Millions of Americans have been facing hardships in their livelihoods during this Covid-19 pandemic. Many people have lost their jobs and businesses and many solvent households experienced unwanted poverty. The Federal Government has been implementing some financial assistance programs to fight these unexpected circumstances. Along with the Government, many private and public organizations have joined and worked together to help people who are struggling to arrange their monthly bills. The Federal Government has come forward with a blessing program called Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB).
The program has been initiated to aid millions of low-income households with a moderate discount on their monthly broadband bills. So that the household members can continue their virtual services like jobs, study, business, and other activities through affordable internet. Like other organizations, Walmart stepped forward to aid those low-income households with its resources and ventures. Walmart and AT&T joined together to offer home internet and wireless plans under the Federal Communications Commission’s guidelines. In this program, Walmart provides eligible customers broadband internet or wireless plan with little or even no cost via AT&T or Cricket Wireless. This excellent offer is available in Walmart stores and Walmart.com. If you think your household is eligible for EBB as facing an income crisis, then you can sign up and enroll for the EBB with AT&T and Cricket. Here, we are going to discuss “how to get Walmart EBB program” Walmart customers.
About Walmart EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program
Being the largest retail chain in the US and world, Walmart has built a strong and loyal relationship with its customers for more than 50 years. It has been widely known for its motto and single focus to provide products with low prices. Walmart’s widely advertised slogan statement is “we save people’s money so that they live better”. Now you can find the resemblance of Walmart’s effort for low-income people with the EBB or Emergency Broadband Benefit Program from FCC. This temporary program from the Federal Government provides home internet and wireless service to eligible customers with up to $50 per month discount and up to $75 per month for people from the tribal lands. As we mentioned earlier, Walmart is delivering this EBB to the households collaborating with AT&T and its subsidy Cricket wireless.
If you think of the most reliable and widely ranged telecom companies in the US, then AT&T should come up first in your mind. It operates as the largest network carrier in America. AT&T always comes with exciting facilities and state-of-the-art technologies for their customers. Now, they are more concerned about the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and the impacts of the pandemic that makes people live below the socio-economic standard. Here AT&T wants to cooperate the low-income households in every possible way to help them connect virtually. That is why they have been helping people through the EBB for eligible households.
Walmart and AT&T joined together to help the communities by making a bridge in the digital divide that exists across the country. If you are financially affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, then you may apply for the Walmart EBB program and choose one of the AT&T prepaid or Cricket Wireless plans available at Walmart. There are multiple options for qualified customers so that you can select according to your requirement. Even family members can connect with a mobile hotspot on a data-only plan. Mobile hotspot with data-plan delivers access at a time up to 15 Wi-Fi devices.
This temporary and non-transferable program is administrated by the Federal Communications Commission or the FCC and is applicable for only one person per household. This benefit is limited to one monthly benefit on a qualifying mobile broadband service plan.
AT&T Prepaid Offers
AT&T has imposed the EBB plans on their current prepaid data packages. That means you can pursue any of the AT&T prepaid offers with a 50 dollar discount on the bill.
- 100GB Data plans for Tablets & Hotspots : Regularly it is a $55 per month prepaid plan of 100GB 5G high-speed data But when you enable EBB you will get this at $5 per month. This means this temporary offer will let you enjoy 100GB of data at $5 per month only.
- 15GB Prepaid Plan : You can get this 15GB of high-speed data to offer totally for free only if you register with the Walmart EBB program. This regular offer usually costs $40 per month.
- Prepaid Unlimited Data : EBB customers can get this unlimited data plan for free after adding the $50 per month (EBB Discount) and $15 AutoPay discount on the regular rate. The regular rate of this offer is $65 per month.
- Prepaid Unlimited Plus : This is a huge and exciting offer from AT&T with Unlimited high-speed data and 10GB of Mobile Hotspot. You will also get 100GB of cloud storage and 5G access included in this offer. The regular offer cost $65 per month but after adding the EBB discount and AutoPay discount you will have to pay only $10 per month.
Aren’t any of these offers is helpful for your household, especially during this income crisis?
All of these offers have access to unlimited talk and text usages in the US, Canada, and Mexico, unlimited text to over 100 countries from the US.
Cricket Wireless offers
The Cricket Wireless also offers some exciting and useful data plans that are also applicable for EBB customers.
- Cricket Simply Data :You will get 100GB of 5G high-speed data for only $5 per month. Regularly it is a $55 per month prepaid plan but when you enable EBB you will get this at $5 per month
- Cricket More : This plan offers unlimited data and calls with 15GB of Mobile Hotspot, 150 GB Cloud Storage, and 5G access only at $10 per month. This offer is for EBB customers only but regularly it costs $60 per month. Single line customers can get this offer at $5 per month with AutoPay applied to it.
- Cricket Core : Being an EBB customer, you can get this plan with unlimited data and calls only at $5 per month. But this regular $55 per month offer is free for single-line customers with AutoPay credit (applied to second service charge).
All these Cricket Wireless plans have access to unlimited talk and text usages in the US, Canada, and Mexico (applied maximum 50% when it’s Canada). The unlimited text applies to over 37 countries from the US.
AT&T and Cricket reserve all the right that they can stop this service anytime. Excessive use of the AT&T network may temporarily slow the 5G access and requires a compatible device because the 5G network is not available everywhere.
Am I Eligible to Get The Walmart EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program?
There are some criteria to be eligible to get the EBB created by FCC. If any member of your household meets any of those FCC criteria, then your whole household can enjoy the Walmart ebb program. For the FCC’s Emergency Broadband Benefit Program, Here some of the certain eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- Household Income: Your household income should be less than or equal to 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. FCC considers this income range as low-income and these households are eligible for the EBB program.
- Yearly Income range: If the yearly income of a household is below the FCC guidelines that are for a single filer, $99,000 and for joint filers, $198,000 in the year 2020, then can enroll for the EBB.
- Job loss: A household member who lost a job or got a termination letter or was furloughed since February 29 of 2020 will be considerable for EBB.
- Government Assistance Membership: If anyone of your household has a membership of any of the federal assistance programs, will be eligible for the EBB program. The programs that the FCC counts are the Lifeline Membership, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), Medicaid, SSI (Supplemental Security Income), Federal public housing assistance, Veterans survivor Pensions Benefits Fund.
- Governments School Meal Program: If any child or student in your household who already qualified for the free and reduced-price school lunch/breakfast program through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, then your household can apply for the EBB.
- Pell grant: If anyone of the household receives a Federal Pell Grant in the current years, can apply for the EBB.
How to Get The Walmart EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) Program?
You can apply for the Walmart Emergency Broadband EBB program upon meeting any of the EBB eligibility criteria. The application or enrollment process of the Walmart EBB program is easy and simple. Here are only three steps that you should follow:
STEP 1- Check your Walmart EBB eligibility status
Whoever wants to be eligible, must check the eligibility through the National verification process. Follow the FCC approval guidelines, to be eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. To see if you are qualified for the Walmart EBB program or not visit www.getemergencybroadband.org. This is the most basic policy to follow when anyone wants to be eligible for the EBB Program. You will get a notification on your status. You have to follow the instructions carefully to get EBB eligibility.
STEP 2- Choose your Carrier and Plans
To enjoy this program AT&T Prepaid and Cricket Wireless for eligible plans and enrollment. Visit Walmart offical website www.walmart.com to choose your carrier and plans from Phones With Plans/Prepaid Phones/Shop Prepaid Phones by Carrier section .
STEP 3- Verify Walmart EBB Enrollment
Walmart is glad to welcome any new customers for the EBB program if the customer is eligible. You may contact AT&T (1-866-986-0963) or Cricket Wireless (1-844-246-8364) to confirm enrollment.
Besides other product solutions, Walmart is working to provide customers with an internet solution during this ongoing crisis as part of its reiterated commitment. Walmart wants to help the households who are unable to pay their monthly internet bill and make this important resource available to its customer at an affordable price. All you need to do is to enroll in the program and Walmart is ready to provide you the EBB program online and all its outlets across America.
Besides the discount, you can confidently think of Walmart because it collaborated with AT&T, the strongest and widest network in the US.