The referral is a common form of marketing strategy used by companies to the world over. The program gives customers a chance to market your products with a promise of incentives. This is the same strategy adopted by T-Mobile in their’ refer a friend program. The main reason is to attract more customers so as to maintain the base.
If you are already a T-Mobile customer, you can take advantage of this program to pocket an extra $50 per referral. That translates to a whopping $500 in a year. Additionally, the person you refer also qualifies for an equal token from T-Mobile. So, if you have been looking for a way to earn something extra, here it is. However, these benefits are not without regulation. Both the referrer and the new customer must fulfill certain requirements. Thus, it’s prudent to check out whether you satisfy the referral criterion before attempting to use this program.
Sub Questions / Contents
- 1 Requirements For T-Mobile Refer a Friend
- 2 Requirements For Referral New Customer
- 3 Who is Not Legible for T-Mobile Refer a Friend Program?
- 4 T-Mobile Refer a Friend and Family Program
- 5 FAQs – Frequently Ask Questions
- 5.1 Do I get a reward for every new account or line?
- 5.2 Can I be rewarded for referring someone back who had left T-Mobile?
- 5.3 Does T-Mobile refer a friend program allow customers who want to bring their own devices?
- 5.4 How long does the referral take to expire?
- 5.5 What happens if I have multiple referrals?
- 5.6 Can I participate in the program immediately I port my phone number?
- 5.7 Can I refer someone then I add them in my account?
- 5.8 Final Recap
Requirements For T-Mobile Refer a Friend
Not everyone can use T-Mobile’s refer a friend program. To qualify, you must meet the following requirements;
- You must have a T-Mobile or Sprint Postpaid account with not more than 12 lines.
- Your account should have been active for at least 3 months
- Your account should also be in good standing
- You must have a T-Mobile or Sprint ID
- You should have signed up for a refer a friend program and with a complete profile
Requirements For Referral New Customer
To join T-Mobile through a referral, you must satisfy the following requirements;
- You should not have used either T-Mobile or Sprint within the last 3 months.
- You should accept the referral from your referrer within 30 days through the link send to you
- After accepting the referral and registering, you have to activate your new postpaid account.
- You should also add at least 1 voice line to your account and port a number you used for the referral.
- After activating your account, you should keep it on a positive rating at least for a period of 30 days.
Who is Not Legible for T-Mobile Refer a Friend Program?
The following categories of people are not legible for this program;
- Existing customers who want to add new lines to their accounts
- Customers with prepaid accounts
- Internet-only accounts
- Government employees
- Business accounts with more than 12 lines
- T-Mobile employees
- Prepaid carrier port-ins
- Any port-ins from all networks that use T-Mobile and related carriers like Sprint.
If you meet all the requirements mentioned above and you’re ready to invite your friends and family, the process is simple. Below is a detailed step by step procedure on how to get it done;
T-Mobile Refer a Friend and Family Program
If you don’t have a referral account, the first step should be creating an account. To do this, do the following;
- Head to referrals.t-mobile.com and click on Get Started tab
- Enter your personal details on the sign-up page. These include Full names, email and your T-Mobile phone number
- Accept the terms and conditions then click Refer now
- Once you have an account, its time now to log in. Use your T-Mobile credentials. If you are a Legacy Sprint user, you will be directed to Sprint Login page.
- If you log in successfully, a congratulatory message should appear on the dashboard view.
- Check the email you provided whether you have received a confirmation message.
- To start referring friends, you can click on the link provided in the email. This will redirect you straight to your Refer a Friend Dashboard.
If you have an account, you can skip all the steps above and go straight to your Referral dashboard. To refer your friends, follow these steps;
- Log in to your account
- From your dashboard, you have two options to send your referral link. You can either share the link via SMS or through your social media platforms. You can copy and paste the link on all your pages including Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.
- T-Mobile will send a confirmation email about your referral and when to expect your reward.
Referred Friends and Family Procedure
To accept a friend or family referral, follow the following steps;
- Within 30 days after receiving the referral, click the link sent to you.
- Fill your details on the form presented to you to activate a new T-Mobile account. These details include; your full name, the phone number you want to port and your email address.
- Accept the program terms and conditions then click go.
- Add at least one postpaid voice account and then port the phone number you included in your registration.
- Now your account is active. To qualify for a reward, ensure that your account remains in good standing for at least 30 days.
Check Your Referral Status
When you send a referral, it doesn’t mean that your friend will automatically accept your invitation. Most referrers complain that they never got their $50 reward after a successful referral. After sending a referral, keep checking your referral status on the referrer dashboard. The following are the possible statuses you will see;
- Successful: If the referral status is successful, that means your friend accepted and took a new T-Mobile plan. Additionally, by this time, your reward has already been sent.
- Pending: A pending status means your friend accepted your referral and it’s in the validation process. This is the intermediary stage. The referral may be accepted or declined.
- Unsuccessful: Unsuccessful status means the referral didn’t go through. Maybe because your friend canceled the order or the requirements aren’t met. Also, that means that you have no reward to anticipate.
Redeem Your $50 Prepaid MasterCard Reward for T-Mobile Refer a Friend
There are two ways you can claim your referral reward. One is through email and the other one through the dashboard.
- Log into your email and open the reward email
- Click on the link provided for that confirms the award
- Fill your zip code and mobile number. You can also use the tracking number.
- Select redeem option to generate the reward code. If the code doesn’t automatically generate, return to the previous page and repeat the process.
Using the dashboard : Go to your Refer a Friend account and log in with your credentials. Head to your dashboard and click on check status then highlight the specific link you want to redeem. On view option, select redeem to generate the reward code automatically.
FAQs – Frequently Ask Questions
Do I get a reward for every new account or line?
The $50 prepaid Mastercard reward is for every qualifying account. And since you can bring only be rewarded for only 10 accounts, you can up to $500 in a year.
Can I be rewarded for referring someone back who had left T-Mobile?
Yes. However, the customer must have been away not for less than 90 days. If yes, then they qualify for a referral.
Does T-Mobile refer a friend program allow customers who want to bring their own devices?
Yes. T-Mobile has a BYOD program that allows new customers to switch with their current devices. Therefore, when inviting a new customer, they don’t have to necessarily have to buy new phones. However, their devices must be compatible with T-Mobile network. In that case, the referrer and referee are entitled to their virtual Mastercard card reward.
How long does the referral take to expire?
After accepting a referral from your friend or family, you have 15 days to port your number. Failure to hop into T-Mobile within that timeline, you can no longer qualify via this program.
What happens if I have multiple referrals?
You can only accept one referral. Therefore, if you receive multiple referrals, you have to pick only one. The referrer you chose will be rewarded while others assume unsuccessful status automatically.
Can I participate in the program immediately I port my phone number?
No. After you port-in your phone, your account must stay active for at least 3 months to qualify for referring a friend program. So, the only thing you expect after 30 days of active service is your $50 Virtual Prepaid card.
Can I refer someone then I add them in my account?
No. To qualify for a referral, the new customer must activate a new account. Also, the account must be on an eligible T-Mobile branded postpaid monthly phone plan.
T-Mobile is one of the leading wireless network providers in America. Its strength and wide coverage across the country is one of the reasons it enjoys such popularity. Today, the company is offering all manner of incentives to ensure that they maintain their wide customer base.
Refer a friend is one such program that attracts hundreds of customers every year. It gives the referrer and the referee a chance to earn a $50 prepaid Mastercard card. So, why not try it yourself and earn the dollars. The qualification criterion is simple. It starts by keeping your account active and on good standing for at least 90 days. So, any customer who has been active for 3 months has fulfilled the first requirement to participate in this program. Besides, it is not only the referrer who benefits, thus getting people to sign up isn’t a hard task.