Cloud Mobile is known for its high-quality, sleek designs, high-resolution displays, and hotspot features. If you need a phone but cannot afford it, worry not, as you can now get one from the federal Lifeline or Affordable Connectivity Program. These programs will provide you with a free Cloud Mobile phone as long as you meet their income or program-based eligibility criteria.
In this article, I will bring you a comprehensive guide on how to get a free Cloud Mobile phone, how to qualify, and other associated benefits. I will also discuss the process of applying for your free Cloud Mobile phone, the documents required, and the carriers to consider.
Steps to Get a Cloud Mobile Free Phone
As you are aware, it is possible to obtain a free Cloud Mobile phone from the government’s Lifeline or ACP programs. However, there are a few steps you must take before receiving your free device.
- First, you must establish your eligibility for Lifeline or ACP. You can do this by ensuring that you meet the income or program participation requirements for either program. (We have discussed these requirements below on this page.)
- Once you have established your eligibility, the next step is to gather the documents that support your eligibility. These documents may include proof of income or proof of program participation.
- With your documents ready, the third step is to sign up for Lifeline or ACP. You can do this by filling out an application form on the FCC’s official website and submitting it.
- After submitting the form, the final step is to contact your free phone provider and request a free device. You can do this by calling them, visiting their official website, or going to their physical office.
Carriers that Offer Cloud Mobile Free Phone
Cloud Mobile is a manufacturer, not a wireless service provider, and therefore does not offer free government phones directly. Instead, it partners with select Lifeline or ACP carriers to offer free phones to eligible consumers on behalf of the government. Please note that these carriers do not disclose the types of phones that they offer for free. Instead, they offer any phone at random, based on your state and availability. This means that if there is any free Cloud Mobile phone available at the time of application, your carrier will send it to you without hesitation.
As of now, TruConnect has confirmed that they will be offering a free Stratus C7 Cloud Mobile phone to eligible ACP consumers. Other Lifeline/ACP carriers that are likely to offer a free Cloud Mobile phone, as long as they are available at the time of application, include:
- AirTalk Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- enTouch Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- Access Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Excess Telecom
- Heritage Wireless
- Hadodo Wireless
- Torch Wireless
- Unity Wireless
Requirements to Apply For a Cloud Mobile Free Phone
The following section will discuss the requirements for applying for a free cloud mobile phone, the documents needed, and the application process. Please continue reading for more information.
Qualifications that I should meet to get a Cloud Mobile free phone
- To qualify though Lifeline: To qualify through lifeline, you should have an income at or below 135% of the federal poverty guideline. You can also qualify if you are a participant of the following program:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(Tribal TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- To qualify through ACP: To qualify through ACP, you should have an income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline. In addition, you can qualify if you participate in any of the following programs:
- Supplemental Security Income
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- You received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- You are a beneficiary of Free and Reduced-Price School Breakfast Program or School Lunch Program including at the USDA community of Eligibility Provision.
Documents should I submit when applying for the Cloud Mobile free phone
The following documents are required when applying for a cloud mobile free device:
- Proof of identity:
- Government-issued ID (state, military, or tribal)
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Green card or permanent resident card
- Proof of income or program qualification:
- SNAP Statement of benefits
- Medicaid approval letter
- Tribal head start consent letter
- FPHA Benefit award letter
- Pension or retirement statement of benefits
- Current income statement from your employer
- Prior year’s state, Tribal or Federal tax return
- Paycheck stub
- Social Security statement of benefits
Process to Apply for the Cloud Mobile Free Phone
Have you met lifeline or ACP eligibility requirements? Do you have all your documents ready? You can now proceed with your application through the following process:
1. Process to apply online
- Apply for lifeline online: To apply for Lifeline, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Lifeline application portal: “getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“.
- Select your state or territory.
- Click on the “Get Started” icon.
- The hyperlink will redirect you to the Lifeline online application page.
- Complete the available form by providing your correct name, date of birth, home address, contact details, etc.
- Attach copies of any of the documents discussed above and follow on-screen instructions as required.
- Once you complete your application, click on the “Submit” button and wait for approval.
- Follow the prompts to complete and submit your application.
- You will then receive application approval from the National Verifier.
- Apply for ACP online: To apply for the ACP, please follow these steps:
- Go to the ACP official website: “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply” and click on the “Apply Now” button.
- The link will redirect you to the application form page: “getinternet.gov/apply?awsl=button-from-how-to-apply&id=acp&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“.
- Fill in the form with your valid street number, city, and ZIP code.
- Provide your correct email address and phone number.
- Verify your identity by providing the last four digits of your social security number. Alternatively, you can attach personal official documents like a passport, driver’s license, Military ID, Taxpayer ID number, or tribal ID number.
- Follow the other instructions required and submit your form upon completion.
2. Steps to apply through mail
- Apply for lifeline via mail: To apply for Lifeline service, please follow these steps:
- Download the Lifeline paper application form from the USAC website: “usac.org/lifeline/rules-and-requirements/forms“.
- Print the form and complete it accurately.
- Attach copies of the required supporting documents.
- Mail your application to the following address: USAC, Lifeline Support Center, P.O Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
- Apply for ACP via mail: Please follow these steps to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP):
- Download and print the ACP paper application form from the following link: affordableconnectivity.gov/help/tools/#instructions
- Through the same link, download the household worksheet.
- Complete the two forms correctly as required.
- Attach copies of your identity and eligibility documents.
- Mail your forms to the following address: ACP support center, PO BOX 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
3. Steps to apply though your carrier
- If you would rather not follow the aforementioned procedures, you may apply for a free phone directly through your service provider. However, you must first establish your eligibility for ACP or Lifeline and gather the necessary documentation.
- Once you have done so, identify a provider that offers a free cloud mobile phone. For example, TruConnect Wireless offers the Cloud Mobile C7.
- After you have identified your carrier, you can visit their physical store or contact them for assistance. You can also visit their website and start your free phone application by clicking the “Apply” button.
- You will then be directed to your carrier’s online application form. Complete the form as required and click the “Submit” button.
- Your carrier will then forward your application to the national verifier for approval and provide you with feedback within a few business days.
- If your application is approved, your free cloud mobile phone will be shipped to your address immediately.
4. Check Your Application Status
How to check your free phone application status depends on your service provider. But most providers have a “check status” icon on their website. Once you click on the icon, you’ll need to log in to your ACP account and check the status of your application request. You can also check your application status by contacting your carrier’s customer support team or chatting with a live agent through their website.
5. Get Approved and Receive Cloud Mobile phone
If your application for a free Cloud Mobile phone is approved, you will receive your phone within a few business days. If your application for a free Cloud Mobile phone is rejected, it may be because you did not meet the eligibility requirements, you attached incomplete or incorrect documentation, or there was an error with your application. You can reapply for a free phone after 90 days.
Activate Your Cloud Mobile Free Phone Once You Receive It
To activate your Cloud Mobile free phone, please follow these steps:
- Power off your device.
- Install your carrier’s SIM card in your device.
- Power on your device and follow the on-screen instructions to set it up.
- Select your default language.
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and create your unique PIN.
Please note that you may need to contact your carrier for additional activation instructions.
Suppose I Qualify for Lifeline/ACP, Which Model Shall I Get from Cloud Mobile?
The following are models of cloud mobile phones that you are likely to receive for free from Lifeline/ACP providers:
- Storm C3 Plus
- Stratus C5
- Stratus C7
Benefits that I Will Enjoy After Qualifying and Getting the Cloud Mobile Free Phone
Upon qualifying and receiving your free Cloud Mobile phone, you will be entitled to several other benefits. For example, if you qualified through Lifeline, you will receive a monthly discount of $9.25 on your telecommunications services. Alternatively, if you qualified through ACP, you will receive a monthly discount of $30, or up to $75 on tribal land, on your monthly broadband services. The following are other benefits that you may enjoy, depending on your service provider:
- Free unlimited calls
- Free unlimited texts
- Free unlimited data
- Free SIM card kit
- Free phone activation
- Free shipping
- Voice calling
- Access to emergency services
Why was My Cloud Mobile Free Phone Request Rejected?
The following are some of the most common reasons why your Cloud Mobile free phone application may have been rejected:
- You did not meet the Lifeline/ACP eligibility requirements.
- You attached incorrect, invalid, or unclear application documents.
- There is another member of your household who already owns a free government phone.
- You are not an American citizen.
If you believe that your application was rejected in error, please contact Cloud Mobile customer service for assistance.
Is Cloud Mobile free phone completely free?
Based on the context, the answer is No. Cloud Mobile free phones are not completely free. You will need to pay for the monthly service plan. However, the phone itself is free if you qualify for Lifeline or ACP benefits.
How long will it take to receive the Cloud Mobile free phone?
The time it takes to receive a free phone from your lifeline/ACP service provider may vary from 3 to 10 business days, depending on the provider. Please allow for this time frame when requesting a free phone.
Is the Cloud Mobile free phone of high quality? Is it reliable?
Yes, cloud mobile phones are generally of high quality and reliable. Most of these devices feature high-quality cameras, ample storage, reliable batteries, and large, clear display screens.
Can I replace my cloud mobile free phone after damage or theft?
If a cloud mobile free phone is received with a mechanical defect, the respective carrier may provide a free replacement device. However, if the device is received in good condition and is subsequently lost or damaged, a free replacement will not be provided. This is because lifeline/ACP service providers do not offer free phone warranties. In this case, the customer will need to replace the device at a cost.