The good news is that today, there are initiatives and programs that are government-funded with the aim of making the internet and the opportunity that comes alongside it accessible to everyone, especially to low-income households. The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and the Lifeline Program are two of the government assistance programs hoping to make communication services affordable to low-income households and people. Through these programs, you can get a free iPhone or other brands of smartphones as well as discounts on monthly broadband services.
Some people may think that receiving an iPhone 11 for free is too good to be true. After all, the iPhone 11 is one of the most technologically advanced smartphones on the market, with exceptionally high quality and advanced features. It is also one of the most expensive phone brands, which may surprise some, especially if it can be obtained for free. In this article, we will explain how to get a free government iPhone 11, eligibility, requirements, and documents, the application process, providers that offer free or discounted iPhone 11, and other ways to get a free iPhone 11.
Does Really Possible To Get a Free Government iPhone 11
No, you cannot get a free iPhone 11 from the government, but you can get the 6, 7, and even 8 through the Lifeline and ACP programs. The government often provides mid-range or entry-level smartphones to eligible low-income households through the Affordable Connectivity Program and Lifeline. As a result, the government does not provide the iPhone 11 for free through any of these government assistance programs, though a few providers through the initiative to provide the iPhone 6, 7, and 8. However, if you work for the government, have a direct military connection as a veteran, or have an indirect military connection as the closest family relation to someone in the military, you may be eligible for one of the most recent iPhone brands or entry levels.
The iPhone 11 is not the most recent iPhone model, but it is one of the most recent. Unfortunately, because it is one of the most recent iPhones and still expensive, you will not be able to obtain a free iPhone 11 through the ACP or Lifeline programs. Nonetheless, we aren’t ruling out the possibility of receiving a free iPhone 11 from the government in a couple of years when the model becomes obsolete.
Provider Deals To Get a Almost Free iPhone 11
There is currently no provider that offers a free government iPhone 11 to customers. Nevertheless, there are some deals; special discounts or offers, and requirements like trading in a previous iPhone brand by some providers that can provide you with a free iPhone 11. Furthermore, it is also important to note that receiving a free iPhone from providers or carriers can come with some restrictions, some of which include exclusivity to the carrier and its services.
- Boost Mobile : The retail price of the iPhone 11 is $499, but you will be able to save $150 through Boost Mobile as the iPhone 11 goes for $349.99.
- AT&T : The retail price of the AT&T iPhone 11 is $499.99, although it can be paid in installments over 36 months at $13.89 per month with no added interest. Furthermore, the option of trading in your old device for the iPhone 11 is also available at AT&T.
- Verizon : The iPhone 11 costs $279.99, although customers were able to pay monthly installments of $7.77 per month for 36 months at 0% APR. However, today, you can get the iPhone 11 for free on Verizon if you switch to the carrier line by opening an unlimited line with them. All you have to do is visit the website, be qualified to pay $0 for 36 months, add a new line, and choose a Verizon plan.
- Mint Mobile : The iPhone 11 costs $499.00 and can be paid for in monthly installments of $41.58 for 12 months, $27.72 for 18 months, and $20.79 for 24 months.
- T-Mobile : The T-Mobile iPhone 11 price starts at $20.84 per month for 24 months. It requires no down payment and totals $500.16 for the iPhone 11 after the final installment payment is made.
- Metro by T-Mobile : The pricing options for the iPhone 11 on this carrier include:
- Need a new number: If you require a new local number, you can save $100 and get the iPhone 11 for $399.99.
- Bring your number: If you are a new customer with an existing number, you can save up to $400 and get the iPhone 11 for $99.
- Access Wireless : The iPhone starts at a starting price of $20 per month with 0% APR. The total cost is $399, which can be paid in installments for 20 months or less, depending on the amount paid every month.
- SafeLink Wireless : The iPhone costs $399. However, it doesn’t have to be paid for all at once, as it can be paid for in installments with 4 interest-free payments of $100.
Other Possible Way to Get a Free iPhone 11
Free iPhone 11 can not only be obtained through government-assisted projects or carriers. There are some other ways to obtain free iPhone 11 which will be highlighted below.
- Becoming an iPhone reviewer campaign
- Participation in legitimate online surveys that offer iPhone 11
- Entering legitimate giveaway contests that offer free iPhone 11
- Amazon Vine participation
- Becoming an Apple marketing agent for free
- Finding retailers’ promotional deals for free iPhone 11
- Job openings and offers
- Apple product testing
What Free iPhones Government Offer Rather Than the iPhone 11?
The few providers offering iPhones to eligible customers through government-funded initiatives provide non-latest iPhones, not the iPhone 11. The brands of iPhones given to eligible households for free are:
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
Can I Get an iPhone 13 for free?
No, getting a free iPhone 13 isn’t possible, but through carrier deals, you can save. Examples of some of the carriers are Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Boost Mobile, and so on.
Can I Get an iPhone 12 for free?
No, the chances of getting the iPhone 12 for free are slim, but you can save through carrier deals. However, with Verizon, which is a pretty recent offer, you can get the iPhone 12 for free. This offer requires no trade-in, as long as you can switch to the carrier or add a new line and be eligible to make a $0.00 monthly payment for 36 months.
Steps To Get Other iPhone Model For Free Under Government Program
If you are willing to settle for older iPhone models and disregard the possibility of receiving a free government iPhone 11, you can continue reading about how to obtain a free government iPhone.
You can get a free government iPhone 6, 7, and 8 through either of these government-funded initiatives: ACP or Lifeline. Below are the steps you need to follow to receive a free government iPhone.
- Eligibility: To receive a free government iPhone, you must first be eligible and qualify for a government assistance program, which can be ACP or Lifeline.
- Documents showing your eligibility: You must have official documents capable of backing up your eligibility claim and identity.
- Apply: If you are eligible and have the required documents, then you can proceed with the application process to receive a free government iPhone.
- The final step is finding an Affordable Connectivity Program or Lifeline provider offering free government iPhones in your location or state of residence.
1. Qualification Requirements To Get Other Model Free Government iPhone
ACP and Lifeline are two of the most popular government-aided programs aiming to bring communication services closer and more affordable to low-income households. To be eligible for a free iPhone, some of the most important criteria are that participants must be over 18 years old, or be an emancipated minor, have a document showing household income, and be a resident of states where providers offer telecommunication services. Nonetheless, we will provide the complete criteria to qualify for a free government iPhone through Lifeline and ACP government-assisted programs.
To be eligible for a free government iPhone, you or someone in your household must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Low Income: The annual income of your household should be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Participation in government assistance programs: There must be a member of the household that participates in government assistance programs such as:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP),
- Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistant (FPHA),
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit,
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI),
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance,
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families,
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, and Head Start.
ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program)
Eligibility for a free government iPhone must meet at least one of these requirements:
- Low income: The annual household income should meet the Federal Poverty Guidelines and be at or below 200%
- Participation in government-assistance programs: The household, or at least a member of the household, participates in a Lifeline program.
- Participation of a household member in the Special Supplementary Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, which is also a government-assistance program.
- Federal Pell Grant: If the household received such a grant within the current award year, then they are eligible for a free government iPhone.
- A household that receives and enjoys programs such as the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Programs, or the U.S. Department of Agriculture Community Eligibility Provision
2. Documents Requirement For Applying a Other Model Free Government iPhone
To apply for a free government iPhone, you must have official documents showing your identity, age, and eligibility for the program. Below are some of the documents you will need depending on your eligibility criteria and your chosen provider:
- Personal Identification Documents: This must be an official document carrying your name. It must show your first and last name as it will be used to verify your identity. Examples of this include:
- Driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- The Permanent Resident or Green Card
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Documents verifying your address: This can include:
- Utility bill
- Government, state, military or Tribal ID
- Tax return or most recent W-2.
- Documents proving annual household income: Examples of such documents include:
- Federal, state, or Tribal tax return in the prior year
- Divorce decree
- Income statement from current employer or paycheck stubs
- Unemployment benefits statement or worker’s compensation statement
- Pension statement of benefits or retirement
- Veteran Administration Statement of Benefits
- Child support
- Government-assistance program documents
- Approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
3. Apply Process To Get a Other Model Free Government iPhone
To receive a free government iPhone, you must first be eligible and have the proper documents before applying through your chosen provider. The next step after meeting the eligibility criteria and having supporting documents is to start the application process. In the subsequent part of the article, we will explain how to apply for a free government iPhone through your provider of choice.
There are three ways to apply for a free government iPhone via the ACP or Lifeline program. They include: online, directly from your choice of provider, or via mail. In the following paragraph, we will explain the three methods to apply for a free iPhone via Lifeline, ACP, or both.
Direct Application at Selected Provider
This direct application approach at your provider of choice is one of the ways you can apply for a free government iPhone. However, you must be sure that the provider offers free government iPhones and services in your state of residence. During the application process, inquiries can be made about how to proceed and receive the free government iPhone.
Application via Online Support Center
To apply for a free government iPhone via ACP or Lifeline online support center, below are the steps you will need to follow:
- To apply for the ACP program, visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&amp;amp;ebbp=true. To apply for Lifeline, click on nv.fcc.gov/lifeline.
- Choose your state of residence if prompted and select “Get Started.”
- Login for existing customers or sign up if you are new.
- Complete the online application form with the right information and attach any required supporting documents.
- Proceed with the application process by selecting “Next,” and submit when you are done.
Application to Support Center via Mail
To apply for a free government iPhone at ACP or Lifeline via mail, you can follow these steps:
- Print the ACP application via affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf, and the Lifeline application via lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf.
- Application for the ACP program will include a Household Worksheet, which is downloadable at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf
- Fill the forms and add supporting documents.
- Mail the document(s) to ACP or Lifeline support center at PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Provider That Offers Other Model Free Government iPhone
To be eligible for a free government iPhone, your provider must have coverage in your state of residence. The providers that offer free government iPhones, not the iPhone 11, but older models, will be highlighted below. Furthermore, we will also explain the steps you have to follow to receive your free government iPhone.
1. AirTalk Wireless
AirTalk offers a free government iPhone and free unlimited monthly text, talk, and data to eligible households via the Lifeline and/or ACP programs. The provider services are available in these states: Wisconsin, California, Kentucky, South Carolina, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Michigan.
The application process for the free government iPhone via the provider for the ACP and Lifeline programs is:
- Go to airtalkwireless.com
- Select “Apply Now”
- Enter your ZIP code. Click on “Apply Now”
- If the provider doesn’t provide services in your area but does in one of its affiliate companies, NewPhone Wireless or Cintex, you will be redirected to their websites, where you can begin your application process.
- If the company provides services in your area, you will be redirected to the available government-assistance plan options in your state of residence. This can include ACP or Lifeline Plan, or a combination plan of ACP and Lifeline.
- Choose the best-fitting plan and select “Apply Now.”
- Fill in the company’s online application form with the right information.
- Progress to subsequent pages on the online application form by selecting “Next” and finally submitting the application.
- You will be notified via email if your application is approved.
- You will receive your free government iPhone within a few days, alongside other connectivity benefits.
2. Cintex Wireless
This ACP and Lifeline provider offers free government iPhones, which include the iPhone and other smartphone brands, and free monthly services that include unlimited text, talk, and data. The company’s services span these states: Wisconsin, Alabama, Alaska, West Virginia, Texas, Arkansas, California, Tennessee, Colorado, Delaware, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Georgia, Idaho, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Kansas, Iowa, Oklahoma, New Jersey, Maine, Kentucky, New Hampshire, Montana, Michigan, Maryland, Missouri, Mississippi, and Minnesota.
To apply for a free government iPhone, visit the official website at cintexwireless.com and follow the steps which are similar to those identified above.
3. NewPhone Wireless
This company also offers eligible households free government iPhones and other smartphone brands, as well as free monthly services of unlimited talk, text, and data under the ACP and Lifeline programs. The provider has services in these states: Washington, Vermont, Alabama, Alaska, Texas, Tennessee, Arkansas, Colorado, South Dakota, Oregon, Connecticut, Delaware, Oklahoma, North Dakota, District of Columbia, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Nevada, Idaho, Illinois, Montana, Mississippi, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, and Maryland.
To start the application process, visit the official website at newphone.com and follow similar steps as highlighted above.
4. SFone Wireless
This provider currently serves fewer states in comparison to the aforementioned companies. The states include: Arkansas, West Virginia, Maine, Rhode Island, and Maryland, although they hope to expand to more states and might reach yours soon. The provider also offers eligible households a free iPhone and other brands of smartphones.
Does Apple offer a free iPhone?
Generally, Apple does not offer free iPhones. However, if you are a staff member or work with or for the company, directly or indirectly by being a marketer, promoter, or reviewer, you may get a free iPhone from them. You may receive a free iPhone from Apple by being a reviewer. You can start by filling out an application with a positive product review. If your application is approved and picked as the best review, you may earn a free iPhone. However, if none of these options are successful and you have an old iPhone, you can trade it in for the new iPhone, either in person or via mail, with Apple’s trade-in option.