Total Wireless is a proud participant provider of the EBB program that provides fast and reliable connectivity to low-income families who have been going through financial hardship due to the Covid-19 pandemic. This effective telecommunication brand has a strong and constant commitment to narrow the digital divide. People have been depending on online services as only communication hope during this shutdown. Family members have been attending virtual classrooms, working virtually, looking after businesses, performing communication, and more services just staying in their houses.
In this state of affairs, huge numbers of people have lost their jobs, businesses, and financial activities just because of the unavoidable shutdown. Intending to reduce their struggle, the Federal government in the USA has taken several effective initiatives intending to aid low-income families with monthly subsidies. Which is the Emergency Broadband Benefit program or the EBB.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has been executing this program. Eligible households receive high-speed internet with a monthly discount. So that they can stay connected with their jobs, studies, business, and many other services virtually. By joining the ACP program, Total wireless wants to keep its users and communities connected especially during this challenging time. Here we will discuss how to get the Total wireless ACP Program.
Sub Questions / Contents
- 1 Total Wireless ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program)
- 2 About Total Wireless
- 3 Benefits of Total Wireless ACP (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for Total Wireless ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program)
- 5 Application process for the Total Wireless ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) program
- 6 Required documents to apply for the Total Wireless ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program)
- 7 Restrictions for Total Wireless ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program)
- 8 FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)
- 8.1 How do I know if I am eligible?
- 8.2 How will I know if the ACP program has ended?
- 8.3 What will happen if the ACP program ends?
- 8.4 What are the ACP program start and end dates?
- 8.5 What other services can I get at Total Wireless?
- 8.6 Is any type of phone compatible with Total Wireless?
- 8.7 Can I receive both the Lifeline and the ACP program at the same time?
- 8.8 How do I know ACP has been applied to my account?
- 9 Final Word
Total Wireless ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program)
The Federal Government came up with a fund of around 3.2 billion dollars especially for the low-income households to provide discounts on their monthly internet services. FCC designed the affordable broadband internet plan for eligible low-income households around the US. Total Wireless joined ACP immediately after the FCC announced the ACP discount. Basically, ACP targets those who struggle to afford monthly internet bills during this shutdown. Therefore the program provides discounts of up to $30 every month on applicants’ internet bills. FCC rises this discount to $75 per month for qualified families living in tribal lands. Besides free smartphones, there is also a $100 discount offer on tablets, laptops, or desktop computers for qualified households.
Through the ACP, eligible customers of Total Wireless can receive FREE Wireless Service plans including unlimited data, talk, and text. Several plans offer unlimited data with the Total Wireless ACP. Consumers who are eligible and live in the area where Total Wireless is available can get this additional benefit. To be an eligible household, you must meet any of the criteria specified by the FCC. Applicants must follow the criteria rule and submit the related documents while applying for the Total Wireless ACP program. But remember that you won’t get this benefit forever since it’s a short-term program aimed to help people cope up with the internet demand.
About Total Wireless
Total Wireless is a low-cost telecommunication company that can provide more discounts than any other operator. This company is owned by TracFone, an American Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO). It operates using the cellular towers of another wireless network operator named Verizon. The key strength of Total Wireless is the 5G coverage nationwide. It can provide communication services to its customers at a lower price. With the Total Wireless ACP, consumers can get this service beneficial and this program can keep people connected to the world at a minimal rate. Total wireless recently launched the service named “Unlimited data plan” which includes 15GB data for $30 in a month. All of the plans of Total Wireless include unlimited talk, unlimited text, and unlimited data. Even in some plans, you will find hotspot facilities.
Check compatibility when you want to bring your phone to Total Wireless. Generally, it must be CDMA compatible not the GSM. If you don’t want to pay a lot, then you should consider Total Wireless as this company offers higher discounts than others. Besides, heavy data users can get facilities through the UNLIMITED PLAN.
Benefits of Total Wireless ACP (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program
Total Wireless is one of the ACP programs to provide internet service at a low cost. This federal initiative targets those who financially struggle to afford internet service during this pandemic. Therefore the program provides discounts of up to $30 every month on users’ total internet bill. Families living in tribal lands get $75 per month. Through the ACP, eligible customers of Total Wireless can receive FREE Wireless Service plans including unlimited data, talk, and text. There are several plans that offer unlimited data with the Total Wireless ACP. In the following there are some specific benefits of the total Wireless ACP program:
- Free unlimited Talk and Text
- 50 GB of High-Speed data (limited time offer)
- Up to 10 GB of Hotspot Data (Up to 10GB to 50 GB Data allotment can be used towards hotspot data.)
- No-contract wireless plan
Eligibility Criteria for Total Wireless ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program)
To be eligible for the Total Wireless ACP program, any member of your household needs to meet any of the FCC criteria. Then Total Wireless will onboard your household for the monthly discount on broadband service. Except for Lifeline members, qualifying for the Total Wireless ACP Program must be done. Here are some of the certain eligibility criteria mentioned below.
Program-Based Eligibility criteria:
- Anyone of your household’s Lifeline Membership
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance program
- Veterans Survivor and Pensions benefit program
- There should a Student of your family who has already qualified for the free and reduced-price school lunch/breakfast program through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, then your household can apply for the ACP.
- Anyone who received a federal Pell Grant in the current years can enroll as eligible for the Total Wireless ACP Program.
Income or unemployment based criteria:
- The yearly income of your household should be less than FCC guidelines, then that household can apply for ACP. For a single filer, the yearly income should be under $99,000 and for joint filers, it should be less than $198,000 in the year 2020.
- If your family member lost a job or got a termination letter or was furloughed since February 29 of 2020, then he or she will be eligible for ACP.
- The household income should be less than or equal to 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. This amount is considered low-income and these types of households are eligible for the ACP program.
Tribal Benefit program-based eligibility:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) General Assistance program
- Tribal Head Start (only those households can meet income-qualifying standards)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- Tribal TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
Application process for the Total Wireless ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) program
To apply for the Total Wireless ACP program, you have to follow specific procedures. The application procedure is online-based and you can get started from the website of Total Wireless. Here are the procedures:
Join With Total Wireless
First, you have to be a member of Total Wireless to apply for the ACP discount. You have to ensure that Total Wireless ACP programs are available in your living area. If you are not a Total Wireless user then you have to sign up with it. The process is simple, just visit and put some necessary information in the form.
- Enter full name including first name, second name, and third name
- If you have a business then input the company’s name (must be registered); enter a full business name
- Current phone number (any carrier)
- If you are regular in Total Wireless and don’t have an account yet then enter your number in the field
- Submit your email address with a strong password; reaper the password for confirmation that you have input correctly.
- Accept the terms and conditions and submit the information for verification. You will receive further information via email.
Remember, all information you provided will be kept private and confidential. Total wireless will keep you updated about new changes through your email.
Check the eligibility terms
Before hitting the application, you have to know the eligibility terms of the program. The national verifier will check your status online and let you know if you are eligible or not for this program. You will not get the service until the eligibility is verified. Lifeline members don’t need to follow this process as they are already verified as eligible.
Apply for the ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) Program
After knowing that you are eligible, you can apply. You have to fill the online page with your name, date of birth, address, income status, security number, and other necessary information. You have to attach supporting documents (proof of documents) to apply.
Enjoy your services
The total procedure will take around 48 hours. After verifying all your information the National Verifier will give you approval for the ACP program. You can contact Total Wireless for more information.
Required documents to apply for the Total Wireless ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program)
To apply for the ACP program, you have to prepare all of your information and documents in support of your Total Wireless ACP discount. When you go to apply, provide a copy of one of the documents listed below.
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Tribal Identification Number (If you fit this category)
- Any of the Government-issued ID (State ID, PR ID)
- US Driver’s license
- Your Passport copy
- U.S Military ID
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
Applicants need to provide Federal Government special program-related documents to claim their eligibility:
- Current income statement
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General assistance (SNAP, Medicaid, etc.)
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Unemployment statements
- Other official documents containing income information
Restrictions for Total Wireless ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program)
There are still some restrictions from the FCC for the Total Wireless ACP program. It is only for individuals who participate or qualify in any of the government programs. And if the household experienced a job loss or qualified according to the income rate of federal poverty guidelines. According to the FCC regulation, each household will receive only one benefit. A household is not permitted to use the ACP program for multiple users. Even so, this benefit is non-transferable. Customers have to notify the provider within 30 days if they no longer qualify.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)
How do I know if I am eligible?
Eligible total wireless customers can receive free monthly benefits through the ACP program. Before getting the service you have to know if you’re eligible or not. Applicants must have proof to show that they are eligible for the ACP program. You are eligible if you meet the above-listed qualifications, such as if your income is below the poverty level.
How will I know if the ACP program has ended?
The ACP program is temporary and the Federal Government doesn’t have any fixed expiration date. Before the ACP program ends, a notification will be sent to the registered email address or phone number. The provider will notify you before the program ends. Total Wireless will keep you informed about the ACP program via email.
What will happen if the ACP program ends?
The ACP program is designed for this pandemic. After the pandemic will get over, the program will no longer be durable. However, once the ACP benefit ends, you will have the option to continue the plan with Total Wireless. If you are eligible you will be offered other cell phone plans that may include non-ACP rates. You may be subject to Total wireless terms and conditions.
What are the ACP program start and end dates?
FCC started the Emergency Broadband Benefit program on May 12, 2021. According to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), this program will last for at least six months. FCC notified that the ACP will end immediately after the Department of Health Service declares that the emergency is over.
What other services can I get at Total Wireless?
Total Wireless is a renowned telecommunication company, besides the ACP program, it offers data, voice call minutes, hotspot data, etc. In addition, you can get phones with the same carrier. Remember that, you must need Total Wireless compatible phones to use multiple plans.
Is any type of phone compatible with Total Wireless?
Unfortunately, not all devices are compatible with this carrier. Some Total wireless compatible phones work with the company’s network. You have to check compatibility while you want to enroll in Total Wireless. This carrier depends on Verizon’s 4G LTE network.
Can I receive both the Lifeline and the ACP program at the same time?
Yes, the FCC guidelines allow households to get both the Lifeline and the ACP program simultaneously. But each eligible household can get only one ACP from a provider.
How do I know ACP has been applied to my account?
Once your enrollment has been received and you are qualified for the total Wireless ACP program, then you will get a confirmation email. Total wireless will keep you updated about the ACP program via email which you have used when you have applied. Usually, it takes around 48 hours to get approval.
Internet service is a must-have way of communication in this twenty-first century. It is impossible to live our life for a single day without the internet. In this pandemic, we have realized the importance of internet service in a more profound way. We are more dependent on communication and technologies, to connect in such adverse situations. Due to maintaining social distances, every possible service shifted to online. Therefore the usage and dependency on using the internet increased immensely. Ensuring equal access to the internet at a lower cost is important for everyone. So that, everyone can easily afford internet access for their daily necessities.
The Federal Government has been trying to meet people’s needs through the ACP program. Eligible Total Wireless customers can receive free monthly benefits through the ACP program. Total Wireless is always committed to offering reliable internet services with excellent customer services. That’s why this company believes in internet equality service at a discount rate which is possible with ACP.