The covid-19 pandemic has taught us many things like working from home to consult a doctor online. Students have been attending their classrooms virtually. Everyone has been taking government services online. Getting the groceries to our doorsteps through online orders. Doctors are prescribing through video calls. As a result, internet-based service and communications got boosted.
The financial crisis has been turning millions of Americans into income less. Many sources of jobs and income got shut down. Thus, people find it struggling to arrange the monthly budgets of their livelihoods. High-speed internet is one of those essential needs, especially in this new normal. That is why the Federal Government initiated a subsidy program named the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program that successfully contributed to people’s monthly internet bills. The program was a big relief to millions of citizens last year. Since FCC was formed to last for a couple of months, thus it has to be closed in December 2021. But the FCC again introduced a new program named Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) which starts from March 2022. This program also provides monthly internet discounts, free smartphones, and discounted computers like desktops, laptops, and tablets to needy households. FCC has involved internet service providers around the states to participate in this program.
Suddenlink is one of the participating providers of newly formed ACP that provides discounts on eligible households’ monthly internet bills. Being a reputed internet provider company, Suddenlink is offering both high-speed internet and ACP benefits to eligible households around the United States.
What is The Suddenlink Affordable Connectivity Program?
Suddenlink has been supporting communities and customers to stay connected through their variety of internet-based services. With the participation in the federal government’s EBB program last year, Suddenlink boosted up its effort to help people stay connected affordably. Congress granted a $3.2 billion fund for the FCC to provide low-income households with discounted internet. After providing the EBB fund completely, the new ACP is going to facilitate low-income households Based on the FCC guidelines.
The Suddenlink ACP provides eligible low-income households with a monthly credit of up to $30 each. It means a household can receive up to $30 per month as a relief to its monthly broadband bill. Suppose your household uses broadband internet with a $60 monthly plan. Now if you qualify for the Suddenlink ACP benefit as a low-income household or jobless, you will have to pay $30 only. In the tribal lands, the Suddenlink ACP qualifiers receive $75 per month. FCC has created some criteria based on which it will determine the applicant’s eligibility. Two categories of households will be able to get the benefits. Households who already enjoyed the Lifeline, EBB, or other government assistance programs and households who meet the specific income range referred by the FCC will get the Suddenlink ACP benefits as a per household benefit, meaning that one household will get one benefit only.
Eligibility Criteria For Suddenlink Affordable Connectivity Program
Both the new and existing Suddenlink users can apply for the Suddenlink ACP benefit but need to be eligible based on FCC criteria. That means you must pre-qualify for the Suddenlink ACP. The National Verifier checks the documentation and determines the applicant household’s eligibility. Once it considers you as verified, you can get the program by choosing Suddenlink as the participating internet service provider. The eligibility conditions are.
You must be a member of one of these programs:
- SNAP (supplemental nutrition assistant program)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- Federal public housing assistance
- Veterans survivor and Pensions benefit program
- Tribal programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance, tribally administered temporary assistance, Head Start, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation (FDPIR).
There are also income-based eligibility criteria to meet for the Suddenlink ACP benefit:
- Household Income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Any student of the household receives a free and reduced-price school lunch/breakfast program through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision. The countable school years are 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022.
- If a household member experienced substantial loss or got terminated since February 29 of 2020. The total income of the household in 2020 should be below 99,000 dollars for a single filer. And for joint filers, it should be below 198,000 dollars.
- Anyone receives Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- For the New York City resident, anyone from the household attends New York City Public School
The Application Process For the Suddenlink Affordable Connectivity Program
There are some simple steps to apply for ACP. You can apply online from your household. The first and foremost step is to qualify through the National Verifier. Without getting approval from the USAC administered National Verifier, you will not be able to get Suddenlink ACP internet benefits.
- Eligibility Check : In this very first step, you have to browse the National Verifier website and submit your documents to prove your eligibility for approval. Remember, here you will have to provide proper and valid documents to qualify.
- Enroll Suddenlink : Being a new user here you have to sign up with Suddenlink. It’s important to choose the participant provider because ultimately the broadband companies will provide you with the ACP benefits. Once you create a profile you will get to know the services and features they offer. But if you are already a Suddenlink Customer, then just jump to step 3 after getting the eligibility approval.
- Apply for Benefit : Now fill out the Suddenlink application form https://www.suddenlink.com/acp after getting approval from the National Verifier. Remember that you can’t exceed 45 days after getting the National Verifier approval. Here, you will have to submit the National Verifier approval letter as well as other required documents. Suddenlink will finally let you know the update of your application process.
- Enjoy the Suddenlink ACP : When all the steps are done carefully and properly, Suddenlink will email you as confirmation of your benefit. Once approved, you will start receiving a $30 discount on your monthly internet bill.
Documentation Needs to Apply for The Suddenlink ACP
Applicants are required to submit these documents during the application process for the Suddenlink ACP benefits:
- Suddenlink Account Number
- Social security number/Driver’s license/passport/ID/Taxpayer Identification Number (Individual) with name and date of birth.
- Proof of eligibility.
- Recent Tribal TANF letter or card. Current BIA card
- Prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General assistance (SNAP, Medicaid, etc.)
- Free or reduced school meal award letter
- Current income statement
- Tax return in 2019 or 2020
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment statements
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How do I upload my national verifier approval letter?
You must provide information including a national verifier approval letter for Suddenlink ACP. Follow the instruction from https://www.suddenlink.com/acp some tips will guide you to get a national verifier approval letter.
How long does it take to get approval for Suddenlink ACP?
Suddenlink reviews the application as per FCC guidelines. They will notify you of the final decision through email. Usually, it takes 5 business days to process your submission. Also, keep checking your mailbox every while. Once you get approved, you will see the monthly credit within the next two billing cycles.
What if I participate in an address confidentiality program?
If you want to participate in an address confidentiality program, then you must submit an email with some specific documentation. The email address is SSOPS@AlticeUSA.com and those required documents are:
- Suddenlink Account Number
- First and last Name
- Suddenlink Service Address
- The application ID assigned from the National Verifier approval letter
- A statement that says you are participating in an address confidentiality program.
When will the Suddenlink Affordable Connectivity Program End?
The ACP is not temporary like the EBBP and the Federal Government doesn’t have any fixed Expiration Date. So, experts are taking it as a permanent program. It will not be a fixed-date program like the EBB. Rather you can enjoy the Suddenlink ACP until you recover from the financial struggles.
How long will the Suddenlink Affordable Connectivity Program last?
According to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), this program will last for years. FCC introduced the EBB program as a temporary form but ACP as a permanent form. This means the eligible individuals or households can enjoy the monthly subsidy until they need the financial aid.
Suddenlink is gaining popularity for its excellent customer satisfaction. It always commits to keeping its customers and communities connected. It proudly enrolled itself in the FCC’s ACP just to provide low-income people some better and more affordable services as a continuation of the EBB program. So that eligible households can continue their livelihoods virtually, students can attend online classrooms, everyone can get essential virtual services. Suddenlink is ready to serve this amazing offer to keep customers safe and connected with the new normal. ACP is a lengthy initiative, based on program guidelines. For its longevity, you can stay connected for a long time at a low price.