Being one of the nearly one thousand broadband networks providers, TrueConnect offers wireless broadband networks nationwide, free Wi-Fi hotspots, and free android phones for its customers. TrueConnect operates as a Mobile Virtual Networks Operator (MVNO) using the T-Mobile networks. It is one of the biggest Lifeline providers across all 50 American states offering a variety of customer-friendly services. Now, TrueConnect announced its participation in a Federal Government’s specialized program called Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) initiated the EBB program intending to facilitate broadband internet for every household.
Last year’s Covid-19 pandemic has massacred everything resulting from the health disaster to the economic crisis. The whole world got shook by this pandemic, the American people especially middle-income numbers have been affected in life’s every aspect. It also changed the way of our life and career. It showed us an example that how we can operate everything online. Eventually, many people shut down their businesses and turned many people into jobless or their income reduced. The government understood that these households need supports in every way possible. Hence FCC came up with this broadband facility with the biggest discount offer through the broadband networks providers. TruConnect is one of the network providers who participated in EBB just to facilitate low-income households to let them connected for their necessary services.
What is TrueConnect EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program?
TrueConnect Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a joint initiative by FCC and TruConnect and other network providers. Here FCC has been offering discounts in using broadband internet for eligible households. The discount offers include unlimited data, free calls, text, smartphones, tablets, and other features for needy households.
TruConnect EBB program follows the guidelines of FCC and eligibility is determined by certain terms and conditions. TruConnect Communications is committed to open internet and its equity. Its practices of offering reliable access to the internet allow customers to enjoy uninterrupted networks and content. They already have been offering aid services to millions of low-income users through the Lifeline program with huge data and free gadget offers. By joining the EBB program TruConnect proved its commitment to both reliable service and customer satisfaction.
TruConnectEBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions stated that for the process of applying, TruConnect and its contracted partners have authorization for determining eligibility, enrolling, and seeking reimbursement of EBB service. These terms and conditions contain important information and guidelines about your service and an agreement between you and TruConnect.
Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) collects, retains, uses, and shares your personal information to establish eligibility to ensure proper administration of EBB. If you fail to provide the consent then you will be rejected from the EBB benefits. Your agreement gives express consent for TruConnect and its contracted partners to contact you to validate your eligibility. No matter which TruConnect Internet service you choose, you may access and use the legal content, application, and services of your choice regardless of the source. TruConnect takes the security of users very seriously.
How to Qualify TrueConnectEBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program?
Generally, the EBB program and TruConnect EBB program eligibility criteria are almost the same. You need to follow some criteria listed below:
- The applicant will be considered eligible for EBB if the income of the household is below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- If the household has participation in certain assistance programs like SNAP (supplemental nutrition assistant program), Medicaid, SSI (Supplemental Security Income), Federal public housing assistance, Veterans survivor Pensions Benefits Fund, and others)
- If anyone receives Federal Pell Grant in current years
- If the participant is under one of the Tribal programs
- Someone who lost a job or was furloughed since February 29, 2020, can apply as an eligible. To be eligible for this discount program your total income in 2020 should be below or equal to $99,000 as a single filer. For joint filers, this total income range is a maximum of $198,000.
- If anyone meets the eligibility criteria for low-income or COVID-19 front liners.
Does TrueConnect OfferEBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Free Tablet?
The answer is yes! In this plan of the EBB program, the eligible household will receive a one-time discount to purchase a laptop. IT offers up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop from TrueConnect. It offers to contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price. According to FCC guidelines, providing this benefit will depend on the provider. The provider will decide whether they will offer this discount for gadgets or not. According to the plan, TruConnect’s FREE EBB will offer an Android handset with 8GB of 4G/LTE data having Wi-Fi hotspot capability. It’s your choice to get either an LTE-enabled hotspot service or Google plays Certified LTE. Based on the availability, TruConnect offers a discounted 8 inches Google Play Certified android tablet with LTE connectivity.
How To Apply For TrueConnect EBB(Emergency Broadband Benefit)(Emergency Broadband Benefit)Program?
To apply for the TrueConnect EBB program you have to go through a simple and hassle-free procedure. Here you can follow these steps and options:
- You can apply directly through the TrueConnect website. visit at www.truconnect.com/broadband
- Enter your zip code and email address
- Click the Apply Now and follow the instructions
- Fill up the online forms by providing the information it requires. Then you have to contact TruConnect to select eligible plans.
- For a mail-in application, apply via mail or call 833-511-0311
- Download the copy from your mail inbox. Print a copy and fill it up. Return it along with copies of your supporting documents as proof of your eligibility to the Emergency Broadband Benefit program. Then send to the support center.
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
After the physical application is approved, you need to contact TruConnect.
Required Documents for TrueConnect EBB(Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program
To apply for the EBB program, you have to prove your identity and fulfill the requirements to be eligible. When you go to apply, provide a copy of one of the listed documents listed below.
Identity Documents needed according to category:
- Social security number
- Tribal Identification Number
- Government-issued ID (State ID, PR ID)
- US Driver’s license
- U.S Military ID
- Taxpayer Identification Number (Individual)
But, to prove your eligibility condition, you need to provide related documents based on your eligibility claim:
- Prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General assistance (SNAP, Medicaid, etc.)
- Current income statement
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment statements
- Other official documents containing income information
Moreover, if you think you are eligible based on your other participation program, then the FCC requires some documents:
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit award letter
- Approval Letter
- Benefit verification letter
TruConnect EBB(Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program Coverage Area
TruConnect offers a designated website https://www.truconnect.com/broadband, where candidates may enter the zip code and see if the service is available in that area or not. There are some areas where TruConnect is available. If you stay in any of the following states then you will be eligible for the EBB program. But you need to be sure that the program is available at your location by entering your zip code. These are the following areas:
“Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin”
The covid-19 has been making changes in many aspects of our way of works. Such changes make us think of high-speed internet connection as the most necessary medium to live or work. The EBB program is thus initiated to let people cop up with internet-based communication in every aspect of our nation. TrueConnect Communication Inc. commits to offer reliable internet services at the same time they commit to offer friendly customer relationships.
This company is trying in many different ways to provide internet facilities to the customers with equity. It is a great opportunity for TruConnect users who are struggling to afford broadband internet due to income loss. Remember, TruConnect plans can vary based on the state of residence and available options.