TruConnect is a large, reliable, and popular mobile virtual network operator with its offices in Los Angeles, US. As a matter of fact, TruConnect is not only large but also ranked as one of the best MVNO carrier in America. One of the greatest advantages of this carrier is its ability to offer budget-friendly prepaid plans that greatly help users to save on cost. In addition to that, TruConnect offers 3G, 4G LTE and 5G network in all eligible areas.
In case you earn less than 135% of the federal poverty guideline, you can also receive free cellphone services through TruConnect lifeline program. Besides, TruConnect is also devoted to extending ACP benefits to customers that were enrolled in the long-gone EBB program. From Truconnect ACP, you will get up to $30 monthly discount on broadband services and one-time discounts to purchase internet devices like tablets. To get your free tablet from TruConnect, it’s paramount to mention that you must have a total annual income at or less than 200% of the poverty guideline. After meeting this requirement, you will be awarded a discount of $100 to purchase a tablet.
Does TruConnect Offer Free Tablet Under ACP?
You are already aware that TruConnect is one of the largest and most reliable ACP service provider in America. Through ACP program, TruConnect makes it easy for low-income users to purchase a tablet. Therefore, TruConnect tablets are not available for free. What happens, the company offers up to $100 through ACP to reduce the cost of available tablets for low-income users? However, before receiving this discount, you are required to make a co-pay of $10 to $50.
To get TruConnect free tablet under ACP, there are a few rules to adhere to. As a qualified user, you can only receive one tablet discount per household. Therefore, no other member of your household should be in possession of a free ACP tablet. In addition, you can’t transfer your ACP tablet benefit to another member of your household.
How To Get TruConnect Free Tablet?
Tablets are important devices that come with a lot of benefits. Since they are costly to acquire, every other user would love to get a free tablet. Although TruConnect gives free tablets, you must be qualified to enjoy these benefits. This is through meeting the following requirements:
1. Through participating in a government assistance program
There are several government assistance programs in the US that help needy families to easily access basic needs. If you participate in these programs, you are considered eligible for TruConnect free tablet. Below is a list of these programs:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Medicaid or Medical Assistance
- Veterans Survivor Pension fund
- If you received Federal Pell Grant in the current year
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program)
- SSI(Supplemental Security Income)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program(LIHEAP)
- The National School lunch programs such as free or reduced lunch programs.
Tribal assistance programs
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance(BIA)
- Food Distribution Programs on Indian Reservations(FDPIR)
- Tribal Head Start
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for the Needy Families
2. Through your income
You can also qualify for TruConnect free tablet if you come from a low-income household. Generally, it is required to have a total income below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Since these guidelines vary depending on your household size, it is important to visit FCC officials to know your income eligibility based on your household size and state.
3. Through disability
If you apply for TruConnect through the lifeline national verifier page, you will also be considered eligible for a free tablet as a disabled. However, you can only get your free tablet once you verify your disability.
4. Through your Child or dependent participation in a government assistance program.
You are also considered eligible for TruConnect free tablet if your dependent or child qualifies for any federal or tribal assistance programs discussed above.
How to Apply For TruConnect Free Tablet?
If you meet the above requirement, you are now free to apply for TruConnect free tablet. To apply for this device, you’ll be required to fill affordable connectivity program application form through TruConnect website or through the federal communications commission’s official website. Know that whichever application method you select, you’ll be asked to attach documents with proof that you qualify for TruConnect free tablet. These are Personal documents like Government issued ID, Birth certificate and Driving license, income documents like Current income statement, Federal, state or tribal return of the previous year and Program eligibility documents like Medicaid membership card and SSI approval letter. After collecting all required documents, go ahead and apply for TruConnect free tablet as follows:
1. Through lifeline national verifier website
- Open your browser and visit fcc.gov/acp
- on the down part of your page tap “apply now”
- the hyperlink will redirect you to affordability connectivity program official page acpbenefit.org/ to fill ACP form
- The form requires you to provide your name, address, date of birth and tap ‘next’
- Provide your email, password and attach eligibility documents.
- Submit your form and get an approval from the lifeline national verifier
- Finally, contact TruConnect to select a plan and receive your ACP free tablet. .
2. Through TruConnect official website
Alternatively, you can apply for a free tablet through Truconnect website as follows:
- From your browser, open truconnect.com
- Provide your ZIP code, email address and select “enroll now”
- Complete the provided form by entering your name, address, phone number and tap ’next’
- If your state is eligible to TruConnect ACP, complete the form by attaching ACP eligibility document
- Submit the form, get approved and receive your free ACP tablet from Truconnect.
Which Type of Tablet Does TruConnect Offer Free at Discounted prices?
We have already mentioned that true connect provides $100 discount towards purchasing a tablet. If you qualify for this discount, TruConnect will send you the model available depending with your state and eligibility. That means that the exact model to receive will be anonymous to you. However, you are most likely to receive a tablet like Google play certified android tablet that comes with a screen display of 8 inches and LTE connectivity. If you need to inquire more on the types of TruConnect free tablets available, contact TruConnect customer support on the 800-430-0443, every day from 5AM TO 9 PM PST
How do I Activate TruConnect Tablet?
To activate your TruConnect tablet, just insert TruConnect SIM card in your device and turn it on. While your tablet is on, dial 611, and you will receive a message suggesting” welcome to TruConnect”. This message is an indication that you have successfully activated TruConnect tablet for use.
In Which Areas Currently TruConnect Offer Lifeline and ACP Program
TruConnect offers ACP and lifeline programs benefits in the following states:
- Puerto Rico
- Missouri Georgia
- New Jersey
- US Virgin Island.
What Other Benefits do I get if I Qualify For TruConnnect ACP?
If your Meet Truconnect ACP requirements, you are given up o $30 discount on monthly internet plans, $75 for eligible families in tribal land, and a one-time discount to purchase a tablet, laptop or computer. Besides, you get TruConnect ACP plans that offer the following benefits:
- At least 14 GB of 4LTE and a WIFI hot spot feature for California lifeline customers and 8 GB 4 G LTE data to your lifeline plan.
- At least 12.5 GB 4G/LTE data, 8 GB free data and WIFI hotspot capability
- 8 GB/LTE data, WIFI-hotspot features and a free smartphone.
Which Network does TruConnect Use?
TruConnect is a virtual mobile network that relies on T-Mobile network towers to provide wireless services. Being reliant on T-mobile towers, TruConnect assures a wide and reliable nationwide network coverage to all its consumers.
Does Truconnect give You a Free Phone?
Yes. From TruConnect, you can get free smartphones like Galaxy S7 and IPhone 6s. These phones come with additional features like unlimited talk, call waiting, 3-way calling, voicemail, and caller ID. With the phone, you can enjoy unlimited talk minutes and free shipping.
Can I Upgrade My Free Phone or Tablet with TruConnect?
Yes, TruConnect has made it possible for users to upgrade their former phone to a better phone. To upgrade your TruConnect free phone or tablet, visit any of their retail stores in panorama city, Chula Vista and Huntington and a representative will help you get started. Alternatively, you can call TruConnect customer care on 1 (800) 430-0443.