Since last year, millions of American households have had the taste of unwanted poverty. Since the emergency, there has been a drastic change in the economy of the USA. The undeniable reason for this crisis was the Covid-19 pandemic and the situation has hit millions of American households financially where they have fallen on hard times. With other basic needs, these low-income or incomeless households have been struggling to manage their monthly internet bills. We have seen that the use of the internet got boosted as people had to stay inside houses to protect themselves from the infection. Such a situation forced people to deal with everything virtually. Work, study, and other services were being done online. Even doctors were consulting critical patients virtually.
Due to the lack of access to broadband at home, many Americans face difficulty working online and earning their livelihoods. Taking this scenario into account, the Federal Government introduced the temporary EBB program in 2021. It contributed to people’s monthly internet bills that got closed in December of the same year. Then the government introduced another subsidy initiative named Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Program. The FCC (Federal Communications Commission) initiated those benefit programs to eliminate the digital divide by ensuring low-cost voice and internet service. FCC considers people who are living below the poverty line should get this benefit.
After contributing to the EBB program, Verizon Wireless joined Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) also as a participating provider to provide low-income households with discounted internet, discounted computers, free smartphones and free tablet. Here in this article, we are going to keep everything possible on the widely asked question “How to Get Verizon wireless ACP program?”
What is The Verizon Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)?
The Federal Communications Commission distribute the subsidy as discounted internet to low-income people. So that, people who are struggling financially, can continue their jobs, study, business, and other virtual purposes with fewer bills. Along with other internet providers, Verizon Wireless has joined FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program to help low-income households with discounted internet. Verizon Wireless is proudly supporting the FCC’s ACP program and it believes in strong customer relations by providing strong network services so that they can adapt to their needs.
Verizon Wireless customers can get all Fios plans with the Affordable Connectivity Program. Hence, over 1 million customers can enjoy the best value. There are no extra fees, just have to pay what’s needed. Verizon Wireless wants financially struggling customers to save money on their monthly broadband and wireless service. The goal is to provide customers with choices to get reliable ACP-supported services at an affordable price. Verizon Wireless initiated this program to help underprivileged communities by bridging the digital divide.
Customers of Verizon Wireless who meet income-based requirements administered by the FCC are eligible to receive a monthly discount of up to $30 per month ($75 monthly for Tribal lands), as part of the ACP. This discount is available for low-income people who have been experiencing financial hardships during the low-income situation. They want to keep eligible customers connected with healthcare services, online education, remote work, or other virtual communications. The Verizon Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is available for new and existing customers both with 5G home Internet, LTE Home internet, Mobile Mix & Match unlimited, or Mobile Hotspot.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is one of the largest, most renowned, and reliable telecommunication technology companies in the world. With more than 20 years of experience in the communication service, Verizon Wireless managed to establish its presence around the world. Last year Verizon Wireless generated around $128.3 billion as revenues. They offer premium service of texting, calling, and the internet with strong network connectivity. Recently, they started offering 5G network coverages in specific 5G enhanced regions for the people with 5 G-enabled devices. To use the Verizon Wireless ACP, you have to buy a cell phone which should be compatible with Verizon Wireless. To find Verizon compatible phones visit their stores or find at here
Verizon offers its network services ranging from the big cities to the remote areas and it has the highest reliability ranking in the telecommunication industry. Verizon Wireless has a responsibility through its services to make an impact on social, economic, and environmental advancement by providing reliable internet service to the customers. Verizon wireless covers 48 states including the rural areas with more than 159000 square miles area. Before the ACP, Verizon also has been providing Lifeline members with subsidies. It supports access for eligible households to save $20 per month by providing high-speed home internet.
The customer support team is ready to help eligible households by providing the best deal according to the customers. The ultimate goal is to help people save money during critical times. Go to the link verizon.com/support for getting support or you may call the customer care number. Verizon Wireless is always ready to serve its wide range of customers continuously.
How Does The Verizon Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Work?
Verizon Wireless joined the Federal Government program (ACP) to ensure households have proper internet connection so that they can connect with virtual jobs, healthcare services, virtual classes, online shopping, social services, and other life needs. FCC set some general rules and Verizon Wireless follows them while providing ACP. The procedure starts with eligibility conditions. The households that can meet certain criteria can enroll in the Verizon ACP program. If a household proves eligibility, will get up to $30 per month as a subsidy to its monthly internet bill. Any eligible household residing in tribal lands gets $75 per month. In addition, eligible households can receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase laptops, tablets, desktops, and smartphones. This program is usable on selected mobile and home internet plans. Just 3 steps can make it easier to get the Verizon ACP benefits.
- Confirm the eligibility
- Apply for ACP
- Enroll in specific Verizon Plan
What Does The Verizon Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Cover?
According to the FCC guidelines, Verizon Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) covers home and mobile internet services. Here are all mobile internet services that the Verizon Wireless ACP program covers are following:
- Current Verizon Mix & Match Unlimited phone plans
- Start unlimited
- Play more unlimited’
- Do more unlimited
- Get more unlimited Verizon Mix & match Unlimited phone plans
- As well as Verizon Mix & Match Unlimited phone plans
- Above unlimited
- Beyond unlimited
- Go Unlimited
- Standalone Mobile Hotspot plans
- Unlimited &
- Unlimited plus plans.
These plans are for those who don’t have a smartphone line on their account.
For Home Internet Service, The Verizon Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Benefit Has The Following.
- Fios mix & Match Internet at any speed
- Verizon 5G Home internet
- Verizon LTE Home Internet
Those Verizon low-income internets are fine with the Verizon compatible devices.
What Other Services Does The Verizon Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Offer?
Though ACP is a temporary and separate program, Verizon Wireless will continue other services as usual. Those are the following services:
1. Calling and Texting
Usually, our basic needs of communication media are calls and text services. You can choose and purchase various communications plans available for our daily communication purposes. Additionally, being an existing customer, you can upgrade those phone deals to enjoy the services. Verizon Wireless coverage area of 4G LTE network is around 98% of the USA.
- $35 per month with countrywide 5G coverage and 4G LTE data.
- $45 per month with 5G nationwide coverage and 5G Ultra-Wideband, 15GB hotspot.
- $55 per month with 5G nationwide coverage and 5G Ultra-Wideband, unlimited 30GB hotspot LTE Data.
2. Internet Services
Verizon has a fast internet connection which offers 5G connectivity. Verizon Fios is the fastest internet service across the United States. Because it transmits its internet signal with 100% advanced Fiber Optic cables. Pricing and customer satisfaction are at their best level in the US. There are various Verizon Fios plans that you can get today. Such as:
- $39.99 per month plan- 200 Mbps : Though it is the slowest internet plan for Verizon, still the speed is super effective. The plan is fine for households with one or two devices connecting to the service.
- $59.99per month plan- 200 Mbps : This speed is excellent and can effectively serve several users. You can connect around 8 to 10 devices at a time at a higher speed. Multiple users can download and upload with a nicer impression.
- $79.99 per month with Gigabyte connection : In this offer, you can get a connection of up to 1000 Mbps, which ensures excellent connection speed for multiple users at a time.
3. Phone and Tablets
Verizon comes with a wide range of phones and tablets that you can use with its services. Currently, they are providing amazing brands such as Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 5G, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+5G, and Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e. The smartphone models are Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Apple iPhone 12, Samsung Galaxy S21 and 5G, and others.
Eligibility Criteria for The Verizon Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
Verizon Wireless will consider your household eligible for the monthly discount on broadband service if any member of your household meets any of the FCC criteria. Qualifying the criteria is a must-do process for the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program. To get the benefit you will have to meet one of these criteria:
- The yearly income of your household in 2021 should meet the FCC guidelines to apply for ACP benefits. This yearly income total may vary depending on the state you live in. As an example, for an individual living in Alaska should have an income of $32,180 maximum. But in Hawaii, it is a maximum of $29,640. For a household consisting of 3 or 4 members, the income size is $54,900 and in Alaska $50,520 in Hawaii.
- A household member who lost a job or got a termination letter or was furloughed since February 29 of 2020 will be eligible for the Verizon Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit.
- The household income should be less than or equal to 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. This income range is regarded as low-income and the households are eligible for the ACP benefit.
- If anyone in your household enjoys Lifeline benefit or enjoyed the EBB from the last year.
Other government assistance programs also work as eligibility criteria for Verizon Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Those are:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- Federal public housing assistance
- Veteran’s survivor and Pensions benefit program
- If there is a Student in your household who receives the free and reduced-price school lunch/breakfast program through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the school years of 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022.
- Anyone who received a federal Pell Grant in the current years can apply as eligible for the ACP.
Tribal Benefit programs refer to the eligibility of the ACP program:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA).
- Tribal Head start (only those households can meet income-qualifying standards)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- Tribal TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
The Application Process for The Verizon Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program
There are pretty simple ways to apply for the Verizon Wireless ACP program. It’s as simple as you can apply online from your house. But people who struggle to follow the application procedure online can apply via the mail-in application. In that case, they can call 833-511-0311 for a copy of the application form. Then you will get an application copy via email. All you have to do is to print the form and fill it up with the required and proper information. After submitting all the information, send it along with all the documents to:
ACP Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY, 40742
Make sure to check the personal information carefully. After filling the form with the necessary information, submit it to this address.
Remember, to get the Verizon applicable plans and services with Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), you first need to check whether Verizon is available in your area or not. Visit verizon.com to get the area information and Verizon Wireless plans to choose one of them.
Now, there are slight differences in the application process as there are various Verizon Wireless plans and services. The following steps you should follow if you want to apply for specific Verizon Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) plans.
Verizon Fios provides customers with more streaming, gaming, and sharing on the fastest internet in America. To order follow the steps:
- Step 1 : Apply to qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program at “www.affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply/”
- Step 2 : Being a new customer, you can order any of the Fios Mix and Match internet plans. Complete your order online or call 1.800. Verizon Existing Fios customers can apply with their Fios Mix and Match plan, switch to one, or remain on Fios planning including triple play. Internet, TV, voice, double-play: Internet and TV.
- Step 3 : Both new and existing customers have to click the link verizon.com/home/myverizon to get the discount applied to your bill. Remember, new customers must complete Fios installation to be eligible.
Verizon Unlimited Mobile Plans
Verizon mobile plans give you more freedom with unlimited talk, text, and data without coverage charges. To order follow the steps:
- Step 1 : Apply to qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program at “www.affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply/”.
- Step 2 : New customers can order any Mix and Match unlimited phone plan. Complete your order online or call at 1.800.922.0204. Existing customers must have a Mix & Match Unlimited phone plan, switch to one, or remain on a Standalone Unlimited or Unlimited Plus Mobile Hotspot plan (as the remain or only line on an account).
- Step 3 : Both new and existing customers should click the link verizon.com/ACP-consent to get the discount applied to your bill. Remember, new customers must activate their wireless service first to be eligible.
5G Home internet
5G home internet is simple to set up and easy to use. Customers can get ultrafast speed on the 5G Ultra-Wideband network. To order follow the steps:
- Step 1 : Apply to qualify for the ACP at “www.affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply/”
- Step 2 : New customers can order 5G Home online or call 1.800.922.0204. If you are an existing 5G Home customer, you will get it easily if your household qualifies.
- Step 3 : Both new and existing customers can click here verizon.com/ACP-consent to sign up online to get the discount applied to your bill. New customers must first complete 5G home installation to be eligible.
LTE Home provides customers with faster internet for their households. It provides powerful bandwidth and no data caps. Eligible households can order follow the steps:
- Step 1 : Apply to qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program at “www.affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply/”
- Step 2 : New customers can order LTE Home online or call 1-800-922-0204. If you are an existing LTE Home customer, your service is eligible if your households qualify. New customers must first complete LTE Home installation to be eligible.
Restrictions For the ACP Benefit
The goal of this program is to provide internet service at an affordable price to eligible households. Unfortunately, there are still a few restrictions in the ACP program. Most importantly the household can only receive the benefit upon meeting the eligibility terms. And if you cross 30 days without any usage, you may no longer be qualified to get this service and the prior discount may be reversed on your next month’s bill. The federal government benefit program is available only for the person who participates in the qualified Government program or is eligible as a low-income household. FCC limited the ACP as per the household program. One household can get only one benefit. A household is not permitted to get ACP from multiple providers and this program is not transferable as well.
What Documentation Do I Need To Sign Up For The Verizon ACP Program?
FCC sets it mandatory to prove your identity and eligibility for the Verizon Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). The identity documentation would prove your name, address, and other basic information. And the other documentation for proving your eligibility for the ACP benefit. Verizon Wireless customers are required to submit one of these documents to prove the identity during the application process for the ACP:
- Social security number/ US Driver’s license/passport/ID/Taxpayer Identification Number (Individual) with name and date of birth.
To prove eligibility for the ACP benefit, you need to submit one of the documents based on your eligibility criteria:
- Recent Tribal TANF letter or card. Current BIA card
- Prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General assistance (SNAP, Medicaid, etc.)
- Free or reduced school meal award letter
- Current income statement
- Tax return in 2019 or 2020
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment statements
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Do I qualify for Verizon Wireless ACP if I am a Lifeline Beneficiary?
Yes, being a lifeline beneficiary, you already have met the eligibility criteria. That eligibility criterion is enough to get the ACP. But, you will not receive ACP automatically. You still have to apply for the Verizon Wireless Affordable Connectivity program.
Can I Transfer My Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to Verizon Wireless?
Yes, you can transfer the ACP program from the existing provider to Verizon wireless at any time. You do not have to worry because the process is pretty simple and easy. Remember that, ACP benefit is restricted to receiving benefits from more than one provider at a time.
How long will the Verizon Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) last?
According to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), this program will last for years as it is not a temporary program like the ACP was. The EBB was closed because of the temporary form but the ACP is going to be a permanent form. This means the eligible individuals or households can enjoy the monthly subsidy until they need the financial aid.
What will happen when the Verizon Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program expires?
The FCC announced that the ACP will run for years. After the closing of this program, you can either continue your existing plan without an ACP discount or you have the option to close the plan. Verizon Wireless always prefers the customer’s choice, they will give you their best services and plans as an option to decide on this issue before ending the program.
Do I have to switch plans to get the benefit?
No, you don’t have to. If you are already using any of the Verizon Wireless plans, then you can continue with the ACP adding the discount to it. There are several plans with the ACP in Verizon wireless which we mentioned above.
Does Verizon offer a free Tablet?
Still, there is no clear information about offering free tablets or smartphones. Verizon Wireless didn’t mention that they offer free tablets to their eligible customers. As per ACP rules, eligible households can receive a one-time discount of up to $100 from particular providers especially while buying tablets, smartphones, desktops, laptops, etc. The providers don’t need to offer discounts on computers.
Being the largest communication company in the US, Verizon Wireless understands the importance of internet connectivity for all. It has been working to ensure affordable internet service to low-income customers. So that we would not see any digital divide among the people across the country. As this ACP is a blessing for the people who lost their jobs or income, Verizon Wireless takes it as a big chance to offer people high-speed broadband and wireless internet with big discounts. For some households, this ACP discount is free and a blessing. Now, with monthly discounts household members can work from home or look for new jobs, join online classes and take government service online. We advise you to keep your trust in Verizon Wireless for its reputation as a leading wireless network provider. To dissolve your loss from the pandemic, just apply for the discount and enjoy unlimited and uninterrupted internet with Verizon wireless.