As one of the leading internet service providers in the USA, Optimum offers faster speeds with low pricing to the customers. It has a variety of network services including video streaming devices, smart Wi-Fi 6, advanced fiber-based internet service, news service, safety feature in internet browsing, and many more essential and interesting feature users. Not only services for payments, Optimum always tries its best to meet its customer’s necessities. Optimum proved its cordiality to the people who have been struggling to cope with economic unrest. Optimum announced a discount on its broadband internet service in response to the federal government’s EBB program last year which is currently Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
The Federal Communications Commission came up with this temporary EBBP (Emergency Broadband Benefit program) to help people with internet discounts who lost their jobs or income due to this pandemic. After terminating the EBBP, FCC then initiated a new plan called the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). The target of this program is to aid low-income people with unlimited internet at discounted prices for years. So that those households can continue their online work without any struggle. People don’t need to lose jobs, instead, they can work virtually. With Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), job seekers can look for jobs online, students can attend their virtual classrooms, families can take their health services online. Optimum came up with all its efforts to aid people with maximum and uninterrupted internet service which got praised by people across the country.
What is the Optimum Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)?
Optimum already provides advanced fiber-based high-speed internet, TV package, and streaming plan. But under this Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), Optimum offers up to a $30 monthly discount to the eligible households. FCC made a guideline to nominate the households who can qualify and receive this benefit. There are other offers like discounts of up to $100 in purchasing tablets, free smartphones with specific models, etc. The guidelines are based on the monthly income which refers that whether the household is eligible to get Affordable Connectivity Program benefits or not. You can first check your eligibility then apply online to get the benefits. FCC takes a maximum of one or two days to complete the procedure.
Remember, you will be eligible if you lost your job during this pandemic. Or if your income is reduced due to the crisis. People who are already participating in specific governments programs will also get this benefit. But you will have to show the documents that support your demands. FCC defines ACP as a permanent program that will last for years. And still, Optimum’s advanced and customer-friendly service will be available for you. Both the new and running users of Optimum can enjoy the benefits.
Why Choose Optimum for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefits?
Optimum has several internet packages with various types of internet connections that offer up to 1 Giga with its next-generation fastest fiber network. It offers seven plans with unlimited data that varies over the state. Optimum has more than 2 million Wi-Fi hotspots with free internet access across the states. It has opened up these hotspots for non-members. It uses smart WI-FI 6 technology which is three times faster than regular Wi-Fi. This service is suitable for households that use multiple devices.
Their internet plans feature built-in internet security to identify potential online threats. With a nationwide network coverage, Optimum provides mobile phone services also. It doesn’t charge any hidden fees, annual contract, or multiline commitment with optimum mobile. Optimum is proudly supporting the communities through the Federal Government Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit. This program allows you to stay connected and save up to $30/mo. By this program, Optimum offers credits to internet customers so that customers can get a monthly credit on the bill toward internet service and equipment.
How do I get the Optimum Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefits?
To get the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program benefits, you must qualify according to the guidelines. Suppose your employer forced you to leave or you got furloughed or you had to shut down your business, then you will get this benefit as one household. Since it’s a per household program, your household will only get benefits as one household. You will have to complete the application procedure with the relevant documents. Then call Optimum customer service to choose them as the service provider and enroll your membership. It will take two or three days to get the broadband service started.
Eligibility for the Optimum Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefits?
The federal government especially the FCC created a guideline to make it clear who can enroll in and enjoy Affordable Connectivity Program benefits. The guidelines say If:
- The household already qualifies for the Lifeline
- You were laid off or got furlough notice since February 29, 2020.
- The yearly income of your household should meet the new FCC guidelines to apply for Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). This yearly income may vary depending on the state you are living in. As an example, for an individual living in Alaska should have an income maximum of $32,180 but in Hawaii, it is $29,640. For a household consisting of 3 or 4 members, the income size is $54,900 in Alaska and $50,520 in Hawaii.
- The income of the household is below 200% as of the federal poverty guideline.
- You already enjoy the free and reduced-price school lunch program.
- If you enjoy one of the Government assistant programs like- Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, Federal Public Housing Assistance, VA Pensions benefit fund, etc.
- You receive the Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- You are a New York resident and attending City Public School
Required documents to apply for Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
Existing Optimum customers are required to deliver these documents during the application process:
- Copy of Optimum bill or order confirmation email.
- Social security number/Driver’s license/passport/ID/Taxpayer Identification Number (Individual) with name and date of birth.
- Proof of eligibility.
The eligibility documents that you have to attach should be related to the type of your eligibility. Those are:
- Recent Tribal TANF letter or card. Current BIA card
- Prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General assistance (SNAP, Medicaid, etc.)
- Free or reduced school meal award letter
- Current income statement
- Tax return in 2019 or 2020
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment statements
- A written or online confirmation copy of receiving Pell grant for the current award year.
- Other official documents containing income information
- For New York City Public School- children school ID and the name.
Any of these documents will take you through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Moreover, if you think you are qualify because you participate in government’s aid programs, then the FCC
Requires some documents.
How to apply for the Optimum Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit?
The application process of the optimum Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is simple and easy. Follow the steps given below:
- You must be an Optimum account holder
- Get approval from the national verifier
- You must use the person and service address listed on your account while applying
- Fill out your application online https://www.optimum.com/affordable-connectivity-program
- Upload your approval letter from the National Verifier in 45 days
- You must include your proof of identity (driver’s license, passport, government-issued ID)
- If you will be qualified then you will get a confirmation email
Fortunately, Optimum is proudly participating in FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program to keep the customers and communities connected to the online world. Optimum has been committed to bridging the digital gap to ensure citizens for high-quality reliable broadband services. With the participation of Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), this company is serving the community with a monthly credit to make their customer happy. Already Optimum is blessed with customer satisfaction, with this tremendous offer they are more valuable for Optimum users.