An accountable number of people around the country have been suffering from the financial crisis since this pandemic forced to shut down many jobs and businesses temporarily or forever. Therefore the Federal Government stepped forward with the Emergency Broadband Benefit program to help those who had been struggling due to job loss. The Federal Communications Commission created a fund of $3.2 Billion to aid people with high-speed internet, smartphones, and tablets. So that those people can at least continue their jobs virtually or find new jobs, family members can take health services, students can attend classrooms and many other benefits.
EBB closed in December 2021 and then the government formed a new program called Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP benefit. FCC has formed this permanent program for households who meet the qualifying criteria for this program. Lifeline members can enroll in this Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit automatically. Tribal lands have also a priority for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit. But only one household can apply for one benefit.
To provide unlimited data, text, and calls to eligible customers, Windstream is using all the technological resources to provide a great internet experience. Additionally, discounted tablets from Windstream also help the households who are in a crisis of this communication gadget. Here, you will get to know the detailed information on Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and how you can enjoy it through Windstream.
What Does Windstream Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Benefit ?
Windstream expanded its service with the Federal government’s program to provide broadband internet services for their eligible customers. It is specially designed for households who are struggling to afford internet service due to income loss. Eligible customers will receive a monthly credit of up to $30 towards broadband services and $75 per month for Tribal lands. Additionally, with the ACP, eligible customers will get up to a $100 per household discount toward a one-time purchase of a tablet. So, qualified customers may purchase a tablet by Kinetic for only $20. These temporary bill credits provide relief to make broadband more affordable and allow them to pay their bills easily. Eligible customers can stay connected in their job, business, study, healthcare, and more with the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit.
Kinetic by Windstream is one of the most reliable community partners for high-speed internet services. Kinetic provides broadband, entertainment, and security services with fiber network and 5G fixed wireless services in 18 States.
Windstream Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Eligibility Criteria
One example that can make you fascinated is that the Windstream team has dedicated months to prepare themselves to provide the Affordable Connectivity Programs Program ASAP. Before applying, make sure and check that Windstream covers your area. There are some general eligibility criteria for Windstream ACP. Those are:
- According to FCC guidelines, people who got terminated or furloughed since February 29 of 2020, can be considered eligible to apply. FCC will consider people eligible who have total income in 2020 was below or equal to the guidelines. An individual living in Alaska should have an income maximum of $32,180 but in Hawaii, it is $29,640. For a household consisting of 3 or 4 members, the income size is $54,900 in Alaska and $50,520 in Hawaii.
- If your total income is below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines, then you are qualified to get ACP.
- Your qualification for the Lifeline programs will take you to Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) eligibility. Those Government assistant programs are Medicaid, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistant Program), SSI, (Supplemental Security Income), Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Survivors Pension benefit fund, etc, or other FCC’s Lifeline program.
- If any of the members of the participant household receives the federal free or reduced-price lunch and breakfast program in recent years.
- Anyone who has received the Federal Pell Grant in current years.
- Meet the eligibility criteria for low-income or COVID-19 front liners.
How to apply for the Windstream Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit?
If you think you meet the eligibility criteria then apply for the Windstream Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit. The application process is simple and easy.
- 1st Step (Apply Online) : Fill out the National Verifier application
- 2nd Step (Get your application ID and Approval Status) : The national verifier will send you an Application ID and they will confirm your approval status.
- 3rd Step (After getting approval complete the provider application) : Make sure you have your application ID. If you are already a customer then follow the given instructions.
- For Existing customer : If you are already an existing customer or if you have an Application ID with an approval status, then request your credit at https://my.windstream.com/consumer/ACP-lifeline/enrollment
Claiming Procedure for Windstream Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit
If you want to claim credits, your application must be approved by the USAC or National Verifier. Wait until you received a response of “Qualified”. There are certain claim processes shown below:
- Make sure that you have received an approval status of “Qualified” from the site to verify eligibility.
- Fill out the Kinetic by Windstream Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) information that was submitted on https://my.windstream.com/consumer/ACP-lifeline/enrollment. This information must be the same to avoid any delayed process. In that case, take a screenshot that you submitted and use that same copy to fill out, and make sure that you input the exact information.
- Submit the qualification Application ID and match information via Kinetic by Windstream ACP.
- If your submission is processed and applied for credit then you will receive a confirmation email from Windstream.
- The total credit to your kinetic by Windstream account will appear on your next bill.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the connected device discount?
Kinetic by Windstream provides a tablet for $20 under this program, which actually costs $120. Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) eligible customers can receive a one-time discount of $100 credit on their bills.
Does the tablet come with a warranty?
Yes, you will get a one-year warranty facility with the discounted tablet. This dateline will start from the original date of your purchase. It also provides one year warranty on the box accessories.
How Tribal Lands get benefits from Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
FCC designed this Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit for people who actually are in need of benefits from the government. Tribal lands always remain in Federal Governments considerations to get facilities that they lack. In this program, FCC took this also into its consideration. That’s how FCC announced that the households from tribal land would automatically qualify for ACP. These households also get a $75 monthly discount on broadband internet.
How can existing Windstream customers enjoy Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)?
Existing Windstream customers are also welcome in Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) but they have to go through the eligibility process beforehand. After qualifying the FCC guidelines, the Windstream users will be switched to the new discount program automatically.
Since Windstream has a network across 18 states, the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is strong and available in those states through this provider. Being a long-trusted provider of high-speed internet, Windstream is proud to provide its wireless network to those who are facing unique financial struggles in this pandemic crisis. This private-public partnership is a great way to prove that any united and cordial initiative can overcome any challenges toward the peace of the nation. This specific initiative is keeping people stay connected, where nobody faces any communicative discrimination due to financial crisis. As FCC will continue this program for years, Windstream will also continue its support with high-speed and uninterrupted internet.