Are you searching for Selectel wireless free phone and tablet? The good news is that you can get these devices for free once you qualify for the Affordable connectivity program. To qualify, you must be a low income household or a participant of government assistance programs like Medicaid, SSI or SNAP. In our page today, I’ll broadly discuss, how to get free phone and tablet from Selectel wireless under ACP, how to qualify and application procedure to follow. For more insight, read through to the end!
How Do I Get Selectel Wireless Free Phone And Tablet
We have mentioned in the overview part that this service provider offers free phone and tablet through the Affordable Connectivity Program. This is a federal communication program that was initiated to continue offering EBB benefits. Precisely, this program offers discounted broadband services and devices to qualified low income households that enables them to lean online, work online, access healthcare or connect with loved ones more affordably. To work effectively, this program partners with several companies that offers varying benefits depending with your state. Fortunately, Selectel wireless is one of these companies.
The good news is that through this Carrier’s ACP, you will not only get a free smartphone but also a free tablet. All you need to do is meet ACP eligibility requirements discussed below in this guide and you shall be good to go. Besides meeting these requirements, you also need to attach supporting documents and be within the carrier’s coverage areas before enjoying these benefits. To know whether your area is eligible, visit their official website, tap the “location” icon and enter your address.
Steps Of Getting Selectel Wireless Free Phone And Tablet
As of now, you’re aware that Selectel free phone and tablet are given through the affordable connectivity program. Therefore, you must enroll for this program before requesting for a free phone or tablet from this carrier. Below are steps to follow when applying for free phone and tablet from this provider:
1. Establish qualification
To get a free phone and tablet from Selectel wireless, you must qualify for ACP. This is through meeting the programs or income requirements discussed below:
- To qualify through income, you must come from a low income household, whose total income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline
- Alternatively, you can qualify through program participation. Below are programs that qualify you for these benefits:
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(Tribal TANF)
- Tribal Head Start
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Supplemental Security Income and Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- You are also considered eligible for this benefit if you have received a Federal Pell grant in the current academic year.
- You also qualify if you have a child in any qualifying school that takes part in CEP.
2. Gather application documents
Upon qualifying for ACP, you should attach documents to support your qualification. Besides, you should also attach documents holding proof of your identity. Here are copies of documents needed to attach when applying for these benefits:
- Personal documents
- Government-issued, state, military, or Tribal ID
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
- Your passport
- Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization
- U.S Driver’s license
- Green card or permanent resident card.
- Address documents:
- Mortgage or lease statement
- W-2 or tax return
- Utility bill
- Eligibility documents:
- Social Security Statement of Benefits
- Prior year’s Federal State or Tribal tax return
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation Statement of Benefits
- Paycheck stub
- Child support award
- Current income statement from your employer
- Tribal or Federal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Retirement or Pension statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
- Veterans Administration Statement of Benefits
- Your program’s statement of benefits
- Your program’s benefit award letter
- Your program’s benefit verification letter
- Your program’s approval letter
3. Start your application through ACP official website
Upon gathering all your relevant documents, you should now become a member of ACP. This is through enrolling for the program online through their website or offline via mail. Below is how you enroll for ACP:
- Apply through ACP Website:
- Visit ACP official website: “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply“.
- On the page, navigate through until you find the “apply now” icon then click it.
- Upon clicking, the icon will redirected you to ACP virtual application form: “getinternet.gov/apply?awsl=button-from-how-to-apply&id=acp&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“.
- The form comes with some instructions to follow. Follow each instruction to the core for effective results. Start by providing your valid correct home address and email address then click on “tap”
- Prove your identity and eligibility by providing the last four digits of your SSN. You can also prove your identity by attaching valid personal and eligibility documents discussed above.
- Tap on the “next” icon and follow prompt until you complete your application.
- After completion, tap the “submit” button.
- Apply via mail:
- Visit ACP website: affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.
- Collect a paper application form.
- Collect and print your household worksheet: affordableconnectivity.gov/help/tools/#instructions.
- Follow instructions on the form and attach supporting documents.
- Mail your well-sealed forms to the following address: ACP support center, PO BOX 9100, Wilkes-Barre PA 18773.
4. Get a national verifier application ID
When you submit your ACP application form, national verifier team will verify your eligibility and identity. After verification, they will give you a feedback within hours. Please note that your approval can be positive or negative. If you get a negative feedback, check your mistakes and re-apply for the program. If you get an approval or positive feedback, you will get a national verifier application ID.
5. Fill a free phone/tablet enrollment form through Selectel wireless official website
With your national verifier application ID, you can now visit this provider’s official website and apply for a free free Selectel wireless phone and tablet. Below are the steps to follow:
- Open their website: selectelwireless.com/acppreapply.
- Scroll down the page until you see a virtual application form and complete the fields as required.
- On the first field, enter the national lifeline verifier that you received after enrolling for ACP
- Next, enter your name and home address
- Select your current wireless provider
- Enter your email address, contact number, SSN and date of birth
- Choose your eligibility.
- Now select or click New Selectel Wireless Customers and One Time Connected Device Benefit Check list.
- After following all instructions as required, time is now ripe to submit your application and complete your consent form. All you need to do is tap the icon “Submit Application & Consent forms” under your application form. Next, follow all the on-screen instructions to complete and submit your consent form.
7. Get your free phone or tablet
After applying and submitting the forms, you will get a response within few days. If your request was approved, the carrier will then ship your free smartphone or tablet to your address immediately. Note that you will need to first make a payment of $11 before receiving your free tablet from this carrier. For free smartphone, you will not need to make any payment.
What Types of Free Phone and Tablet Can I Get from Selectel Wireless
- Free phones: The types of free government phones from Selectel wireless are not constant. This is because they randomly send any model of phone based on your eligibility, your residential state, availability and FCC consent. Although free government phones are offered randomly, please note that they usually send low-end or middle-range types of phones. It’s also important to mention that they send all brands of phones like Samsung, iPhone, Motorola, iTel, Nokia, Unimax, LG or Google phones.
- Free Tablet: Similar to free phones, free government tablets are offered randomly based on availability. However, this provider offer New Hyundai HyTab 10 with ear buds and screen protector after making a co-payment of $11.
What Other Benefits Will I Get with Selectel Wireless Free Phone and Tablet
As you already know, you can get a free phone and a discounted tablet from Selectel wireless ACP. Besides, the program offers other benefits like:
- You will get a free monthly cellphone service worth $30
- You will get a free monthly service plan worth $75 if you are a qualifying consumer on tribal lands.
- These discounts will give you access to free unlimited data, free unlimited talk minutes and free unlimited texts every month
Selectel Wireless Free Phone and Tablet Restrictions
There are a number of restrictions that govern ACP benefits. For instance:
- These benefits are restricted to one beneficiary per household.
- Once you qualify for these benefits, you are restricted from transferring your benefits to other members in your household.
- These benefits are restricted to a one-time discount.
- You must meet ACP eligibility requirements discussed above before enjoying these benefits.
- You must reside within the carrier’s coverage areas to enjoy these benefits.
- You can’t get Selectel wireless free phone and tablet if you are enrolled in other ACP carriers. Therefore, you must switch from your previous provider to Selectel wireless before accessing these benefits.
Can I Transfer My ACP Benefits to Seletel Wireless?
Yes, since FCC allows ACP members to transfer their benefits from one provider to another, then you can transfer your ACP benefits to Selectel wireless.
Can I Bring My Own Device to Selectel Wireless and Enjoy ACP Benefits?
Yes, this wireless provider offers BYOD program that allows you to bring your own device and activate it with their plans. As long as your device is unlocked and compatible with this carrier, you will be all good. To bring your own device, open their BYOD page: “myaccount.selectelwireless.com/Plan/DeviceValidation“, enter your device’s ID and follow prompt.
How Long Does it Take to Get My Selectel Wireless Free Phone and Tablet?
After submitting your Selctel wireless application and consent form, it can take up to 3 days to get approval. After approval, the carrier will start shipping your device and you can be able to get it within 2 to 10 business days depending with the location of your address.