The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a government program that provides discounts on broadband internet service and connected devices to eligible low-income households. Volt Mobile is a wireless service provider offering a free tablet and unlimited talk, text, and data service to eligible ACP participants. Here, we detail all aspects of Volt Mobile ACP.
If you are eligible for ACP, you can get a discount of up to $30 per month on your broadband internet service. You can also get a monthly discount of up to $75 on a connected device, such as a laptop or tablet.
What are the Benefits of Enrolling Volt Mobile’s ACP?
Volt Mobile’s ACP offer includes the following benefits:
- Free tablet: Volt Mobile provides a free tablet to all eligible ACP participants.
- Unlimited talk, text, and data service: Volt Mobile’s ACP offer includes unlimited talk, text, and data service. This means you can talk, text, and use the internet as much as you want without worrying about overage charges.
- Nationwide 4G LTE/5G network: Volt Mobile operates on a nationwide 4G LTE/5G network, so you can get reliable and fast internet service wherever you are in the country.
- Excellent customer service: Volt Mobile is known for its excellent customer service. If you have any questions or problems with your service, you can contact Volt Mobile customer service and get help right away.
In addition to these benefits, Volt Mobile also offers a variety of other features and services, such as:
- Mobile hotspot: You can use your Volt Mobile phone as a mobile hotspot to share your internet connection with other devices, such as laptops and tablets.
- International calling: Volt Mobile offers a variety of international calling plans, so you can stay connected with friends and family around the world.
Overall, Volt Mobile’s ACP offer is a great option for low-income households who need affordable broadband internet service and a connected device. The offer includes a free tablet, unlimited talk, text, and data service, a nationwide 4G LTE/5G network, and excellent customer service.
What Types of Free Tablets I Expect From Volt Mobile ACP
Volt Mobile offers a variety of free tablets to ACP participants. The specific brand and model of tablet that you receive will depend on availability. However, you can expect to receive a 10-inch tablet with a high-resolution display, a long-lasting battery, and plenty of storage space.
Some of the tablet brands that Volt Mobile has offered in the past include:
- Sky Pad
The specific model of tablet that you receive may also vary depending on your location. For example, you may be more likely to receive a specific model of a tablet if it is in stock at a nearby Volt Mobile warehouse.
Here are some examples of 10-inch tablets that you may receive from Volt Mobile:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- LG G Pad 5 10.1
- Alcatel OneTouch Tab 10
- ZTE ZPad 10
- TCL Tab 10S
These tablets have high-resolution displays, long-lasting batteries, and plenty of storage space. They are also all compatible with the latest Android operating system.
Please note that this is just a sample of the 10-inch tablets you may receive from Volt Mobile. The specific brand and model of tablet you receive will depend on availability.
Who is Eligible for Volt Mobile ACP?
To be eligible for Volt Mobile ACP, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- You participate in one of the following government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Tribal Programs (Head Start, Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- You have an income at or below 200% of the federal poverty line
- You are the parent or guardian of a child who participates in one of the following government assistance programs:
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- School Breakfast Program (SBP)
- Head Start
How to Enroll in the Volt Mobile ACP
To enroll in Volt Mobile ACP, visit the Volt Mobile website (https://www.govoltmobile.com/) or call their customer service number at +1 (888)-200-8923. When you register, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your contact information
- Proof of eligibility for the ACP
Proof of eligibility for the ACP can include:
- A copy of your Medicaid card
- A copy of your SNAP benefits letter
- A copy of your Lifeline phone bill
- A copy of your Pell Grant award letter
- A copy of your SSI benefits statement
- A copy of your Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit award letter
- A copy of your Tribal Program benefits letter
- A copy of your income tax return
- A copy of your child’s NSLP or SBP free or reduced-price meal letter
- A copy of your child’s Head Start enrollment letter
Once you have provided the required information, Volt Mobile will verify your eligibility for the ACP. If you are eligible, you can sign up for their ACP offer, which includes a free tablet and unlimited talk, text, and data service.
Here are the steps on how to enroll in Volt Mobile ACP online:
- Go to the Volt Mobile website.
- Click on the “ACP” tab.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Fill out the enrollment form, including your name, address, contact information, and proof of eligibility.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Here are the steps on how to enroll in Volt Mobile ACP over the phone:
- Call Volt Mobile customer service at +1 (888)-200-8923.
- Tell the customer service representative that you want to enroll in the ACP.
- Provide the customer service representative with your name, address, contact information, and proof of eligibility.
- The customer service representative will verify your eligibility and sign you up for the ACP offer.
Once you have enrolled in Volt Mobile ACP, you will receive a confirmation email or phone call. You will also receive your free tablet in the mail within a few weeks.
Are There Any Additional Fees Associated With the Plan?
Yes, a one-time deductible of $11.00 is associated with the Volt Mobile ACP plan. This deductible is required to receive the free tablet. The deductible is non-refundable and must be paid in full before receiving the tablet.
In addition to the deductible, there may be other fees associated with the Volt Mobile ACP plan, such as:
- Taxes and fees: You may be responsible for paying taxes and fees on the monthly service plan and/or the tablet. The amount of taxes and fees will vary depending on your location.
- Over-limit fees: You may be charged over-limit fees if you exceed the data limit on your monthly service plan. The over-limit fees will vary depending on your plan.
- Late payment fees: If you do not pay your monthly service bill on time, you may be charged late payment fees. The late payment fees will vary depending on your plan.
For more information about the fees associated with the Volt Mobile ACP plan, please visit the Volt Mobile website or contact Volt Mobile customer service.
What Are the Speed Restrictions for the Plan?
Volt Mobile does not specify any speed restrictions for its ACP plan. However, it is important to note that all ACP plans are subject to fair use restrictions. This means that Volt Mobile may throttle your data speeds if you exceed a certain amount of data usage in a month.
The amount of data usage that triggers throttling will vary depending on your plan and your location. However, most ACP plans have a fair use limit of around 30GB per month. If you exceed the fair use limit, your data speeds may be throttled to 2G or 3G speeds.
If you are concerned about data throttling, you can contact Volt Mobile customer service to learn more about the fair use limits for your plan. You can also take steps to reduce your data usage, such as:
- Disable background data usage: Many apps use data in the background, even when you are not using them. You can disable background data usage for individual apps or all apps.
- Use Wi-Fi whenever possible: Wi-Fi is much faster and more reliable than cellular data. If you have access to Wi-Fi, use it instead of cellular data whenever possible.
- Stream videos and music at a lower quality: Streaming videos and music at a lower quality uses less data.
- Download content for offline use: If you know you will be in an area with poor cellular coverage, download content for offline use.
By taking these steps, you can reduce data usage and avoid data throttling.