Are you a city communications consumer who’s in need of a free phone? We are thrilled to inform you that you stand a chance to get a free phone from this carrier through a very easy process. This is because city communication is one of the most devoted telecommunication service provider that offers free or discounted wireless service to lifeline or ACP qualified consumers. Therefore, you can get a free phone from this carrier plus low cost internet services every month for easy connection, communication, virtual learning, conducting online businesses and many more. It’s crucial to state that before getting these offers, you must meet at least one of ACP eligibility requirements discussed below in this guide. Please keep reading this article to know more about city communication free phone.
Steps to Apply for the City Communications Free Phone
At this juncture, you’re already aware that it’s possible to get city communications free phone through the government’s ACP program. However, there’s a series of steps to follow before getting your free device. Let’s discuss this procedure to help you get started:
- 1st step: Establish eligibility: To get a free phone via ACP, you should first check whether you qualify for this program. This is by ensuring you meet ACP income based or program based requirements. This is a very crucial step because failure to meet these requirements, your free phone request will be rejected instantly. To know more about these requirements, kindly continue reading this article.
- 2nd step: Apply for the program: After establishing eligibility, you should now enroll for ACP or lifeline. The good news is that it’s very easy and fast to enroll for these programs. You can enroll online through the national lifeline verifier portal or through mail. Below is a quick guide on how to enroll for ACP:
- Enroll online:
- Open ACP online application form: getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D
- Enter your home address. That is: your street number/name, apartment, city, state and ZIP code
- Enter your email address and phone number and tap “next”
- Enter the last four digits of your social security number and follow prompt to complete and submit your application form.
- Enroll via mail:
- Download and print ACP paper application form through following instructions in this link: affordableconnectivity.gov/help/tools/#instructions.
- With your form at hand, fill the blank fields as required
- Attach all your supporting documents
- Mail your application form to: ACP support center, PO BOX 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- Enroll online:
NB: After submitting your applications through any of the following methods, ACP officials will scrutinize it and give approval instantly. After approval, you should now proceed to city wireless website or in-stores and claim your free phone.
- 3rd step: Receive your free device: This is the final yet most vital step of your application. Just as mentioned above, this step requires you to visit city communication offices or website and claim your free phone through the following steps:
- Visit city communication ACP online page: citycom.co.
- Sign up for a free device by tapping the “apply now” icon
- Follow subsequent on-screen instructions to sign up and submit your request
- Wait for verification
- Finally, they will dispatch your free cellphone to your valid address within few business days.
Requirements to Submit Your Application for City Communications Free Phone Under ACP
As you already know, you MUST qualify from lifeline or ACP before applying for city wireless free phone. In addition, you must attach relevant documents for verification. Let’s discuss these requirements and documents to make things at ease for you:
Who qualifies for the City Communications free phone?
- You qualify if you’re a low income consumer: Do you come from a low income family with an income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline? If yes, you are considered eligible for city communications free phone.
- You qualify if you participate in government assistance programs: If you receive help from any of the following federal or tribal land assistance program, you are also considered eligible for city communications free phone:
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(Tribal TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
Necessary documents to attach to the City Communications free phone application form
Below are copies of documents to attach to your city communications free phone application:
- Eligibility documents
- Supplemental security income benefit verification letter
- Bureau of Indian affairs general assistance benefit ward letter
- Head start approval letter
- Social security statement of benefits
- Veterans administration statement of benefits
- Paycheck stub
- Workers’ compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce decree or child support award
- Pension/retirement statement of benefits
- Identity and address documents
- Birth certificate
- US Driver’s license
- Certificate of US Citizenship
- Permanent resident card
- Government assistance program documents
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
Other Benefits that I Can Get After Qualifying for City Communications Free Phone
If you get approved for city communications free phone, you are bound to enjoy several other benefits. Below is a list of these benefits:
- You will get eligible for a monthly discount of up to $30 per month towards paying your wireless mobile or internet services
- If you are a qualified consumer on tribal land, you will get a monthly discount of up to $75 on your internet services
- You will also get eligible for unlimited streaming
- You will access free unlimited text and call services
- You will enjoy the company’s high coverage and super-fast connection
- You will access a very secure network with this company
- You are guaranteed a full time or 24/7 quality, customer support team
- You will access unlimited 5G internet services
- You will get a discount of up to $100 towards purchasing a tablet
Steps to Activate my City Communications Free Phone
When you get your free device, the next step should be to activate it immediately before using it. To activate, just charge you device to battery full> power it on> connect your device to WIFI and sign in in with your email address. Next, update your device, install required Apps and start enjoying the carrier’s free internet services.
My City Communications Free Phone Application Was Rejected? Why? What Should I do?
After submitting your free phone sign-up request, your application can get approved or rejected. If you experience a rejection, be sure that there’s something wrong with your application. Below are possible reasons behind this ordeal and how to solve it: Your application might get rejected if:
- You did not meet ACP eligibility requirements
- You did not attach relevant application documents or your documents were invalid or blurred
- You did not provide correct personal information as it appears on your identity documents
- You already own a free government device from another carrier. This also applies if there is another member of your household who already owns a free government device.
Below are tips that you should try once you get an application rejection:
- Try reapplying with valid application information as they appear on your documents
- Try attaching valid and well-visible application documents
- Make sure you or another of your family member don’t own a free government device.
How long will it take to receive the City Communications free phone?
The duration to receive your device depends with your home location. Is it far from city communications offices in Georgia, USA? It might take 5, 7 or even more days to receive your device. However, if your address is closer, it might take only 2 business days to receive your device.
How many people within my household can obtain the City Communications free phone?
ACP has a set of rules that govern how eligible consumers will receive their benefits. One of these rules states that only one person in a household can obtain a free phone.
What happens if I move out of an eligible area after qualifying for the City Communications free phone?
If you move out, you can opt to transfer your city communications ACP benefits to another provider that offers ACP services in your new area. As long as you retain your ACP eligibility, you can transfer your benefits to another provider very swiftly.
What should I do in case I experience issues with my City Communications free phone?
If you experience any issues, you should contact the company’s customer support team. Fortunately, this team is available throughout to offer assistance. To contact them, send an email to email@example.com or call +1 8778411166.
Am I allowed to use my own data plan with City Communications free phone?
Yes. City communication does not limit you from using your own data with their free phone rather that the provided free data plan. For instance, you can buy your own data for $20 per month and use them for your TV and internet services.