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch That Make Calls
- 2.5 5. Samsung Galaxy Active 2 Smartwatch Make Calls without Phone
- 2.6 6. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Make Calls without Phone
- 2.7 7. Apple Watch Series 5
- 2.8 8. New Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular, 40mm)
- 3 Pros & Cons Smartwatch That Make Calls Without A Phone!
- 4 Key Considerations Before Buying Smartwatch That Make Calls without A Phone
- 5 What Kind Of Sim Card Does A Smartwatch Take?
- 6 What is a Standalone Watch?
- 7 Does Samsung Galaxy Watch Work Without A Phone?
- 8 Closing Thoughts
How Does Smartwatch Make Calls Without Phone?
Smartwatches are alluring to have because of their suitability and elegance. In this modern era, there is a full chance that a smartwatch can replace a high-performing smartphone. Nowadays smartwatch is available with cellular abilities to use sim cards to make and receive calls and messages without a phone straight from the watch itself. Long back smartwatches are considered just as an accessory. But now the time has changed, and you can use smartwatches as an alternative to your smartphone. There are some smartwatches built with cellular radios. A smartwatch can do every activity like your smartphone. Users can enjoy the cellular network of a smartwatch with the SIM card. You can make call SMS and receive app notifications straight from your wrist with the help of your smartwatch.
It is a blessing to use a virtual SIM (eSIM) to connect to the network instead of a physical SIM card usage. If you are worried about getting a sim card for a smartwatch, you should stop it because numerous cellular companies trigger the LTE/4G feature on your smartwatch over a phone call or online. But some founders installed it within the watch as an optional feature. Therefore if you are looking for a smartwatch that can make calls without a phone, you should buy a smartwatch with LTE/4G. Otherwise, you can’t make calls or receive any incoming calls through your wrist.
8 Best Smartwatch That Makes Calls Without A Phone
In this hectic world, it’s tough to travel with numerous devices. So it will be a fortune for peoples if they can have the opportunity to receive and make the call from the wrist device. Smartwatch that makes calls without a phone is designed to make your life easy and convenient. Most of the smartwatches are come with attractive features and looks. The following list will help you to gain a piece of proper knowledge about smartwatches and chose your best one to buy.
1. TicWatch Pro 4G LTE Cellular Smartwatch That Make Calls
TicWatch Pro 4G LTE Cellular Smartwatch is an ideal device to boost your fitness, health, and productivity. Its long battery life and power cellular will help you to enhance your daily life. The belt of this smartwatch is made with premium materials. This smartwatch is a perfect option for all occasions and incidents. This smartwatch comes with temperature shock, pressure shock, and solar radiation features.
Its Built-in speaker feature will help you remove unwanted water from the watch, and its display is designed with layered display technology layers. Its dual-screen and dual modes help the user to get the full benefits of long battery life and performance. When you want to enjoy its brilliant multi-touch AMOLED display, you can convert it into a smart mode. Otherwise, you can also use it in essential mode with its LCD screen.
In smart mode, you can use this phone for up to 2 days. After 2 days, it will automatically be switched into an essential mode. The latest TicWatch Pro 4G LTE Cellular Smartwatch is available with cellular support in partnership with Verizon. It is designed with TicMotion technology to senses your motion and tracks running, fast walking, and swimming activities.
- Advanced Premium Design
- Stylish and functional
- High sunlight readability
- Smart dual layered-display
- 24hr heart rate monitoring
- Lightweight and long battery life
- Bulky design
- Last-gen processor
2. Apple Watch Series 3 Smartwatch That Makes Calls without Phone
In the market, Apple products are the most demanding and fashionable device that everyone wants to have. Its S3 dual-core processor and W2 Apple wireless chip make it different from other smartwatches in the market. In marketplaces, it’s available with a Magnetic charging cable and USB power adapter. By wearing a watch, you can share your location, send texts, and make phone and FaceTime audio calls.
Its Emergency SOS features help you to get emergency help. Its GPS features area added with the watch to registers the distance, speed, and route of your open-air workouts. Also, its Breathe App will help you to keep your body relaxed and soothes the mind. This waterproof device can track your pool and open-water workouts.
If you are a travel lover person, you should buy this smartwatch because its altimeter feature can track elevation during your hilliest rides and uppermost climbs. With the help of its rechargeable lithium-ion battery, you can use this watch for up to 18 hours.
- Colorful and demanding.
- Snug fit and durable.
- All-Day Assistant and waterproof.
- Potential skin sensitivity.
- S3 dual-core processor.
- Optical heart sensor features; advanced retina display.
- Little pricy.
- One-year limited warranty
3. New Apple SE Smartwatch Make Calls
This series of apple products have a 2x faster processor than series 3. Like other apple smartwatches, it also has a fitness app to track your daily activity. It is available with a solid aluminum case and made with 100% recycled aerospace-grade alloy. New Apple Watch SE is made with a soft and breathable double-layer nylon weave.
The New Apple Watch SE smartwatch is available with interchangeable and colorful bands. You can get enhanced network coverage with this smartwatch. If you have an apple smartwatch, you don’t have to carry your apple phone with you. Its GPS and cellular models give the best support to your family. ECG app and blood oxygen app are attached with this device to measure your blood pressure and heart rate.
It’s emergency SOS and fall detection mode will give you full protection and supports. Its built-in cellular helps you to receive calls, text, and talk to Siri. If you want to stay connected with your family all the time without carrying your phone with you, then you should grab this watch. With excellent network coverage, it will give you an eye-catching look.
- Swim proof design
- Large Retina OLED display.
- Enhanced network coverage.
- Interchangeable and stylish bands.
- Powerful health and safety features.
- Easy to wear and adjust; Kids friendly.
- Long battery life
- Poor packaging.
- Doesn’t work with all carriers.
4. Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch That Make Calls
If you want to balance your body and mind with time, you should grab this wearable device. With a single charge, you can get nonstop service for days. This device permits you to leave your phone at home with freedom and confidence. The display of this watch is made with Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ to protect your watch display.
It comes with a collection of interchangeable bands and styles. Therefore, you can wear this watch with any outfit. Also, you can pay your bills with your phone with the Samsung Pay NFC compatibility feature. Its water-resistant materials will protect your watch from unexpected rain and even swim workouts.
With this watch’s assistance, you can track your daily activity and fix a schedule for tomorrow’s activity. This watch comes with a wireless charger, small and large wristband. Also, this wonderful wearable device is built with advanced music storage and fitness features. All in all, this smartwatch is a trustworthy and classy looking smartwatch.
- Classy and traditional look.
- Convenient and fashionable.
- Waterproof and comfortable.
- Military-grade durability.
- Interchangeable bands.
- Both Android & iOS compatible.
- Poor network coverage.
- Too large wristband.
5. Samsung Galaxy Active 2 Smartwatch Make Calls without Phone
Samsung Galaxy Active 2 smartwatch is equipped with LTE connectivity to connect it with your smartphone. Also, it is designed with an ECG and sleep-tracking app. Its advanced FDA-approved ECG will help you to measure heart rate. This app is handy for diagnosing atrial fibrillation. It is available in three colors and two sizes.
In the market, Samsung Galaxy Active 2 is one of the best-looking smartwatches. Its round display will give you a traditional and classy look. Its long-lasting battery assists the user to use this all day long with one single charge. You can measure your heart rate with its heat rate app. Also, it is equipped with different related software to diagnose different heart diseases.
In the market, it is available with aluminum casing and with a variety of faces, bands. Also, in the package, you receive one Charging Cable and SIM removable tool. It’s so lightweight that you can easily wear it with many outfits. Its sleep tracking app will help you measure your sleep, and it offers offline music storage for premium customers and subscribers.
- Lengthier battery life.
- Flexible and durable.
- Lifestyle-centric design.
- Offline Spotify storage
- LTE Unlocked device.
- Works with iOS and Android
- Limited apps.
- Poor activation setting.
6. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Make Calls without Phone
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is the best wearable Android device among the best smartwatches on the market. This advanced smartwatch is made with titanium design and metallic materials. Its LTE connectivity will give you the freedom to call, text, and receive notifications. With this watch’s help, you don’t have to carry your phone all the time to receive calls.
It comes in three different colors and sizes. Its standard single-lead ECG app helps you to check and monitor your health. Its long-lasting battery gives you whole day service with only one single charge. You can charge this watch from your well-matched Galaxy phone with Wireless Power Share. You can track seven popular activities with the help of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 smartwatch.
Galaxy Watch3’ comes with an automatic sleep tracker to give you a better night’s sleep. You can also monitor your breath and stress level with the help of this app. You can be linked with both Android and IOS devices. It is designed with a multilayered defense-grade security platform to keep your data safe and protected.
- Military-grade durability.
- Premium leather bands.
- Water-resistant and long lasting.
- Traditional and sophisticated look.
- Both Android and IOS device support.
- Multilayered defense-grade security
- Poor network coverage.
- Complicated LTE connectivity.
7. Apple Watch Series 5
Apple Watch Series 5 isn’t just one smartwatch but covers a few diverse selections with different exteriors and sizes. It is built with a 64-bit dual-core processor and electrical heart sensor. Its Ambient light sensor and sapphire crystal back make it the best among all the apple series. This device is professionally reviewed and verified by Amazon-qualified suppliers. So you can buy it with confidence.
Its Cellular LTE Model will help you receive calls, text, and get directions without your phone. This smartwatch is also available with multiple connectivity options, such as Bluetooth, WI-Fi, NFC, and 4G LTE. Its retina display will help you to see the time without touching the screens. Its ECG will give proper help and data for doctors and peace of mind for your mind.
Apple Watch Series 5 is a perfect smartwatch available in different colors and sizes. This device comes with workout and tracking apps to measures your burn calories. You can set workout-specific goals through this smartwatch. Its Apple Music helps you to enjoy 60 million tracks. Also, this device will help you to check social media, weather updates, and access maps.
- Fashionable and durable design.
- Comfortable metal wrist strap.
- Cellular-enabled and steadfast.
- Noise app and Cycle Tracking app.
- Exclusive Retina display
- Useful health apps.
- Poor packaging
8. New Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular, 40mm)
New Apple Watch Series 6 gives the best service and network coverage among all the exclusive smartwatches. In this modern technological world, New Apple Watch Series 6 will be an ideal option for you. Its premium design and look makes it eye-catching and favorable in the market. It is built with a 2.5x brighter retina display.
Due to its built-in eSIM facility, you can connect it with your phone. With its connection with the eSIM facility, you can directly connect with your smartphone and communicate with peoples through the smartwatch. This smartwatch design with different health and activity tracking features. Its ECG app will help you to check your heart rhythm. Its ECG monitoring, heart rate monitoring app will aid you in measuring your blood oxygen and pressure.
Having an excellent sound facility helps you to enjoy music, Podcasts, and Audiobook right from your wrist. It works up to 20% faster than Series 5 and is made with premium waterproof materials. You can also measure your workouts with this latest Apple Watch Series 6 smartwatch. All in all Apple Watch Series 6 smartwatch is an ideal device to keep your life healthy and make your connection stronger.
- Stylish and colorful.
- Waterproof and durable.
- Premium design and look.
- Fall detection and Emergency SOS.
- 2.5x brighter display and ECG app.
- Built-in GPS and Music Storage.
- Bit Expensive.
- Poor battery life.
Pros & Cons Smartwatch That Make Calls Without A Phone!
When it comes to takes the name of wearable technology, Smartwatches come first. From the last couple of years, it has taken the epicenter stage in marketplaces. This versatile device can run apps like a smartphone and also gives a stylish look on your wrist. In the part of this article, we will discuss some noticeable Pros and cons of this device. So if you are suffering to decide between buying a smartphone, then it will surely help you.
- No need to carry a phone : The major benefit of having a cellular smartwatch is you don’t need to carry your smartwatch every time you go outside. You can attend important meetings and seminars with a wearable cellular watch. Sometimes it’s become frustrating and annoying to carry such a bulky size phone with us everywhere. Therefore you can use your cellular smartwatch instead of carrying your phone.
- Cellular connectivity : You can connect your cellular smartwatch with any postpaid or prepaid plan that you are using. You can easily use a cellular smartwatch as an alternative to your smartphone to make a call or receive calls. Cellular smartwatches have now become so common that almost every tech brand launched their smartwatch with innovative features. Such as Apple, Samsung, Huawei, LG, and Garmin.
- Emergency Call facility : With a cellular smartwatch, we can make an emergency phone. Sometimes we forget to carry our phones with us. The cellular smartwatch can give us an emergency backup. We can easily use it as an alternative to the smartphone in our emergency. Losing a phone is very common among peoples. Most of the time before some important occasion. In that situation, you can make your emergency call straight from your cellular smartwatch. With the help of the “Find my Phone” feature, you can easily find your phone.
- Lack of miss call alert : We all have to face this problem to see miss call alert. It is a big drawback for people who have to do a lot of activity over the phone. In a maximum time when we are roaming outside, we can’t hear the ringtone of your phone. In that situation, your cellular smartwatch will give you a noticeable vibration for every incoming call. So you can make a quick decision whether you want to take the call or not by just seeing at the watch.
- Portable and convenient : One of the major benefits of an expensive LTE smartwatch is it is very portable and travel friendly. You can carry it in any place or situation where you need to be connected with peoples. It feels amazing you can make calls with such a small device.
- Healthy Lifestyles : Cellular Smartwatches have the feature to track intense activity, nutrition, and burned calories. Some models of Cellular smartwatches will also allow you to monitor your heart rate and blood rate. So a smartwatch can be a perfect companion to fulfill your fitness goals. Also, update and the latest version of cellular smartwatches are designed with lots of sensors that make fitness tracking informal. You can also switch it on workout mode during walking, running, swimming, cycling, and weight lifting time. It truly can be your travel buddy.
- Low phone signal : Nowadays, smartwatches have become a light version of smartphones. A large number of customers are now using cellular smartwatch with a prepaid sim card. Though it’s very simple to get an affordable smartwatch plan, it’s almost impossible to get the same network coverage as like smartphones. Generally, smartwatches provide low network coverage. So you cannot get 100% network coverage like your smartphone.
- Uncomfortable texting and chatting : When it comes to smartwatch texting, you will never get the same support and feeling of using a smartphone. It’s tough to text and message someone with a cellular smartwatch. If you want to make a conversation with someone, then a cellular smartwatch is a bad idea. Because on the small screen, it’s quite impossible to continue a conversation with human fingers.
- Small screens : Though cellular smartwatches will give you lots of benefits all you can enjoy all the features with their small screens. It is nice to have so many apps and features in such a narrow space. But it is also tough to operate and push all the buttons on the small screen. If you have big fingers then it will become a challenge for you. So if you want to watch videos and movies on a cellular smartwatch then it will be not visually pleasing on the small screen of your smartwatch. It will be a wise option to watch movies or videos on a smartphone, PC, or tablet
Key Considerations Before Buying Smartwatch That Make Calls without A Phone
Buying a smartphone is an important decision that every people need to make. You should check several things before buying this wearable technology. You need to buy a device which is worth to buy. These key considerations will help to decide whether you buy it or not. The following points will help you to choose your desirable Smartwatch that can Make Calls without a phone.
- Network Coverage : Most people buy a smartwatch to make a call or receive the call with the phone. Its built-in LTE features will help you leave your phone at home. You should check the network coverage of your AT&T’s NumberSync and Verizon’s Number Share. These two features will help you to use the same number on your phone and smartwatch. Otherwise, you have to pay for a separate data plan for every month. It has cost about $10 per month. So if you take advantage of cellular connectivity, then it is a prime matter to consider.
- Design and Personalization : Before buy smartwatches, you should check the straps or belts of the watch. Better quality smartwatches always offer several straps and/or the capability to switch them out for a third-party choice. You can choose your favorable band color and material. Also, you should check the finish line and the size of the watches. You should prefer a slimmer and smaller one because it can give you a stylish look with traditional looks.
- Comfort label : It would help if you kept in mind that the comfort label is the most important consideration. Because if you are not comfortable with the watch, then there is no point in wearing this technology in your hand. It would be best if you avoided watches that have bulky straps or cumbersome clasps. However, the latest smartphones are now used standard buckles.
- Selections of App : Some smartwatches offer hundreds or even thousands of apps. So if you have a hunger for having apps and features, you should check the watch’s necessary apps. There are some important apps which play an important role in our daily life. So you can check some necessary apps, whether it is installing or not.
- Battery life and charging ability : Maximum smartwatches that have color screens are premeditated to last one to two days with one charge. But sometimes it won’t even last for one day. So surely you need to consider how often you have to keep plugging in your watch and how many times you have to charge that device. Some watches contain voice capabilities, and these models don’t last nearly as your expectations.
- Pricing : Last but not least, you have to check the pricing of the watch. Tech devices are always pricy, and when it comes to wearable devices, there is no doubt. Most of the smartwatches cost $100 to $150. But it can be increased up to $1,600 according to the brands, features, and accessories. So you need to decide which brand, model, and function work suitable for your budget.
What Kind Of Sim Card Does A Smartwatch Take?
You can insert a SIM card into your smartwatch. Two types of smartwatches are available in the market that can provide SIM card facility. In a smartphone, you can input a Nano SIM card or a micro SIM card. To activate the watch, you need to insert the sim card carefully, and once you insert the SIM card, you are good to go. Alternatively, you can activate and connect with your local network. With the help of the SIM card, you can able to connect to a specific network. Every SIM card contains a special chip that carries all the necessary information. Also, it is designed to prevent you from getting connected to an incorrect network.
To activate the SIM and connect with a specific network, you need to follow steps. At first, you need to remove the SIM card gently and carefully from the SIM cardholder. Alongside, you need to note the special six-word code that is printed on the card. After this slot, the sim card carefully into the watch. After inserting the SIM card, you need to activate the SIM, and you will get an activation email right after the process.
All the instructions will be written in the email. All you have to do is just follow the instructions. A standalone smartwatch will help you to work independently without any assistance from your smartphone. There are some smartwatches which are come with built-in Alexa to make your activity easy and stress-free. Alexa feature will help you to do every task you want to do. You just have to command, and it will blink in front of your eyes.
What is a Standalone Watch?
Nowadays, people love to wear smartwatches or fitness trackers. But for the last couple of years, standalone watches ruling the market. Those smartwatches that have all the functionality of a smartphone are called a standalone smartwatch. You can connect these watches with 3G or 4G mobile networks. Also, this wearable device can update the message automatically. So in this era, people can use this standalone watch as an alternative to the smartphone. They can also be used to make and receive calls and browse the internet. This device can give you complete freedom from large smartphones that sometimes just get in the way.
You can activate a standalone watch with the same phone number that you use on your smartphone. To activate the cellular function of a standalone watch, you need a wireless service plan. This device also has a Bluetooth facility to connect it with your smartphone. Though some standalone watches signal is not as strong as the cell phone, it is good enough to make or receive a call. Among all the brand’s Apple was the first company that launched a standalone watch in the market.
Does Samsung Galaxy Watch Work Without A Phone?
Yes! You can use a Samsung Galaxy watch without a phone. You can connect your Samsung galaxy watch with the LTE connectivity of your phone. Definite functions are available on the Galaxy Watch 4G, and without your smartphone connection, you enjoy 4G network from your wrist. This wearable device will allow you to leave your phone at home and receive important calls or messages straight from your hand watch. Overall with the help of this sophisticated smartwatch, you don’t need a smartphone near you.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd introduce premium and powerful smartwatches. From the beginning, Samsung takes the pledge to offer a true standalone experience to all the users. Its long-lasting battery and LTE connectivity feature design to give you an astonishing experience. Updates Samsung smartwatches are built to measure and fulfill every user’s health, wellness, and fitness goal. It’s stress management tracker can track the heart rate and blood pressure and provides breathing exercises to stay concentrated and fresh.
Galaxy watches are renowned for their improved battery life. You can spend the whole day with just one single charge. Its LTE connectivity feature will assist the user in the making and answer every call. You can also use GPS mapping, stream music, and browse the internet with this small portable device—all these things you can enjoy without a smartphone in your pocket or hand.
Today, Smartwatches takes a big and humble place in everyone’s heart and mind. No matter what taste and choice you have, it becomes every person’s needs due to its functions and features. The opportunity to make calls from your wrist band is undoubtedly an exclusive opportunity for everybody.
You can start and finish your day with a standalone watch. A standalone watch is capable of doing several activities in your daily life. Smartwatches are waterproof and versatile so that you can travel anywhere with a smartwatch in your hand. Some peoples love to wear the watch during sports and swimming, and these smartwatches are the perfect option for them. Smartwatches with microphone and speaker are the best tool to manage your time make your life easy going. However, it is not useful for some categories of peoples. So, if you don’t plan to use it with full potential, you should drop the plan of buying a smartwatch.
But, day by day, its demand is increasing mainly due to its instant help and effectiveness. So if you face any doubt or confusion whether you buy it or not, then clear it out because it is the best device you can have. It is unquestionably an all in one product that every person should have.