If you want a cell phone without internet or camera, getting one in this modern era might be a hectic process. This is because phone manufacturers are now paying attention to modern and advanced smartphones. However, if you still prefer using these phones up to date, all is not lost. If you are a senior living in the US, there are number of ways that you can still get a cellphone without camera or internet. This is through sites like amazon or Walmart. Note that these phones are built with the simplest technology that allows users to text and call only. Also known as traditional or basic cell phone, these phones exist without camera, internet capability and other features like music and social media.
One of the greatest advantage of using a cell phone without internet or camera is that you will be able to save on purchase and maintenance cost. Also, using these phones is so convenient, easy to navigate and less prone to damage. As a senior, you will also access senior friendly features like well-lit screen, large fonts and big buttons. Another great advantage is that most of these phones are built with SOS emergency buttons and audible speakers among other relevant features. To your surprise, it’s also possible to get smartphones with no internet. These are smartphones like Samsung galaxy J2 Pro. If you still prefer using a cell phone without internet or camera, we are here to help you through. This guide has relevant details on places to buy these phones, factors to consider and the best model of phones available.
What Can A Cell Phone Do Without A Internet or Camera?
In this modern era, a phone without internet or camera is rendered useless by many. I mean, the world is internet, what help can a phone without internet offer? If this is your mentality, you should know that these cell phones are equally important. Below are things that a basic phone can do:
- Although the importance of internet is undisputable, it might have negative effect if misused. As a result, cell phone without internet or camera is important for children. Since children also have a right to communicate with parents, friends or family, a cell phone without internet will do them well. Such a phone protects your kids from the dangerous and harmful content of the internet.
- A phone without internet is also important as far as saving on cost is concerned. Although internet is important, it comes with a price. In fact, internet bills exceed those of basic needs nowadays. A phone with no internet capability will incur you call and text cost only with excluded data plans. This helps to lower your cell phone bill. Besides, basic phones are strong and less prone to breakage or damage. This saves you phone repair or replacement cost.
- If you live in remote areas, a cell phone with no internet or camera is your ideal device. Why? In most cases, internet connection is hectic in remote areas. Such areas need simply modified phones for texts and calls only. Also, remote areas are known to have electricity scarcity. Basic phones with simple features consume less power thus likely to last for days or even weeks with just a single charge.
- Lastly, traditional cellphones with no internet or camera do well for seniors. They are the best to gift your grandparents as they are easy to use, cheaper and affordable.
Where Can I Get A Cell Phone Without Internet or Camera
Did you know there still exist phones without camera? Yes! Although they are scarce, such phones still exist and are mostly designed for users who aren’t allowed to bring cameras in places of work. Besides, there also exist non-internet phones that are designed for seniors or users who don’t want to incur huge costs on internet. The most challenging thing is that these phones are difficult to get in this generation. This is because most phone producers are focusing on technology advanced phones. However, there are still ways to get a cell phone without internet or camera. If you are in search of these phones, below are places you are most likely to get them:
1. From the government program
Have you ever heard of lifeline program? This is government program that offers free or cheap cell phones to low income customers or seniors. Although lifeline offers advanced smartphones, they also offer basic cellphones with no internet or camera. Therefore, it’s likely to get a phone without a internet or camera from the government’s lifeline program.
2. From amazon and other online platforms
It’s also possible to get a cell phone without internet or camera from amazon. This is a worldwide online platform that sells wide variety of products. From amazon, you can get both unlocked and locked basic phones from service providers like Verizon wireless. All you need is to create an account with amazon. After, visit pages like https://www.amazon.com/phone-without-camera/s?k=phone+without+camera , select your phone of choice, add to cart and check out.
Other online platforms where you are likely to get a cell phone with no internet or camera is eBay and Walmart. All you need to do is create an account with them and you are good to go.
3. Wireless service providers
If you are desperately in need of a cell phone without internet or camera, you can talk to your enrolled carrier for help. These are carriers like Verizon, T-mobile, sprint and so on. Although some of these companies sell high end phones, you can be lucky to get basic cell phones without internet or camera from them.
4. From phone manufactures
There are several phone manufacturers that produce cell phone without internet or camera. Some of these brands are Motorola, Nokia, Alcatel and Samsung. If you need a basic phone but can’t find it from retailers, you can directly talk to these manufacturers for help:
10 Best Cell Phones Without Internet or Camera
There are several models of cell phone without internet or camera in the market. This might make it hard for you to choose the best among the many. Consequently, we compiled a list of the best ten phones to consider.
1. BLU Tank II T193
Do you intend to buy your parents or kids a simple to use phone for communication? This is the perfect phone to get. In fact, it is an unlocked phone that can compact with any service provider. However, the phone has no internet capability thus suitable for calls and text services only.
Despite lacking internet capability, this basic cell phone is inscribed with other amazing features like a lasting 1900mAh battery, MP3 music player, MP4 video player and FM radio frequency. Besides, it is a dual SIM phone, has Bluetooth connectivity and designed to understand French, English and Portuguese.
- It is functioned with few and easy to understand features
- It is cheap to buy and maintain
- Has more than one functionality in that can use for communication. Listen to music and also play games
- Has a camera
- Insufficient memory
2. Nokia 3310 3G
This is another incredible basic cellphone that is unlocked to several networks. One great advantage of this phone is that it gives you the freedom of shifting to any service provider of your choice. The phone is cheap, affordable and easy to get from platforms like Amazon.
Nokia 3310 3G is available in 4 different shades: warm red, yellow, azure and yellow. Besides, it is functioned with classic and updated snake gaming, 3G capability and 2.1 Bluetooth pairing. The phone is also small, light and convenient to carry around. With a 2.4 inch screen display, you can play games, read text and view contact list with ease.
- It is unlocked
- Small and compact
- Available in different shades
- Has games for fun
- Easily accessible
- It is a single SIM phone
3. Snapfon ezTWO unlocked phone
This is one of the best basic phone for seniors with no internet capability. Instead, this phone allows you to talk and text only. The phone incorporates the most advanced senior features like large screen, easy to navigate menus, big buttons, big fonts and SOS emergency button. When there is an emergency, just press the SOS button to alert the recipient though a call. Also, after the dial, optimal siren will sound to inform and alert neighbors.
In addition, this phone has illuminated keypad and large format for visual impaired users. Its buttons are real and easy to dial making it ideal for seniors with straining eyesight. Also, the phone is inscribed with a simple slide keypad lock, enhanced sound with effective volume controls, hearing aid and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Best suited for seniors
- Functioned with speaking keypad
- SOS emergency bottom
- Hearing aid compatibility
- Its unlocked to many networks
- Not as cheap
4. Kyocera s1370 rally T-Mobile
If you want to run away from high prices associated with the internet, this is another perfect phone to run to. Built with reliable and quality features, this phone is 3G enabled and works perfectly with T-Mobile network. However, the phone allows you to talk and text only.
The phone features a clear and beautifully colored screen, music, speakerphone and 3.5 mm headset jack. In addition, it allows additional memory space of 32GB to store your music, contacts and other content. Not to forget its lasting battery that allows you to enjoy several hours of continuous use. Another interesting feature of this phone, is a Bluetooth connectivity that is so effective in sharing and receiving music and videos.
- Its affordable
- Built with quality features
- Easily available
- Allows additional memory space
- It’s a 3G enabled phone
- The phone doesn’t have the best battery
5. Jethro [SC435] 3G unlocked
Jethro is a traditional type of unlocked cell phone that is best for seniors and kids who don’t need the internet. It is a modern designed slider phone that is compatible with majority of the GSM networks in the US. Designed with seniors in mind, this phone has an SOS button on its back that allows you to text or call up to 6 contacts for help during an emergency. In addition, Jethro unlocked phone is equipped with a speaking keyboard, enhanced volume, large buttons and screen that are big enough for seniors to use efficiently.
It is also functioned with a simple to use menu, lasting battery with a convenient dock for easy charging. Lastly, this phone is compatible with 16 different languages and has additional features like FM radio, calendar, alarm clock and so forth.
- It is compatible with several service providers
- Has a sleek and unique design
- Has SOS panic button
- Large LCD screen display
- Large numbers
- Value for money
- Insufficient storage
6. Jitterbug flip phone
Do you want the best basic phone with no internet? Jitterbug flip phone is another incredible phone to consider. The phone works with one of the best network: Verizon wireless. Besides, it features emergency buttons, large key buttons and fonts that make it convenient for seniors.
Additionally, jitterbug flip phone has large and well-lit screen, loud and clear speakers, hearing aid rating and a lasting battery that last up to 8 hours when fully charged.
- Light and easily portable
- Best designed for seniors and hearing impaired users
- Has an emergency button
- Cheap and affordable
- Easy to navigate
- Insufficient storage.
7. Gabb phone Z2
This phone is best designed for parents who want to introduce a smartphone to their kids without exposing them to the internet. Basically, it is a smartphone that is inscribed with few features similar to that of a traditional/ basic cell phone. The phone is designed with no app, no internet and is limited to text and talk only.
Gabb phone Z2 has a lasting 2660mAh battery that keeps up with the phone’s regular usage without draining. Its battery is estimated to last up to 16 hours talk time and 455 hours of standby time. Besides, it boasts of 32 GB internal storage that allows a microSD card limit of 1TB. With this phone, you can take photos as it is functioned with 8MP rear camera and 5MP front camera with special features like flash light and filters.
- GPS enabled to track your kids
- Has essential apps like calendar, calculator, clock, radio and so on
- Limits your child to unnecessary apps because it blocks the user from downloading additional apps
- Dull screen display
- Has a fragile plastic back
- Not water resistance.
8. Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro
This is another internet free smartphone that was equally designed with seniors or kids in mind. This phone is built with features that are so easy to navigate. With this phone, you can easily watch videos, read texts or books thanks to its large screen of 5 inches and a screen resolution of 720×1280 pixels.
Samsung galaxy J2 pro also features a quality 8MP main camera and 5MP selfie camera to take beautiful pictures and videos. Moreover, the phone has a storage capacity of 16 GB, 2GB RAM and a lasting battery of 2600mAh that can last up to 14 hours of talk time and 54hrs of music play.
- Has audible speakers
- Reliable display
- Decent battery life
- Has GPS features
- Hardly accessible.
9. Easyfone 3G Unlocked senior flip cell phone
This unlocked flip phone is also internet free and designed with the elderly in mind. This device has large key buttons, big fonts, audible volume and a user friendly operating system that makes life simpler for seniors.
Being a flip phone, it has an external and internal displays. Its external display helps to display missed calls, date, time, message notifications and get an alarm reminder. In addition, this device has hearing aid compatibility, SOS emergency button, big volume and big icon for seniors to see with ease.
- User friendly features
- Quality sound
- Lasting battery lie
- Has a convenient charging dock
- SOS emergency buttons
- Not a durable phone
10. Light Phone 2
If you want a minimalist phone with no internet access, light phone 2 is an amazing choice. This phone features a lasting battery that can go for 6 hours of talk time and three days of standby time. It also has 8GB of storage and 2.8 inches screen for perfect displays. Its speakers are well audible with sound quality and noise cancellation features.
- Made of a modern design
- Supports 4G
- It’s so slow to boot
Key Features To Look at Before Buying A Cell Phone Without Internet Or Camera
When buying a phone without internet or camera, you shouldn’t overlook other important features. Below are key features to look before buying a phone without internet or camera.
- Functionality : When buying a phone without internet or camera, you need to determine who the user is. Also, what will the phone be used for? If the phone is meant for seniors, look out for senior features like large fonts and emergency buttons. Is the phone meant for kids? It should be functioned with simple interface and safety features.
- Screen : When making a decision to buy a phone without internet or camera, ensure it has a clear and wide screen as its prime feature. Since basic phones are mostly meant for kids or seniors, screen display should be large and convenient for them.
- Battery : Basic phones are known to have long lasting batteries. There is nothing as frustrating as your phone running out of power when in use. As a result, always ensure your basic phone of choice has a powerful and lasting batteries that goes for days with a single charge. Basic phones with lasting batteries are most favorable for seniors or kids.
- Storage : Cell phones without internet are known to have less storage than smartphones. Since these phones come with few features, they need less storage. Nevertheless, your ideal basic phone should have more space to store other content like contacts and ringtones. This is because low storage will slow down your phone’s effectiveness.
- Cost : Cell phones without camera or internet access are cheap and affordable to maintain. This is because they are functioned with few features and a simple technology. Therefore, you should ensure your basic cell phone of choice is cheap and affordable. Since there are different places that sell these phones, do your research well and select the cheapest.
Is There A Phone That Just Calls And Texts?
Yes. If you pine for a simple phone with no internet but just calls and texts, light phone II is the ideal phone. Although the phone has no internet, it has other amazing features like sufficient phone book to store all your contacts seamlessly. Not to forget a lasting battery that can last for hours with a single charge. The phone also features a map application.
Can I Buy A Smartphone Without Internet?
Yes. Although they are rare to get, it’s possible to buy a smartphone without internet. These are phones like gabb phone Z2 and Samsung galaxy j2 pro. Since these smartphones are hectic to get, you can opt for a smartphone with internet blocking as an alternative.
How Do I Permanently Block Internet Access On My Child’s Phone? Or A Smartphone
If you buy a smartphone with internet capability but need to deactivate or block the internet from it, the process is so easy. This is mostly applicable for parents who want to block internet access from their kids’ phones. If you are such a parent, you can block internet access from your smartphone by using third party apps that function without rooting your phone. This is through apps like NetGuard that can be downloaded from Google Play Store. However, you can also filter internet access through your phone’s mobile network settings.