Unlike before when mobile phones were seen as a luxury, they are now part and parcel of our modern lives. We normally use these devices to communicate, do business, and even do research online. As we speak, there is a proliferation of modern tech devices with high-quality features all aimed at making our lives more convenient and comfortable. An increase of these devices has seen a rise in the number of carriers offering cellular services to different mobile users. Some carriers normally charge high fees while others charge relatively low prices.
Boost Mobile is one of those carriers that will guarantee value for your money as it offers a prepaid phone plan with low monthly bills and some data. Here, you will be able to enjoy HD video streaming, unlimited music streaming and so much more. This article will discuss more about Boost Mobile and whether it is GSM or CDMA.
Is Boost Mobile GSM or CDMA?
To start with Boost Mobile is owned by Sprint which normally runs on Sprint CDMA network. Therefore, there is no GSM network for this carrier. It is important to note that CDMA means Code Division Multiple Access.GSM on the other hand refers to the Global System for Mobiles.
The latter is a digital mobile network that is widely used by mobile phone users in Europe and other parts of the world. This network normally supports both cellular and data. With Boost mobile, you will not use SIM cards unlike if the carrier runs on GSM network. Therefore, you will need CDMA-compatible phones for you to enjoy the services of this carrier.
How To Check My Boost Mobile is CDMA or GSM?
For you determine if your Boost Mobile cell phone is CDMA or GSM, you should go to Setting on your phone and then the ‘About’ section. If you see an MEID or an ESN category, your phone is compatible with CDMA network.
However, if you see an IMEI category, your phone is GSM. However, if you see both details, then it shows that your phone supports both CDMA and GSM. Here, you can either choose to use either of these technologies and you will be good to go.
Can I Use an Unlocked Cell Phone For Boost Mobile?
Yes. Since most customers prefer choosing Boost Mobile services due to the flexibility of its mobile plans, you can now use your unlocked device with this carrier and you will be good to go. In fact, you can ask your carrier to unlock your device and then bring it to Boost Mobile.
Here, you will be given Boost Mobile SIM card where you will need to insert it into your device and then activate it on the new Boost Mobile network. However, the only unlocked phones that will work with Boost Mobile are Boost phones or Nextel phones.
What Phones are Compatible With Boost Mobile?
Some of the phones that are compatible with this carrier include:
- Apple iPhone 12 Series
- Moto G Fast
- LG Stylo 6
- LG Realm
- Apple iPhone SE
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- Samsung Galaxy A11
- LG Volt
- LG Optimus f7
Advantages of Choosing Boost Mobile Over Other Carriers
There are many advantage of choosing Boost Mobile over other carriers;
- To start with this carrier has good network coverage. Here, you will have the luxury to enjoy both 3G and 4g connectivity depending on your location. In fact, as we speak, Sprint is now working hard on expanding their 4G and 4G LTE service nationwide. As their network expands, you can trust that the data speeds will equally be fast.
- Besides the good network coverage, you will not sign a contract if you choose to use this carrier. Therefore, there is no any annual commitment with Boost Mobile. Here, you will have the luxury to pay for the service you want and move on if you want to. You are not tied to this carrier whatsoever. As a result, you will save more as there is no annual contacts and early termination fees involved.
- In addition, this carrier offers budget-friendly plans compared to other carriers. Besides this, it offers increased data for a limited time. For as low as $10, you will be able to enjoy 1GB of data with no contract. The following are the other plans that you can enjoy, thanks to this carrier’s pocket-friendly plans:
- 2GB for $15 plan
- 5GB for $25 plan
- 10GB for $35 plan
All the above-mentioned data plans are capped. If you are heavy internet user, you can choose $50/month plan. Here you will enjoy unlimited text, talk, and data with your high-speed data allotment will be increased to 2.5 GB. Once you go beyond this limit, internet speeds will be reduced to 2G speeds.
- Finally, if need more data, you can opt to choose $60/month plan, where you will get the normal unlimited talk, text and data. However, instead of the usual 2.5 GB, data allotment will be increased to 5GB. This plan is ideal if you really need more data back at home. Generally, depending on your budget, you will be at liberty to choose plan that best suits your needs.
- Finally, Boost Mobile has an incredible customer care team. If you have a question, an issue with this carrier, or any of its services, you can readily reach them on 1-866-402-7366. There is also a live chat that is available for you to use. All your queries will be well-answered by the customer care team.
From having pocket-friendly data pans to having good customer service, Boost Mobile has proved to be one of the best carriers to choose from. Generally, most people rush to this carrier in a bid to lower their cell phone bills. As we speak, Boost Mobile has access to T-Mobile network and its coverage map is now looking better than before. If you have a CMDA compatible phone you can readily enjoy the services of this carrier. Better still, you can unlock your device and enjoy the benefits that come with this carrier. Consider Boost Mobile today and you will get value for your hard-earned money.