In today’s world, we all know the practicing power of the internet. People are now somehow solely dependent on online jobs and services that are useless without the internet. Accessing the internet with equality is the most important thing when we dream of a digital world. This covid-19 pandemic has brought many unwanted changes to our lives making many of us job loss or income depletion. But since we talk about the internet that takes anyone anywhere without inequality, the federal government wants to make sure that no one gets deprived of it due to this financial depletion. So, the Federal Communications Commission initiated the Emergency Broadband Benefit program (EBB) to provide a maximum discount on broadband service.
After closing this temporary aid program, FCC started another subsidy initiative named the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to replace the EBB program. With ACP, eligible households can receive monthly discounted high-speed internet starting from March 2022.
Comcast came forward as a leading network company and participated in this initiative to assist people who are struggling financially in this situation. Many Americans have been leaving their jobs or losing business or experiencing income loss due to financial unrest. Now they can enjoy their virtual life by paying a minimalized bill through ACP. In this article, we will discuss the details of the Comcast Affordable Connectivity Program and the way can enjoy this benefit.
What is The Comcast Affordable Connectivity Program?
Comcast Corporation is a global technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is famous for delivering high-speed internet through the brand XFINITY. Besides security and automation services this company also offers wireless cellphone and Internet services. This company has millions of customers in 39 States. Comcast always steps forwards with new facilities for their customers including commitment, integrity, and trust. First, they participated in the EBB program along with the Federal government. Now, Comcast again came forward with the most recent Federal Government program named ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program). ACP is a permanent service designed to help low-income households who are struggling to pay for high-speed internet service. With this service, Comcast users will receive a monthly credit of up to $30 (up to $75 per month for eligible customers in Tribal land). Whether you are a new Comcast user or older, both qualified households can apply to enroll in this program. Remember, ACP has limited the program to one discount per household and this program is nontransferable. That means each household will receive one benefit only. Comcast ensures affordable, reliable, and strong high-speed internet connection with the ACP.
Will Existing Comcast Users Get The ACP benefit?
Comcast has been facilitating its customers with discount and promotional offers through its Xfinity brand. The customers with low-income have been rewarded with discounts to stay connected uninterruptedly. The good thing is you will still enjoy your existing Xfinity promotional rate besides the new ACP benefits if you also qualify for it. You will be allowed to enjoy both the benefits for a longer time until FCC keeps the ACP active. But first, you will have to qualify and enroll for the ACP program.
Why Should You Choose Comcast for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
Beforehand this crisis begins, Comcast had already established itself as one of the most reliable network companies in the US. It has longstanding fame for its continuous effort to help people connect with stable and high-speed internet. They have been helping low-income customers even long before the EBB and ACP program was initiated. During this pandemic, their extra effort to ensure and offer multiple internet services to the customers with cordiality won many hearts. Immediately after the pandemic started, Comcast opened up millions of hotspots for the users even those who are not Xfinity customers. They came up with internet essential services for the large numbers of students to continue their education.
So, the company, as a proven service provider can be trusted in this emergency time. You can choose one of their plans with the ACP program and start to get satisfied from day one. Their wide-ranged service with speedy connection will let your job done within your time.
Am I eligible for Comcast Affordable Connectivity Program?
If any member of your household meets any of the criteria formed by the FCC, then Comcast will consider your household as eligible for the ACP benefits. Here are some of the certain eligibility criteria mentioned below.
- If the yearly income range of a household is below the FCC guidelines then that household can apply for ACP. For a single filer, the yearly income should be under $99,000 and for joint filers, the yearly income should be below $198,000. The income here is countable only for the year 2020.
- Any one of your households Lifeline Membership of the SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), Medicaid, SSI (Supplemental Security Income), Federal public housing assistance, and Veterans survivor Pensions Benefits Fund will be able to enroll as Comcast ACP eligible.
- If anyone lost a job or got a termination letter or was furloughed since February 29 of 2020 will be considered for ACP.
- The household income should be less than or equal to 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. This income range is regarded as low-income and these types of households are eligible for the Comcast ACP benefits.
- Student of your household who already qualifies for the free and reduced-price school lunch/breakfast program during the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year.
- who received a federal Pell Grant in the current years can apply as eligible for the ACP benefits.
How to Enroll in the Comcast Affordable Connectivity Program?
Here are some steps that you should follow to enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
For New Customers
For new Xfinity Internet customers
- A new customer should check eligibility through the National Verifier https://www.checklifeline.org/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true. If you are eligible, then visit “xfinity.com” to sign up.
- If you get confirmation that you have enrolled by the National verifier in Xfinity internet service then enroll in the ACP.
- Complete the consent and application process by using your Xfinity ID.
- Ensure that all information is correct (Name, address, etc.). The information that you have given to the national verifier should match the Xfinity Affordable Connectivity Program application form.
For new Internet Essentials Customers
- If you are an Essential customer then should apply for Internet essential.
- After activating the internet essential service, enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Complete the consent and application process by using your Xfinity ID.
All Existing Customers
Existing Xfinity Internet Customers
- Existing customers of Xfinity service will also need to be eligible to enroll in the ACP program.
- The national verifier system must confirm if either you are eligible for the program or not. If you are eligible, then you have to enroll in the ACP program. While applying for the ACP, you must use your Xfinity ID and other documents.
- Provide the same information to the Xfinity ACP application form that you submitted to the National Verifier.
Exiting Internet Essentials Customers
- Fortunately, existing internet essential customers are already eligible, they do not need to check through the National Verifier. Just need to complete the enrollment.
- Enroll for the Affordable Connectivity Program by using your ID to complete the application process.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is ACP the same as EBB?
Technically there is a bit of difference between the EBB program and the ACP. Those programs were designed to play a similar function. FCC created the EBB program as a temporary benefit, while the ACP will last for years as a permanent benefit. An ACP household can receive $30 per month, whereas an EBBP household can receive a maximum of $50 per month. For both programs, tribal benefits are the same and gadget purchases are subsidized.
How long will the Suddenlink Affordable Connectivity Program last?
According to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), this program will last for years. FCC introduced the EBB program as a temporary form but ACP as a permanent form. Individuals and households eligible for the subsidy can enjoy it until they need it.
I am enrolled in EBB. Do I need to do anything to enroll in ACP?
Yes, you are still eligible for the ACP program as long as you meet its eligibility requirements (a bit different from the EBB program). Being an EBB customer, you should contact through email before the end of February with necessary documents regarding ACP.
Can my ACP credit be transferred between service providers?
The ACP has few limitations as one can be applied per household and it can be applied to one provider at a time. You may transfer your ACP program to another participating provider at any time. The subsidy benefit will remain the same for each provider.
Accessing the internet with equality can make our nation balanced in rights. Because today, every service, every device, and every job or business is run by the internet. Without it, there would be no equity in the country. So, continuing the ongoing support for the customers, Comcast took it to an advanced level by joining the FCC initiative. You can join anytime if you experienced in loss due to this pandemic. Comcast is ready to provide you with high-speed internet with a monthly discount under this Affordable Connectivity Program. So that you can fill up our household demand for unlimited data, text, and call.